Chapter 16 - A Day with the Almighty

It's You

“M-mwo?!” Eunhee shouted while searching for Kibum’s eyes. When silence met her question, she could only chuckle nervously.

 “A-aaniyooo! Besides, isn’t it too early to say that I LOVE him already? Seriously, Kim Ki Bum, you’re being ridiculous.” Eunhee said, shaking her head nervously at her friend who’s currently fixing his hair.

Kibum could only sigh at Eunhee. “Fine.” He looked at her. “What do I expect from a lady like you?”

“YA! What’s that supposed to mean?” Eunhee said as she watched her friend walking around his house.

“Whatever. Prepare yourself. We’re going out.” Kibum said as he put his jacket on. He stopped when he was about to zipper it and said, “And you better tell me EVERYTHING. About how you feel when he’s around you, what you’re going to do to make him fall in love with you…EVERYTHING!”

Eunhee could only sigh in defeat. Besides, no one fights with Kim Kibum and gets away with it. If she doesn’t want to be deaf, then she better just go with his plan.

 

They were walking around Hongdae talking about all things imaginable when Kibum asked her the question she herself doesn’t know the answer to,

“So, do you like him?” Kibum asked, hands on his pocket, looking around for things to eat.

“Who?” Eunhee casually looked away, refusing to answer his question.

Kibum sighed. “Don’t play dumb with me, Shin Eunhee.”

“Well…” She fidgeted. “I don’t know. It’s just that, I feel nervous being around him. I don’t really know!”

“Don’t frustrate yourself, honey.” Kibum said as he put his arm around Eunhee’s shoulder. “Come. Let’s eat while we talk about your love issue.” He said while gesturing her to a tteokbokki stall.

 

Kibum ordered a plate of tteokbokki for the two of them. They sat at a table near the counter. Kibum got a piece of tteokbokki, blew it to make sure it’s not too hot and fed the younger girl.

Others might think that it was so sweet of Kibum to do so. Which really, it is such a sweet thing to do. However, for the two of them, it was a normal treatment since Kibum is like an older brother to her already.

“Oppa, I don’t know what to do anymore. I did my best trying to persuade him to give our marriage a chance. However…I just don’t know if I can still continue this.”

“Don’t tell me you’re giving up easily, Eunhee-ah?” Kibum said as he took a bite. “If you really want to learn to love him, give him your all.”

“I’ll…I’ll try my best, oppa!” Eunhee said and ate a piece of tteokbokki.

“That’s my Eunhee.” Kibum said and ruffled her hair.

 

Kibum paid the ahjumma and they went out to look for interesting things to do…or eat.

“Oppa, I want ice cream.” Eunhee suddenly said as she looked at him. “Last one to get there pays!” She said then ran for dear life.

“Y-ya! Aish this girl! Just finished eating then eating again.” He replied while looking at the running girl in front of him.  

 

“I won! I won! Merooooonnngg~!” Eunhee said while sticking her tongue out!

“Yeah Yeah.” Kibum said nonchalantly.

“Now go get my ice cream. Strawberry, my favorite!”

“I know I know.” Kibum said as he waits for his turn to order.

Eunhee can’t hide her excitement. Ice cream was one of her most favorite food. We can surely tell that she is indeed an ice cream monster, not that it shows on her figure though.

“Ice creammmmm. Yummm.” Eunhee said as she her ice cream cone.

Kibum could only look at her happily, ‘Glad I made you happy. Your husband’s a jerk.’ He forgot he had another question he wants to ask her, “Oh by the way, how’s my Hayoung?”

“YOUR Hayoung?” Eunhee said as she raised a brow. “Seems like our Key still has the most terrific crush on our Hayoung.”

“YA! Hayoung gave me that nickname! And…she’s the only one who can use it.” He said while looking down then smiling cheekily.

“Aigoo. Aigoo! I’m here, alive and well and you are looking for someone more than 1500 kilometers away from you?” Eunhee said and bit her cone.

“Eunhee, you are married and…and…and you’re not my type!” Kibum said defensively

“Whatevvveerr~! Kibum and Hayoung sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” She teased.

“Grrrrrrrrrrr.” Kibum left her.

“Y-ya! Oppa, I was just joking! Ya! Wait for me!” She said as she was looking for him. "Mianhe." She said as she caught him by the arm. 

"Ne. I can't resist you now, can I?" Kibum said as they laughed heartily.

They were so happy, happier than ever, being with each other's presence once again. Unbeknownst to them, someone might' have seen this small encounter. Really, they should enjoy the peace while it lasts. *evil smug*


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Here an update. I have nothing more to say. Wait, I do and I hope I won't disappoint you. 

It's already May and June is the month here in our country where in we start another school year. I need to go to tutorial sessions. (I IN MATH) But that doesn't mean I will completely stop from updating. And besides, I lost inspiration for this fic. Sooo. comments help me update faster. :3 

Fact #4: I rarely read fics wherein the ages of the characters are no the same as their age in real life. :3