Chapter 21 - Thoughts

It's You

Here, have a boring chapter. Little dialogues and little to nothing main events happening. Forgive me if I'm such a fail of an author, not really having the mood to write. Sorry again. :( 

To love is nothing, to be loved is something, but wouldn't it be great to love and be loved and be that person's everything? 

She spent the night crying, a thing she frequents doing since she was forced into this arranged marriage thingy. What did she really do to deserve this kind of a fortune? Nothing. But why was she treated that way? 

She looked at the mirror for the second time this day. Minutes ago, she was happy, very happy to be within the presence of her loved ones again. Their staff members, Bongsun, Jay,Taemin, Jonghyun and of course, her mom...She loved them. And she knew they loved her too. Can't she stay within their presence forever and forget that she met, she was married and she loved Kim Jaejoong? 

She smiled bitterly, yes, now she can't deny it. She loved him. If it's not love, then like, at the very least. The time she met him, the reason she felt so giddy inside. When he kissed her...on the cheeks. It was as if heaven opened and a trail of flowers was showered by God unto them. Then, what should it be like if he kissed her? On the lips? She didn't want to imagine. The time when he decided to be friends with her, she felt like she was the luckiest woman alive to just even be friends with this almighty creation called Jaejoong. That certain time when he cooked for her. She would like the list to continue. But she knew better. Those times, with the turn of events that happened just recently, were the last, she admitted. 

She rested her head on her desk, preparing to update her diary. Jaejoong. He was lingering on her mind again, as if it was his office. Lounging and silent, she continued her imagination of him. Besides, it was the only place they can be together. There was something about this Kim Jaejoong that made her feel warm inside despite of his cold piercing eyes staring at her. 

Warm then cold. 'Oh wow. Was it just coincidental that it was like our relationship?' 

When they were seated on their car en route to their new house, the way he answered, the posture he beheld, the straight face he managed to put as a facade, though she was oblivious, she felt that it was too obvious. They were signs. Signs that it would be difficult for him to open up his heart to her. God knows how euphoric Eunhee felt when Jaejoong decided for them to be friends. She called Hayoung, jumping with glee that time, informing her of this seemingly important move Jaejoong did. Several months later, he was back to being the Jaejoong she used to know. Cold. Silent. Reserved. 

"Ah. I can't continue like this." She muttered to herself. She promised Kibum with all her might that she would do everything she can, until she can, to make Jaejoong realize that she existed. That's right. That's what she needs to do...and fast! Before things get uglier than they are right now. She didn't think that Jaejoong's doings towards her would stop her from treating him any better. Besides, everybody deserves a second chance, right?

Heaving a sigh of satisfaction upon finishing her diary entry for today, she decided to sleep. From all the things that happened , she was too tired to even change her clothes and more tired to get up and place her weak body on her mattress. Just for tonight, she's going to sleep on her desk, forgetting the happenings awhile ago but remembering that tomorrow is another day. 

<><><><><><><><><><><>

The sun shooting rays of heat, forcing her to wake up. She did. But shew grew frantic. 'Was I ?!'Whose bed is this? She exclaims in her head, only for her to hear. Then it clicked, this was the master's bedroom. Of course she wasn't familiar with this glorious bed, she didn't have the chance to stay over the night laying there. Still wondering how she ended up there when the bathroom door opened revealing...

"O-oh, you're awake." Jaejoong said, clad with only a towel hanging dangerously low on his hips. Eunhee looked away, flustered. It was then that Jaejoong spoke again, now buttoning his dress shirt, getting ready for work. He noticed Eunhee standing by the door.

"Y-you must be wondering why you ended up here. Well, I saw you sleeping on your desk. And uh...Appa knew about you sleeping in the guest room and demanded me to let you sleep here. So...starting now..." He said as he rubbed the back of his head. 

"U-uh, ne." She said. The idea still didn't fully sink in. However, that's the only response she thought. 

Not waiting for her spouse's answer, she walked calmly to the door and went out as quietly as possible. I could've been fooled too. As soon as she got out, she went to the nearest bathroom and locked herself in. 

Different thoughts running on her mind, she decided to shower and prepare for the day. 'Was this a good or a bad thing? Is he going to ask for a divorce already? No freaking way.' Getting a towel and making sure Jaejoong was out of their room, she made her way in their walk-in-closet and dolled herself up for today. 

She went down and was surprised to find no one but Jaejoong waiting for her in the dining room. 

"I sent the maids for a break. They're going to be away for a month or so, in case you're wondering." Jaejoong said as he ate a bacon strip. 

"I understand." She answered plainly, not wanting to annoy him with her questions since she knew one wrong move, and it will be over between him and her.

As always, they ate in utmost silence. Not one of them wanting to destroy the peaceful atmospere, or at least, no one dared to do so. 

"Hurry up. You're going to the company with me." Jaejoong said oh-so-nonchalantly. Perhaps for him it was nothing. But for the woman in front if him, this was more than she can imagine. 'This is easier than I thought.' she thought.

The younger one can only nod, not bothering to ask why. He's in a good mood. Well not exactly good, but far away from mad. This is enough, as of now. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

JERK JAEJOONG'S POV

I don't know what to believe in, my parents' or my own intuition? I knew from my calculations that following my parents' wish, would far be more beneficial than any ideas out there. But mine was the easiest. 

Eunhee...She's this girl. A very nice, warm girl. Just seeing her smile, makes you warm too! She can cook...and bake too! She always surprises me with different kinds of pastry that it can hardly be called a surprise when she shows me one. She was kind to our maids. She stooped low and befriended them. She's very independent, eco-friendly and a very responsible lass. What was it that I wanted? She was my ideal type of a wife. But should I really let Seohyun go just because of that?

The moment I saw her in my office, I was terrified. Cause only then did I realize, the things she was doing. Even some of her features. She was like Seohyun. 

Seohyun used to cook for me and visit my office too. The things Eunhee do, they scare me. They make me remember Seo and make me shiver like a terrified puppy. 

When I saw Eunhee cry, there was this instinct. I don't know, brotherly instincts perhaps? I had the urge to hug her, exactly like the one I felt when I saw her walking down the aisle on our wedding day. But no! How can I approach her when I was the one who caused her this much pain? 

I was embarrassed, and I wasn't prepared to be, just for a girl. I'm Kim Jaejoong, the prince of the business industry. I can't be like this. But then again, the things I did, the decisions I made, they were unforgivable. 

Though I refuse to replace Seohyun in my heart, there is this one thing that I realized. It wasn't poor Eunhee's fault this is happening to me. I was too scared...too was scared that she will replace Seohyun in my heart. If she continues doing this I-I....

But I can't tell her my exact thoughts. I'm a man. I'm Kim Jaejoong. Pride. I have to keep it with me. I shall tell her nothing about this and act as if nothing happened. 

“Pride is the mask we make of our faults”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Here. 

Fact: I'm fat.