Chapter 14 - Husband's Workplace

It's You

 

Visiting one’s husband may be or may not be a hobby for a wife. To others, it is a responsibility for they should take care of their husbands. Some go there purposely just to see whether their husbands are faithful or not, to see if they really are working or just playing around with their etaries. For those wives who are lucky enough to have God by their side, they go there well, to work. But for Mrs. Shin Kyung Hee who doesn’t have interest in business or whatsoever, she rarely visits her husband. And if she does, it’s either very important or hell really is breaking loose, if you know what that means. However, Mr. Shin Lee Eun doesn’t really feel lonely for his daughter Eunhee always go there just in time for lunch. Of course there are times where in EunHee doesn’t show up, she is, after all a 20 year-old single adventurous woman, before that is.

But then again, one does not simply put a Shin EunHee sitting on a secluded area the almighty Kim Jaejoong calls home. As I’ve said, she’s an adventurous fellow, always looking for a place to go or a thing to do. In fact, it was once her dream before getting married, to travel all around the world, tasting every country’s cuisine, unraveling the secrets behind each food’s delight. Though it would’ve been better to go there with a love one, specifically a husband, she had to understand her husband’s situation.

Understanding. I myself don’t call it understanding. It’s already beyond that point. The point where in, she always wait for him in the evening so that they could have their dinner, only for her to fall face first in the dining table, falling asleep. It can either be advantageous or disadvantageous. Advantageous because she doesn’t need to go down to have breakfast. Disadvantageous, because, well, it leaves her with a broken, scratched heart.

 If before, Jaejoong made it a point to always have a meal or two with EunHee, now he rarely even goes home. ‘It’s okay. Every married couple, experiences ups and downs’ she deeply engraved in her mind.

‘Author-nim, what happened to the one week Jaejoong oh so happily told Eunhee making the poor dumb girl hopeful?’ You ask me? I don’t know too! In fact, no one really knows. Not even his wife, EunHee, the poor little girl he calls wife. The same poor little girl who he always left in his mansion alone and gloomy, more even deprived of love she rightfully deserves from everyone, especially from him. ‘It’s okay. I understand’. Wife,he calls Eunhee his wife.

Wife. It’s so funny a businessman, specifically one whose company is on top, mistakes the usage of this word. According to the Webster’s Universal English Dictionary, a wife is a married woman. Okay. Maybe he is right after all. Eunhee is a married woman. However, any man, rich or poor, married or not, old or young, working or not and any varieties out there, would gladly take a caring wife by his side and cherish her today, tomorrow or perhaps forever. Marriage can also be an option.

Marriage is a union between a man and woman through a legal contract which results to them being husband and wife. It may either be civil or religious. Whatever that is, it is usually done with a series of events that almost all the married couples in the world went through. Here comes courting, falling deeply in love, engagement party, preparations, bachelor/ bachelorette party, then marriage, wedding reception and finally there’s honeymoon. The JaeHee couple only underwent marriage and wedding reception. Their parents seem to forget that the first 5 steps are all essential for a close relationship. This makes their relationship even weirder, the husband ‘forgot’ about the honeymoon.

Honeymoon. A honeymoon is a vacation spent by a newlywed couple. Of course, it’s not always right after the marriage that this occur, sometimes, somehow, problems come between couples for they to have it a little late than usual.

Problems?! What problems can possibly inflict this couple that until now they are not having the vacation of their lives, dancing with the dancers in the beach, or perhaps having their erm *coughpassionatenightscough* together?! For God’s sake, it’s already their 5th month together and yet there are still no speaks of honeymoon.

Everyone, I, my readers, my younger sister who keeps reading my updates while I type them and even the media wonders why the hell are these two taking too long to have their honeymoon. At this time, their parents can’t really get a hold of it since EunHee doesn’t really seem bothered. Or that’s what they thought.

This also affects EunHee, media running after her while she’s on her way to her bake shop or the kindergarten school she currently teaches art at. But of course, the phrase ‘No comment’ wasn’t made for nothing.

 

3:45 a.m. Of course Jaejoong still isn’t around. But this time is a first; he hasn’t come home since two days ago Eunhee sighed and threw the stew and fried rice she cooked in the trash bin. Taking a deep breath, she prepared for bed and decided, “Tomorrow I’m going to visit you, Kim Jaejoong.”

 

Eunhee wore a pink flannel dress that goes down just one inch above her knee, a white blazer to go along with her pink dress and a wedge Hayoung brought her from the Philippines. She also wore a jewelry set of pearl necklace, earrings, and bracelet and of course, their wedding ring. She also put her hair in a braid and gave her lips and cheeks a slight touch of red. Feeling contented with how she looks, she strode her way down the stairs and straight to the limousine with the chauffeur waiting for her.

“Prepared for today, aren’t we, Miss EunHee?” the friendly chauffeur asked. EunHee could only laugh heartily and smile at the friendly chauffeur.

She was really prepared for this day since she contemplated on the idea long ago but only gained the courage now. By the way she looked like; it seems as if she’s going to meet some state director or something. She cared for herself more and more. That’s what love does to someone.

Nervous, EunHee walked inside only to be greeted by the startled employees. Everyone gave her a 90-degree-bow. Some whispered, some gaped at the young miss’ beauty but most of them gave a smile for the humble way she made her entrance.

Walking slowly towards Jaejoong’s office, she grew more nervous than ever. Maybe she was too nervous that she didn’t notice the presence of a tall, sleek man in front of her, making her bump into him. By the man’s physique, it doesn’t take a genius that EunHee fell on her bum.

“Ooo-Oh, Mianhe” EunHee muttered, face evident of pain while rubbing her leg.

“Aniyo, it should be me who --- Sister-in-law?” Shim Changmin asked, curious as to why the young lady was here.

“Eh?” EunHee, now on her feet, asked him.

“You’re Kim EunHee right?”

“N-ne. Waeyo?”

“I’m Shim Changmin, Jaejoong hyung’s friend. It must be your first time here, no?” EunHee could only smile sheepishly. Changmin laughed.

“It’s obvious since you’re going straight to my office.” Changmin pointed at the door EunHee’s planning to go to.

“Anyways, I’m going to give a document to him. I think I should accompany you to his office.”

EunHee gladly accepted his offer. On their way to her husband’s office, Changmin decided to buy her a cup of coffee.

“So why are you here? Not that it’s a bad thing though.” Changmin asked, towering over the petite woman. Eunhee only reached his chest.

“Um, I’m going to bring this meal to my husband.” Eunhee said, gesturing to the lunch box she brought together with the box of strawberry cheesecake she baked.

They talked about a lot of things making the tall man happy for his hyung. Why wouldn’t he? His hyung has a woman beside him, a caring woman at that, and very humorous too!

 

 

When they reached Jaejoong’s office, boy was he shocked!

“W-why are you here?” He stuttered.

“I-I’m going to give you this lu---.”

“Did I ask you to? You should’ve at least informed me that you’re going to come.”

“I think that would dis—“

“And what the hell were you thinking coming here wearing that garbage?”

EunHee was shocked with Jaejoong’s attitude. Was he really bipolar? What triggered her emotions the most was that she prepared damn well for this event and all of it would come to waste. Feeling very sad, EunHee got out of his office without a goodbye.

Her tears finally escaped her eye. With her tears clogging her vision, she bumped to someone, again.

“Oh, you sure do like bumping into me, no?” Changmin asked. Eunhee smiled bitterly at him. Being a caring gentleman, Changmin asked him why she was crying.

“Jaejoong hyung didn’t accept the food? Don’t worry, that’s not going to the trash bin. Give me that.” Changmin said. Well, what else would you hear from the food monster? Eunhee gave him the food she cooked and ran straight to hail a cab, leaving the monster Shim dazed.

‘I need someone I can rant my problems to. Anyone, just someone.’ She cried. And there she is on her way to the arms of a man who’s not her husband.



 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Heyyyy! Sorry for not updating. LI feel so sad. L

Here, a chapter longer than usual. Sorry if it’s too boring though. I’m not really used to writing this kind of chapter. LAnd I’m sorry if I disappoint you too much.

Fact #2 – My older brother who is possibly greater than me in all aspects possible, told me that my grammar and my writing style is comparable to garbage. He also hates the fact that I’m the one speaking in the narrations/third person pov of my story. *sigh* so sad, right?

And again, sorry for these super boring chap. And oh, check out my darn great poster. ^