Chapter 5 - Shock

It's You

Shock. They were both shocked. Well who wouldn't be anyway? The announcement made by Mr. Shin blew off their sanity. 

EunHee stared at her parents with hanging wide. "Uh, Mr. Shin? I think I misheard what you've just said?" Jaejoong asked, hoping that this would save him from a scandal that may arise.  

"No, son. You heard it right. You're going to marry EunHee. Besides, aren't you of age already? Another thing, this would be good for our company" Mr. Kim said. 

"You're kidding right?" He could only chuckle nervously. "Is this some kind of a hidden camera set by that Mr. Park? Yah, Mr. Park come out. You're busted now!" He continued. 

"Dear, no. And, heaven forgive me, but who the hell is that Mr. Park?" His mother said, disappointed at her son's sudden outburst. 

"Jaejoong, we'll talk about that Mr. Park later. But now, you've got to understand that you are getting married." His father said.

The Shin couple could only smile at the Kim family's cute interaction. They thought that anyone who would've seen the scene would've found it cute. 

Everyone turned their direction to EunHee who shyly raised her right hand to ask permission to speak and to stop the tension between Big Kim and Little Kim. 

"Uhmmm? Is there another way we can help your company get public attention besides us getting married?" Eunhee asked pointing her hand repeatedly between her and Jaejoong.

"She's right. I mean, as what I've known, we can merge the two companies without us getting involved in an *ehem* commitment." Jaejoong awkwardly said. 

"Hmmmm. No use explaining." His father shaked his head then proceeded to munching on his steak. 

"With all due respect, I don't want to marry your daughter." Jaejoong said bluntly to the Shin couple. "Oh no, don't get me wrong. Yunnie - - -" He said but was interrupted. "EunHee" Mrs. Shin corrected. "Erm, EunHee is a lovely girl." He continued, gesturing to the mentioned girl.  "Believe me. However, I don't really think marrying is an option for me." He said hoping, no, praying desperately that they would understand his point. 

"You do as I say, Kim Jaejoong!" His father raised his voice at him making the youngest Shin shiver in fear. Mrs. Kim could only calm her husband by patting him. Remorsed and defeated from what he did, Jaejoong hung his head low. 

Mr. Shin cleared his throat then asked everyone to set aside the issue first and just enjoy their meal in silence. But not too long after, 

"Jaejoong-ssi, I have been thinking about your proposal earlier about the merging of our companies without the use of marriage. However, what will we tell the media about your refusal to marry my daughter?" Mr. Shin curiously asked. 

EunHee was shocked by her appa's statement. Gathering all her strength, she asked, "Appa, what do you mean? What about the media?" 

"Did you just announce this publicly without asking us first?" Jaejoong had mixed emotions about the issue. He feels so betrayed by his parents and exasperated for it seems like EunHee is not making a good move in convincing her dad that marriage is not what they need.

"Yes, son. And you are to be married at once. Preferably a month from now." His dad said with finality and determination from his voice making the younger Kim speechless. 

After their dinner, they all decided to make it a day. Leaving EunHee and Jaejoong defeated.


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guyyyyssss. I'm back. This chapter is dedicated to all my loving subscribers who waited patiently. Kekeke. Sorry for those asking for a longer chapter since I'm not really comfortable writing those. Maybe because it's my VERY FIRST time writing something that I had a great courage enough to share? Erm, yeah. But I'll really try to write longer chapters once I'm starting to write through the character's point of view. So, yeah, as you can see, I'm trying to try all sorts of writing style. So, please be free to comment how you feel about it. KEKE. Have a good day!