Chapter 3 - Weird

It's You

After Eunhee delivered the bagels to her father, she immediately went to the bake shop to help her mother.  We can say that it truly was another great day for EunHee since they got a deal with a bride-to-be to make their wedding cake. But then again, it was always a great day for EunHee. If it isn't great then for her, it was the Almighty God's Plan, so be it. Everything's going fully well in her life. She's a culinary graduate. Her mom's an owner of a famous bake shop. Her father is the Chairman of a company that has hotels throughout Korea. She can never wish for a greater life. Her parents are not also, well, she need not be shy, rich, they are also capable of giving their daughter the love that she rightfully deserved. 

You might think that she has this "chaebol daughter sickness". But no! She's not like those girls you see in dramas that wear branded clothes, has cars, has bodyguards and has different types of jewelries. Indeed, Mr. and Mrs. Shin did a very good job for EunHee's upbringing. 

But then, she somehow feels lonely. Being a 20 year old successful woman, she hasn't even had her first kiss yet because yes, you got it right, she hasn't had a boyfriend yet. It's not as if she was ugly. There were numerous men who tried to hitch a date with her. It's just that, it's either she found their attitudes unattractive or they want to date her just because she was a chaebol, that's why it's a big NO NO for her. When can she find a proper man? A chaebol son? Tsk. Those with "chaebol son sickness" and tends to order people around? She could only sigh thinking that maybe, just maybe, she will die of age, rotten and perhaps, forgotten. 

EunHee's trail of thoughts was disrupted when her mother asked, no, scratch that, forced her to finish her shift and go home, relax and dress properly later. She didn't really have a chance to ask since the older woman is practically shoving her out of their shop. 

Something's off here. It's Friday today and she practically said awhile ago that many customers will be here today. Why do I need to go home? That's weird. 

 

Alas, the interview with Mr. Park was done. The young CEO still has tons of things to do. But thinking that he's done with the interview with that man is still a relief for him. Well, why not? That Mr. Park is so nosy. He can truly understand that being a columnist, it was Mr. Park's duty to stick off their nose into other people's life deliver news to the people of Korea. But did he really need to ask who washes the underwear of the almighty Kim Jaejoong? 

But then it strike his mind, his father asked him to finish reviewing the documents at once and go home earlier than usual. He could only snort to the situation. He so badly wants to scream "What old man, another blind date?" But he remembered that he was still in his office and it would be best if he held his composure if he doesn't want to destroy the cold facade he so badly put up in front of his employees.

Oh no, don't get him wrong. He doesn't have anything against blind dates. It's just that the girls his father chose, we're the worst kind of women. For him, anyways. There were a few women that he really really found attractive, but then, their attitudes are a bit off. One of the girls had bad breath. How did he know? Well, if not for the girl jumping on his lap and practically the poor man's lips, then he wouldn't know. And of course, he couldn't afford to date already. Even though it had already been three years, he couldn't forget about her. Their memories together still lingered his mind. Her touch, her scent, her- - -

Before he can get any further with his daydreaming, he was distracted by his phone's ringing signaling that someone messaged him. He was more than surprised when he found out that it was his father who messaged him.It was about going home early and dressing appropriately for they will meet some colleagues of his. What's more surprising is his father's currently holding a meeting with the foreign shareholders. That's a bit odd, is the event that urgent for his father to sneak out of the meeting and message him? One word. Weird.