Chapter 24

We Fell In Love

Nana went inf front of the mirror and look at herself. She tied her hair up and put on her flat shoes. She looked back again on the mirror when she suddenly thought of something. She straughtened up her back and smiled widely.

"Mr. and Mrs. Yamada, it's been a long time. I missed you so much." Nana said in front of the mirror.She's practicing on how she'll greet Mr. and Mrs. Yamada when she saw them later.

"Is it too formal?" Nana put her arms on her waist, thinking.

She straightened her body again and looked at the mirror.  "Mr. and Mr.s Yamada, it's been a long time. How have you been?"

"AHHHHH!!..Why am I being so nervous?" She whined, shooking her head vigorously because of annoyance and pulled down her hair frustratedly.
 

As Nana brushed her hair, putting it up and tieng it all back together, she heard a loud voice approaching her. "Nana, excuse me!!" It was her brother. He hastily went inside Nana's room and pushed her aside that made Nana fall on to the bed. Yuusuke faced the full view mirror.

"YAH! WHY ARE Y---" Nana was about to yell at her brother but stop when she saw him folding up his sleeves ang taking it down whenever he saw a one small mistake. He was so serious and looking on him on that state made her smile. Nana stood up and lean on the wall beside Yuusuke.


Yuusuke was busy fixing his sleeves when he noticed Nana looking at him with a disturbing eyes.

"Nande?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Why are you so cauntious about you look today?" Nana eyed him suspiciously. "It's like you're going on a date. Well, you're not even like this when you're really preparing for a date."

"Ha? Aa...It's because we're going to meet, after a lone time, the Ya---" Yuusuke tried to explain but he was cut by Nana.

"Chihiro-nee?" Nana finished.

Yuusuke looked at Nana with a "here we go again" expression on his face. "How did Chihiro became a part of this conversation again?'

"Weel, because she's a part of this." Nana said determinedly.

"No, she's not."

"Yes, she is." Nana urged.

"How come she did?" Yuusuke asked leaning forward.

"because you like her."

Yuusuke laughed sarcastically then looked back at Nana with a serious eyes. "How did you know?" Yuusuke fumed.

"You confesed to her."

"It's all in the past now." Yuusuke urged back.

"DID you like her?" Nana questioned giving an emphasis on the word "did".

"Yes, I did."

"Did you like her?" She repeated.

"Yes."

"Did you like her?"

"Yes."

"Do you like her?"

"Yes...I mean NO!"

"You like her?" Nana comfirmed mischievously.

"YOU TRICKED ME!" Yuusuke yelled.

"I didnt. I just asked you if you like her and you sais yes." Nana defended herself.

"I just...was..co..con..." Yuusuke baffled.

Nana smirked. "Aiisssh! Is that what you called "no feelings"? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." Nana said, hissing on his brother, smacking him on the end before she hurriedly went out.

"Itae.." He whined as he touched the part of his head which Nana smacked. "YAH! HOW DARE YOU SMACKED ME ON THE HEAD LIKE THAT! IM STILL OLDER THAN YOU!! AMD IM NOT BOTHERED BY CHIHIRO!" Yuusuke yelled whole-heartedly.

*Ding Dong. Ding Dong.*

Misaki stopped putting the plates on the table and hand it to her mother. "It must be them. I'll go check it out."  She walked towards the front door, seeing Yamada on the way, walking down the stairs.

"Someone rang the door bell." Yamada said.

"I'll go check it out." Yamada nod his head and went back to his room.

Misaki looked at the intercom and a smile formed on her lips upon seeing the monitor. She hurriedly went outside and open the gate.

"NANA!" Misaki yelled excitedly as soon as she opened the gate and jumped to hug Nana tightly. Nana who was not prepared by the sudden action almost lost her balance and hold onto his brother for support.

"Cant..breathe." Nana said slowly. Misaki let go of Nana.

"Gomen. I just got too excited." Misaki apologized. She greeted the other Yamamoto family members and bowed at them respectfully. "Come on in." Misaki pulled Nana inside the house with the other Yamamoto following them.

<>

"Oka-san, Nii-chan, Nee-chan. They're here." Misaki yelled calling the others to come over.

"Hounto?" Mrs. Yamada appeared.

"SHINYUU!" Mrs. Yamada quickly went to Mrs. Yamamoto and hugged her happily. "It's been a long time. How have you been?"

"Great, Shinyuu." Mrs. Yamamoto answered. They stoped hugging and faced the kids.

"Sashiburi Auntie Yamada." Nana and Yuusuke greeted while Mari just bowed her head.

"Nana-chan is that you? You became really beautiful." Mrs. Yamaad complimented.

"A..Arigatou." Nana smiled awkwardly.

"Hehehe. Kawaii." Mrs. Yamada chuckled. "Eh? Is this Mari?" She point to Mari and walked to her.

"You grew up. You know, I was there when you were born." Mrs. Yamaad informed, patting Mari's head.

"You too...Papa Ryosuke was there too."

"Papa?.." Mrs. Yamada asked with a one of her eyebrows raised up.

"She call me papa." Yamada suddenly appeared and answered.

"Ahhh...HAHAHA>" Mrs. Yamada laughed. "Where is Chihiro?"

"Coming.." A voice was heard and a girl on her 20's appeared on the strairs.

Seeing the girl, Yuusuke suddenly froze. 'It's Chihiro!'  Yuusuke's mind panicked.

'Act normal..act normal...' Yuusuke suddenly felt someone elbowing him. It was Nana.

"It's Chihiro-nee..." Nana whispered to Yuusuke.

Yuusuke smiled while glaring at Nana. "URASAI!" He whisperd back.

<>

"Konbanwa." Chihiro bowed in front of the Yamamoto. "Oka-san, can we eat already? I kind of starving already." Chihiro said in a baby talk while rubbing his tummy.

"Hai..hai..Come on, let's eat." Mrs. Yamada head them to the dining area and asked them to sit. They all took their places.

"Nana sit beside me." Yamada called and Nana nod and went to the chair, But when Nana was about to sit on the chair, Mari suddenly push her and sit on it instead.

"I'll sit with Papa Ryosuke." Mari stated. Nana sighed and made some actions on Mari's back and just sit beside

<>

As they continue eating their dinner, both families talked about a lot of things like; Yamada's carrer, Nana studies, Chihiro's first day in college, Yuusuke being stupid sometimes which made him so much embarrass and many more. Ahen the dinner is over, Mrs. Yamada and Mrs. Yamamoto together with their husband, went on the living room and coninue talking. The young ones except for Mari who stayed beside her mother, went on the garden instead.

"Ou parents are really amazing. They never got tired of talking." Nana commented taking a peek on her parents.

"Yeah. They love to gossip about things." Yuusuke added.

"Just let them be. It's a sign of getting old, you know?" Misaki said then they all laughed.

The four went to the side where a small round table is place and sat on it. They talk about a lot of humorous story and laughed nonstop. On the middle of discussion, Yamada felt someone kicking him on the foot. It was Nana. He looked at her.

"Nani?" Yamada mouthed. Nana leaned forward to the table and put her right arm into it with the right side of his head rested into it and faced Yamada.

"Let's leaveChihiro-nee and nii-chan alone." Nana whispered and a smile faced on Yamada's lips. He nod in agreement.

"Im going to get some snacks." Yamada said then excused himself.

"I'll go with you, matte." Nana followed Yamada and before leaving motioned Misaki to go too."

Misaki saw Nana's action and got it right away. She nod her head and wait for the perfect timing. After a minte, Misaki stood up and walked away but stopped when Chihiro grabbed her hand.

"Where are you going?"

"Washroom..Im going to the washroom." Misaki made uu, pulling her hands off Chihiro's grab and quickly left.

Nana, Yamada and Misaki hide on the wall beside the sliding door, peeking at Chihiro and Yuusuke.

"They look so awkward." Nana said, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"Aishh! Why are'nt they talking?" Misaki huffed. They then heard Chihiro cleared .

"Sssh!" Yamada hissed. "They're now talking.

<>

Chihiro and Yuusuke was left alone at the garden by themselves. The surrounding was full of silence that no one even dares to talk. Chihiro then cleared breaking off the awkward silence. Yuusuke looked at her and smile. Then there was silence again.

"So how's..." They said at the same time.

"You go first." Chihiro chuckled.

"It's okay."  Yuusuke said lowering down his face.

"So...how's...your..lo...lovelife now?" Chihiro aske uncertainly.

"It's been pretty good." Yuusuke answered shortly. "It's been good after you busted me, I guess." He added bitterly then laughed.

"Aahhh! Yuusuke, about that." Yuusuke looked at Chihiro. "I would like to say sorry for that," She said with a sad face.

"What's there to be sorry about?" Yuusuke mumbled.

"that time..I didnt intend of hurting you. Whenever I remember that day, a sad smile formed on my lips. I know that we cant change it anymore but cant we avoid being awkward? I just hate it."

"Who does not want that?" Yuusuke offered his head to Chihiro. "So...let's be friend again."

Chihiro chuckled and took Yuusuke's ahnd and shake it. "Lets be."

-----

"Aaah! So tired!" Nana said plopping down onto her bed. She ws staring at the ceiling when she felt her phone vibrating on her pocket. She took her phone and read the message. It was Yamada.

'Nana. I forgit to tell you a while ago, do you want to come with us tomorrow morning? We'll be having our monthly health check up at the hospital. You can have a check up too if you want.'

A smiel formed on Nana's lips as she read the message. She then sat on her bed, crossing her legs and quickly reply to Yamada.

"Of..course...I...would...love..to...smiling...face..Will...you..pick...me...up?" Nana dictate the word she typed on her cellphonen and pressed the send button. After a while, Nana felt her phone vubrated again.

'Yes, I will pick you up. I bet you're tired. Go rest now. I'll go at your place at 8:00 so be early. I dont like waiting. Oyasumi ~'

"He--he--heart?" Nana stammered as she put her index finger on the heart on Yamada's text. "He put a heart on it." Nana lay down on her bed, giggling and rolling on the top of the blanket making her to look like a corn dog.

"I must take a bath now." She uncovered herself from the blanket and quickly went to the washroom.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if it was random. By the way, I really want say thank you for those who subscribed to this story and even for those who didnt. Thank you. Really really thank you. And watch out for the next chapter. The bad girl will now be on it and for the upcoming chapters.