Chapter 2 - A Happy Life

It's You

EunHee strolled through the streets of Seoul until she reached her father's company building. It was already lunchtime and she intended to give him the box of bagels her mother cooked for him. 

As soon as she reached her father's office floor, his secretary approached her at once. After all, it wasn't new to the employees for the Chairman's daughter to visit him during lunch hours. But being the humble chaebol daughter that she is, she frankly asked them to treat her like a normal person. That way, she doesn't really experience the treatment normally given to third generation chaebols. 

"Young miss, what do we have for lunch today?" Mr. Lee, her father's secretary of  10 years jokingly asked her. 

"I brought Appa's favorite, Blueberry Bagels. Don't worry, I brought an extra box of it for you! And didn't I tell you to just call me EunHee?" EunHee answered back followed by a pout. 

"Oh Young-- I mean, EunHee, you didn't have to bother. But then again, one doesn't simply refuse a box of Blueberry bagels from the Sweet Confections!" Mr. Lee answered making EunHee chuckle heartily. 

"Aigoo. Here's your bagels, Mr. Lee. And by the way, where's Appa?" EunHee questioned as her eyes roamed around the room to find her father.

"EunHee dear, he's here in his room having a nice chitchat with Mr. Kim" Mr. Lee told her as he proceeded to open the door for the young miss. 

She thanked the secretary and immediately went to greet her father. But to her surprise, she found her father talking to a man she never knew of. 

"Annyeong Haseyo, Appa. Here's the box of bagels Umma cooked for you." EunHee said then gave each of the men a 90 degree bow.

"Oh, my daughter! You're quite early today, huh? By the way, this is Mr. Kim of the Kim Corporations. He is a very close friend of ours."

"Annyeong Haseyo Mr. Kim." EunHee said then gave him a bow, again. 

"Ne. Annyeong Haseyo. What a bubbly daughter you have here, Lee Eun. " Mr. Kim said making the female Shin blush. 

"Kamsamhamnida, Mr. Kim. Appa, I shall take my leave now and help Umma with the bakery." EunHee said to Mr. Kim then turned to her Appa to bid him goodbye. 

As soon as EunHee stepped out of the company building feeling so blessed to have caring parents, she inhaled the fresh air of Seoul. Well, who would not be happy if you're father owns a company that caters most of the tourists through their hotels and a mother who owns a famous bake shop? Life certainly is perfect just the way it is for them. Unbeknownst to her, her father and his companion might be planning a little something at that same moment. Something that might change that perfect life of hers. What can it be?