Chapter 11 - Thoughts of a Troubled Couple

It's You

JAEJOONG's POV

These past days were still a blur to me. I don't really know what I did. I don't even know how I looked like. I just did what my parents deemed to be the best for me. I still can't believe that I am now the husband of someone. It feels like a great responsibility for me.

The way she walked down the aisle holding her father's arm. She seems so fragile, so frantic. It's as if she would breakdown any minute now. Her father throwing her an assuring glance, any man who witnessed that scene would want to run to her and hug her tightly. I would've had too, if only she's not my wife-to-be. 

The way she looked like wearing that wedding dress. She looked...She looked no more less than an angel sent from above. But no! I can't and I won't see her that way! It's just that...It's just seems so dangerous. The way her eyes rounded when the priest asked me to kiss her, I would totally be lying if I said I was not amused by it. The feeling of my hand within her warm ones. It just feels so damn perfect. 

I feel so guilty for avoiding her gazes while we're on our way to the reception hall. When she tripped, I felt useless because my reflex was slower than that bodyguard. I saw her remorseful face when I refused to let her meet my friends. It's just that, I'm scared that they'll like her more than my Seohyun. 

I felt more guilt take over my body when I told her that she's oblivious. From the looks of it, it looks like she was crying. I was terribly appalled with myself. But really, she should know when or where to talk to me. By asking me a question, she just destroyed my perfect imagination of Seohyun. 

She totally looked like a child gazing at every corner of the house. Must've been amused. I stifled a laugh as I saw her run out of the room. Embarrassed. 'Cute'.

Seohyun cooks. In fact, she's a darn good cook. She cooks everyday for me. If I can't wait for her to wake up to cook my breakfast, she brings my dinner to my office. We usually go at the company's rooftop.

But then again, EunHee's a great cook too. Judging from the aroma of the food she cooked a while ago. But why can't I just like her? That's right, because she's not Seohyun. My Seohyun. 

The wedding, the reception and the house my parents bought for us as their wedding gift, it's perfect. Too perfect that I myself think if that is just a fragment of my imagination. If only Seohyun was my bride..

 

I drank another glass of wine. Nothing refreshes me than a glass of wine in times like this. I poured another glass of wine and drank it again. If I continue this, then I won't have to cry myself to sleep again. However, I'd have an epic hangover again tomorrow so I decided to quit it and just sleep. 

 

I opened the door to our room in hopes of seeing my bride, but to no avail. I looked at the room across ours and found the door slightly ajar. I went inside it and sure enough, my wife is there, sleeping like a baby. I have to laugh at her form, fetus position. I heaved a sigh. If only she was Seohyun. 

- - - END OF POV - - -                  

Fine Day. Sunny, but not too hot. The chirping birds appear in hopes to wake people up. Newspaper delivery girls/boys delivering today's newspaper to each and every house in the area. People walking down the sidewalk, getting to their work location. Students flooding the subways and bus stops to reach their school. Honking of cars can be heard to alert the pedestrian crossers. It was pretty much a normal day for everyone else. Well, with the exception of our favorite couple, that is. What are they doing? 

EUNHEE's POV

I woke up with the sun's rays hitting my face. In some dramas, when this happens to the female lead, she looks like a goddess. In my case, I don't really know how I looked like. Ugly or perhaps, nonsensical. But boy did it hurt! Note to self: Get thicker curtains. 

I figured it would be nicer this way. Without his parents bugging us, I can just sleep in the guest room rather than sharing a bed with that man. Or perhaps, sacrificing my back if I were to sleep on the couch. But, I won't transfer my clothes. If I did, our parents would be mad at us. He would be scolded because of me, and that's the last thing I would want to happen. After all, he didn't really ask me to stay here. I just really really feel awkward with him, that's all. 

I did my usual morning routine: Wash my face, brush my teeth and the like. I went out of my room to find people running, cleaning here and there. The moment they saw me, they bowed at once, making me nervous. I just smiled awkwardly in return. I went to the kitchen to cook our breakfast only to see a woman. I think she's in her 50's. She smiled at me and I smiled back. 

I helped her make our breakfast despite her rejecting my help. We talked about a lot of things. She revealed that she was Jaejoong's nanny since he was little. She told me a lot of things about him and some of them made me laugh. 

We set the table and put the food neatly on top of it. Jaejoong was quite surprised when he saw his long time nanny. I just smiled at their cute interaction. 

"Morning." Jaejoong muttered, wearing his clothes from last night. I wonder why he's not wearing his usual suit. 'Ah! It's Saturday today. Silly me.' I thought.

"Morning to you too!" I answered cheerfully. 

Despite my cheerful tone, in hopes of bringing up the mood, we just ate in silence. I ended up taking a shower and changed into casual clothes, 

I was writing a blog about my experience as a pastry chef. I was smiling from all the comments I read about my marriage. Jaejoong peeked his head on my door and completely came in. That's when I noticed that he took a bath also. Strange.

"EunHee-ssi, you're mom is downstairs. Remember to act, okay?" He asked me, quite nervous of the idea of my mom being here. 

He pulled me up and we walked down the stairs hand in hand. I don't know, it gave me a warm feeling. 

"EEEEEEE!" My mom squealed, standing up from the sofa. "You two look sooo goood!" She approved. Jaejoong looked at me and we smiled at her. We sat on the sofa across my mom's, Jaejoong's arms around me.

"Lookie here, I'm not going to stay long. I'm just here to ask you about your honeymoon."


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guyyyssss. This chapter is dedicated to my ever so wonderful subscribers.  Keke. I would like to ask you, what do you want as a couple name for these two? And where would you like to go on your honeymoon? =)) Kekekeke. =)) So as you see, Jaejoong feels slightly guilty too! Don't hate him! =)) Kekekeke. Don't you think my story is quite boring since it's so slow-paced? Tell me how youuu feel by commenting below! =))