Chapter 19 - Caught

It's You

 

She spent the night crying. She let it all out by herself. For a 20 year old girl, inexperienced and naïve, this was too much than what she can handle.

Where is he now? She doesn’t know. How long had he been outside? She didn’t notice. How many times had he been doing this to her, spending the night at other’s house? She lost count. She went to sleep, still crying, worrying for her distraught husband who was nowhere near their mansion.

 

She awoke, the sun and the heavens, joined force, waking her up. ‘It is another day, a Saturday. I have to go to the bakery, smile and forget everything that has happened yesterday.’

She went to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror: A selfless woman with red eyes, from crying. She was known as the bubbly Eunhee who would bring up the mood if needed. She was a woman that looked only on the bright side. Love what have you done to her?

Sighing, plastering a forced smile on her face, she got ready. She wore a nice sleeved dress and put her hair in a ponytail.

She went down the stairs hoping to find Mrs. Song, and she did. She did find her…With her parents-in-law. The moment she saw them, she retreated at once back upstairs. Luckily they didn’t see her. ‘What if they are going to scold me about what happened yesterday? I can explain! But what if they don’t believe me and just shout at me like Jaejoong?’

She paced back and forth. Finally, gathering all the strength she has in her fragile petite body, she finally went down again.

“Oh, Eunhee. Good Morning. How was your sleep?” Mrs. Kim, the forever alive woman gestured for her to sit on the couch opposite theirs.

“It was fine. Uhm, did you have your breakfast already?”

“No and I’m hungry!” Mr. Kim did an aegyo. Luckily it wasn’t a failed one.

Eunhee laughed, a thing she missed doing. “Ne, I’ll prepare your breakfast with Mrs. Song.”

“Aigoo, this old man.” Mrs. Kim bonked her husband’s head.

“Kwaenchanayo, Omma.” She said as she showed the couple their dining room. “Omma, Appa wait here I’m just going to prepare your breakfast.”

“Ne, take your time, dear.” Mrs. Kim said.

“But better be fast, I’m hungry.” Mr. Kim said watching Eunhee as she disappeared in their kitchen. Mrs. Kim glared at her man, preparing to bonk him again

The older Kim couple surely adored their daughter-in-law, and Eunhee knew that they loved her so much. ‘How I wish Jaejoong could love me as much as how his parents love me.’

She greeted Mrs. Song with a smile, oblivious that the older lady knew about the hullabaloo that happened last night.

She glided through the kitchen, preparing a hearty breakfast for her parents-in-law, still keeping the smile on her face.

“Mrs. Song, I’m going to cook some for you too, you all worked hard.” She smiled at the older woman and continued the chore at hand.

‘Jaejoong, what’s wrong with you, dear? She’s your ideal woman. Why are you shoving away an adorable girl who obviously loves you? What happened to you?’

“Here, have a break Mrs. Song.” She said as she went to put the dishes she cooked on the dining table, where her parents-in-law are waiting.

“Finally!” Mr. Kim said as he indulged in his daughter in law’s cooking.

“Wow. The aroma’s so nice, dear.” She looked at Eunhee and tried tasting her cooking. “We chose the right one for our son, jagiya.”

‘I hope Jaejoong would realize that too, omma.’

“Thank you.” She said as she bowed.

“Why are just staring, sweetie?” Mr. Kim asked as he noticed Eunhee. “Come and eat with us.”

“Ah, ne.” She answered as she rubbed the back of her head. She looked at the couple in front of her, feeding each other. They sure loved one another. She heaved a sigh. ‘When can Jaejoong and I be like this?’ Setting all thoughts aside, she decided to eat peacefully.

“I just noticed dear, where is Jaejoong? I haven’t seen him since we went here.” Mr. Kim said as his wandered around in hopes to see his son.

“H-he went to get a document he left at the office.” She looked down, escaping the stares she was getting.

“Oh. I see. Also, you came from the West Wing of the mansion while the Master Bedroom is at the East. Are you not sharing a bedroom with him?”

“I-I----“

The front door opened revealing a drunken Jaejoong.

All 3 pairs of eyes shot on the door. Soon enough, Jaejoong came tumbling inside the dining room, unaware of his parent’s presence.

“Ya! Are you happy now, huh?” He said drunkenly, grabbing Eunhee’s arm. His parents quickly stood up and separated the two of them.

“Eunhee dear, I see you’re dressed casually. You’re planning to visit your bakery right? Go. Go now.” Mrs. Kim said, shoving the younger girl outside the front porch later muttering a ‘we will just talk to him’

 

After he was groomed by the maids and was forcefully made to eat his hangover soup, his parents came to his or their bedroom to talk to him.

“I talked to one of the maids and they told me Eunhee is not sleeping here.

“She was the one w-“

“But you’re a man, Kim Jaejoong! I thought you are better than this!” His father shouted. Mrs. Kim could only pat his back to calm him down.

“I’m just giving her what she wanted!” Jaejoong retorted as he stood up.

“You dare answer back?!”

“Ne! Because of her, my name was tainted. I worked so hard to keep my name clean!”

“Really, Kim Jaejoong? You think I didn’t read a copy of that newspaper? It was obvious from the photos that the guy was just her friend!”

“That’s what we know. That is the truth. But what about the people out there thinking of me as a bad husband? Making my woman go around acting lovey-dovey with another man?”

“And you think it’s her fault? Eunhee…She’s a wonderful girl. I don’t know if you have a 20/20 vision. No wonder she looks broken a while ago.”

With that, his parents left him alone, thinking. ‘What if my parents were right?’

This time, Kim Jaejoong was the one who was caught. Not by the media, but by his parents.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Here, my second update. I hope you enjoy this.

Fact #7: I don't love SNSD. But I don't hate them either. I just think they are a little too overrated.