Chapter 28

We Fell In Love

 

Yamada leisurely opened the door of their room. He warily walks inside, carrying his feet so his footsteps wouldn’t be heard. Everyone is asleep now. He didn’t go home with the Hey Say Jump members since he needed some fresh air and also some moment to think. He stopped for a while on a playground, just 2 blocks away from Nana’s place before finally going home.

When Yamada had successfully got to his bed, without waking up any of his two roommates, he jadedly rested his back on the headboard of his bed and plunks the back of his hand on his forehead. He stared up on the ceiling and flashed back on what happened earlier,

(Flashback)

 

"Are you sure... Really. If you're feeling bad just tell me I---"

"I'm fine."  Nana nodded. Deep inside, Nana is so pissed off. She's asking him a question and all he'll answer is I'm fine. Won't he even explain why he has been so cold?

"You didn't even eat much. Im worr---"

"NANA I SAID IM FINE!!" Yamada said with his voice raising up, and annoyance can be easily heard on it. 

Nana was shocked for what he did. But then he has gotten on her limits. She dropped the broom she's holding. "What's your problem ha? Im just asking fi you're fine and you're gonna shout onvme?"

"Im sorry. I'm just not in the mood."

"NOT IN THE MOOD? SORRY? I AMM SO DAMN WORRY YOU KNOW! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARE! "

"Nana stop. I sad I'm sorry..." Yamada said trying to hold her.

"Dont touch me! AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME" Nana pushed Yamada away.

"Na--"

"Youve been so quiet and I don't have any idea what's wrong with you!!!" Nana said while tears started to build up on the corner of her eyes. "Oh I get it... So you dont want me to care and mind you. Fine with me. Now leave."

"Nana that's not what I mean... I jus--"

"I SAID LEAVE!" Nana pushed Yamada through the doors. "LEAVE!" The others, seeing this who had no idea what's happening to Nana and Yamada was left wide eyes and was so shocked. Even Mrs. Yamamoto who just heard the shoutings inside her room was so shocked. The two had never fight this way. 

"OUT AND DON'T COME BACK YAMADA RYOSUKE! " She said then bang the door on his face. Nana then headed on her room and her cried can be heard outside.

(End of flashback)

“She cried… She really cried…” Yamada said to himself with a minimal voice. “Ugh. Stupid Yamada Ryousuke! BAKA!” He slightly whacked his forehead.

“Now, what will you do? Nana got mad at you because of your stupid actions. Wait, not just mad…”

“He hates me now…” He trailed. Listening on the tone of his voice, you will know how much he regrets what he has done. “I, myself, don’t know that had gotten into me. I was fine when I went out of the hospital to find my phone but that Masaharu Mina messed up with my mood. She’s so annoying. More like of a devil woman. She doesn’t have any care for the people around her. But I was going to be fine. I was supposed to be fine. I went back to the hospital knowing that if I see Nana everything is going to be fine. I will be fine.  But…” Yamada paused, trying to process everything in his mind. Now he knows why.

“But I saw him being so close with Yuto.” He admits to himself. “To be honest with myself, I got bothered when I saw them. I don’t know why, maybe because I’m jealo…”

He stopped on what he’s saying. He, himself, got shocked for what he was about to say. “Jealous.”

“Of course I would be jealous. I’m her best friend and I saw her being so close with other people. Maybe, I’m just scared to lose Nana once again. Scare to lose my best friend. I love her. Well, of course in a friendly way. And I want her beside me all the time… because she is my best friend.” He whispered the last sentence and chuckled.

“Yeah that’s why.” He waggles his head.

(Yuto)

Yuto peeked at his phone, checking if there would be any text from Nana. But there is none. He couldn’t sleep. He said that he would wait for Nana’s text and he was serious about it.

*What happened a while ago?* Yuto thought. *She must be really mad.*

Yuto himself noticed Yamada’s bad mood. He was so quiet and seems to be wondering around on his own world. He just didn’t mind it because knowing Yamada, he knows he would be fine later on of the day. He would return to his normal self. But he didn’t, instead, his actions pushed Nana on her edge and made her furious about it.

While thinking all of this, Yuto heard the door slowly opens, with the creaking sound it usually does whenever you open it like that. He saw Yamada walks inside of the room and he knows he’s trying not to wake both him and Chinen. When Yamada had already reached his bed, he was about to speak up and face him but he suddenly spoke.

“She cried… She really cried…” He heard Yamada said. Yuto knows that if he continues listening, he would know the reason behind his acts. So he just pretended to be asleep and listen on what Yamada will say.

Yuto sneered. Now he knows why. Yamada had acted like that because he is jealous of him. Yuto wanted to laugh at him for being so stupid. What’s there for him to be jealous of? Nana and he are just friends. But wait, why is he even bothered of Nana being so close with him? Yes, he said that he’s jealous because he’s afraid of losing her again the second time around. But come to think of it, isn’t he a bit over-reacting? He wouldn’t lose Nana by just being close with someone because no matter how close she is to anybody, for her, she has only one best friend. And that’s Yamada Ryousuke.

*He admitted that he was jealous. But I know there is something more that that…* Yuto thought. *WAIT! IT CAN’T BE…*
---

Yamada went to the table and joined the other members as they eat their breakfast. He sat beside Inoo, who was enjoying eating his sausage and bread.

“Ohayoo Yama-chan!” Inoo greeted with a charming voice. Yamada stared at him blankly then stood up and went back inside his room.

“What’s his problem?” Inoo looked at Keito in front of him.

Keito shrugged. “Maybe he’s still affected by what happened between him and Nana last night?” He theorized.

“You know Yamada, Inoo. He really is hard to move on.” Daiki tap Inoo on his left shoulder.

“That’s why we need to help him.” Yabu said. “We need to help Yamada reunite with Nana or else he would remain to be like that for a long time.”

“You’re right. But how?” Yuya asked, becoming interested. “I think this would be another big operation for the Hey Say Jump members.”

“OPERATION TO REUNITE NANA AND YAMADA!” They all said together, but someone is missing--- Yuto.

“So guys, are we in it?” Ryuotaro said excitedly and placed his open hands on the air.

WHACK. Yuya smacked his head. “That was supposed to be my line!” He put his hand on the top of Ryoutaro’s hands. “Are we in it?”

“IN IT!”