Chapter 6 - No Can Do

It's You

So here I am, trying to write through the characaters's Point of View. I hope you don't find it ish. =P Kekeke. Anyways, here's my update. Hope you like it! 

EunHee's POV

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I don't know how to react to this, I mean, I'm going to marry someone I knew just a few hours ago? Like ohmygod. Mom and Dad must go nuts to think of that kind of idea. Sure, that Heeboong? Was it Heeboong? I think so? Well, I'm not going to lie here. He's sort of ummm, cute? The way he smiled at me, it was like a paradise in heaven. Wait, that sounds so redundant. 

I decided to take a long cold shower hoping that that would help me forget even for a mean time the explosive information I learned few hours ago. 

 

Okaaaaay, so I guess taking a shower was quite futile. Can't they really just cancel this marriage? I mean, I haven't even had my first boyfriend yet, and they expect me to get married? I'm an average person too! I may seem easy-going but trust me, cause I know myself better than you do! I also want to experience the beauty of falling in love. The preciousness of having your first kiss, first date and everything that has to do with firsts. First s - -... 

Wait what?! I actually had the nerve to joke at this time of my life? 

1:23. Seriously. I can't sleep because of this arranged marriage thingy that my parents voluntarily involved me with. I read books, I updated my blog about baking, I even invented a new recipe for this cake. See? I tried to do everything to keep my nerves down cause I know any minute now, I will breakdown. And you see, a crying me isn't really such a sight to see. Want a picture of me? Nah. Just imagine a three year old girl deprived of candies. 

What to do. What to do. What to do. I need someone I can rant my problems to and would gladly listen to me. Mom and Dad are not options since my ranting would obviously fall down on deaf ears and I don't really think I can talk to them after what they've announced earlier. But since I have no friends in Kor- - -. Wait, even though I don't have a friend here. I have a friend who's currently residing in the Philippines! That girl, she would be so bummed if she knew that I forgot about her. Operation Call Hayoung, start. 

Not minding the time, I started to call Hayoungie. Pick up. Pick up, Pick up. Then after what seemed like a million years,

"Sinong nasa matino niyang pag-iisip ang tatawag sa'kin ng Alas-dose ng madaling-araw?(Who in their right mind would call me at twelve midnight?)" I heard Hayoung said. After hearing her voice, even though I didn't really understand what she said, I started to cry, really hard. 

"Hayoung, I don't know what to do anymore. Mom and Dad are selling me off!" 

"Oh, Unnie" She groggily said. "You knew it just now? It was in the news like what? Three days ago? I was actually going to talk to you about it before you rudely interrupted me with your poor imitation of a phone losing its signal which obviously, I noticed." 

"That's not even the point here! I'm still young! I wanna experience love. I don't wanna get married just for business you know?" I started to cry really really hard. 

Being the good friend that she was, she consoled me. We talked about my worries and of course, even a little bit, I felt an ocean of relief take over me. You might think that Hayoung is just a kid of 16 years old and therefore, she's still immature. But really, she's quite experienced for her age. And erm, well, her looks too are quite matured. "A middle school 3rd year noona with a slightly old looking face" she often called herself.

After my phone call with Hayoung, I decided to prepare for bed. While preparing I remembered her words, "Sinong nasa matino niyang pag-iisip ang tatawag sa'kin ng Alas-dose ng madaling-araw?" Keke. She must have missed me so much to speak in that kind of voice. 

 

Thinking that her best friend missed her, she slept with a smile on her face. Temporary forgetting that in a month, she will be married. 

 

JAEJOONG'S POV

I seriously don't know what's up with my parents. The company's doing well even without the help of the Shin Corporations. Is my life a drama? Sure, I find her attractive. But she's not really my type. She's quiet, shy and well, innocent in my perspective. I don't know. Wait a minute, what if she's one of those girls? Those girls who are always gawking at me with wide eyes? Those girls that swoon over my hotness? Those girls that would do pretty much everything to get to my pants? But, why will she not? I'm hot. That's a fact. *Insert arrogant smirk here* 

My head hurts thinking of a way to get away from this arranged marriage. Should I run away? Stay for the mean time with my friends until the wedding's date ends? Nope, not an option. My parents would surely find me. Ugh. It's either marriage or I could say byebye to my company. Another Ugh. What will I do?! 

I went to my study to finish reviewing documents however, I get really distracted! I slammed the folder down and screamed, Lucky. I was lucky Mom and Dad were at the end part of our mansion making it impossible to hear my scream. 

I can only sigh at this point. I want to get married out of love. Not for business. Even though I admit, that for some time now, I have been married to my work already. Keke. I have to laugh at that witty statement of mine. Besides, I still love her. A part of me despises her for leaving me when I needed her the most. However, this big part of me. This awfully big part of me, is still longing, hoping to be within her almighty presence once again. But seriously, I want to experience love. I wanna forget about her. Ew. I sound like a girl. 

What do I hear you saying? I should talk to my parents about it? You think I still didn't? Heck, I think my ears are deaf now. Appa shouted at me. He took quite a time lecturing me on our way home. Saying how I embarassed him infront of his friend, how disrespectful of me to do so, and blah blah and more blah. After all his lecturing, I presented like, 30 ideas? 30 ideas of how our company can get public attention without having to get the Shin Corporations' help. I also stated the pros and cons of marrying that EunHee girl, particularly stressing and exaggerating the negative effects of it. It was a nice presentation, I guess. Do you know what he answered to my hundred-thousand-word blabbing? Three words. No Can Do. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey everyone! How's your day? Keke. So you see, I tried writing a longer chapter than usual. Kekekeke. Soooo, what do you think of it? ish? Just plain? Boring? Exciting? Hahaha. Please comment what you feel! =)) 

Anyways, don't you think my main images are quite that of a plain jane? A poster would be nice! Who would like to make me a darn awesome poster? Kekekeke. =))