Chapter 22 - First Step

It's You

Rushed chappie. Not feeling well. Somebody send me Jaejoong so I'll recover soon~

Eunhee was shocked with Jaejoong. She didn't know that it was this easy to be closer to him. However, it was evident that something was wrong. She couldn't point it out. But was sure there is. Whatever that is, she ought to set it aside first and enjoy the moment while it lasts. Besides, one just cannot predict when Jaejoong's attitude will change. 

She took her time thinking of these unspoken thoughts, that she didn't realize she was already sitting with Jaejoong on the car on their way to his company office. She sneaked a glance at him. 'Handsome.' She was awestruck. 'How can a man be this godly?' She asked herself, immediately putting a poker face. For the female population, looking desperate was the last thing on the list to show your loved one. 

She took a look in their position again. It was like on the day of their wedding. Except that today, Jaejoong looked...a little less distant? A small smile is even evident on his porcelain face. It was just a small smile, too tiny to conclude that he's happy. But was big enough to set fire on his girl's heart. She looked away, still having the fear of Jaejoong finding out her newfound hobby. 

She looked outside her window and saw the trees. She saw many types of them. She herself liked looking at the trees. Those green, large, lively creations by God. But she can't help but be jealous. 'What did Jaejoong see in them that when we are together, he stares at them like they are the most interesting things in the world?' Perhaps, she was duller and more boring than a tree. Such a pity. Looking at the road in front of her, she set aside her thoughts, being embarrassed about the idea of her getting jealous because of a tree. 

The trip was a long one. For Jaejoong, it might just be one of the many trips he had from home and office. But for Eunhee, who was sitting so rigidly, looking as if she was to be executed rather than going to her husband's office, this was the start.

However, no matter how much energy she put in herself, this trip was plain boring, no conversations were made, just plain sitting. She looked his way again, hoping to regain the energy she lost from this long, dull, plain and undoubtedly boring trip, She was shocked, flustered when his sight met hers. 

1. Lub dub. 2. Lub dub. 3. Lub dub. 4.Lub dub. 5. Lub dub. She looked away, perhaps frightened? She managed to stay away from those dark orbs and was quickly sent to pure bliss when she finally realized what happened. 'H-he, H-he, H-he looked a--'

"We're near the company building. Just to remind you, the media will be there. Let's put our act, ne?" He said as he sneaked a glance at her. The younger lass could only nod, no words coming out of . Then it happened, he smiled at her. Not a teensy weensy smile, but a big one, showing his perfect teeth. 

A blush crept up her face, though she tried to hide it, by the shade it had formed, it doesn't take a genius that Jaejoong had seen it. 

He thought that it was cute. He cleared his throat, feeling the tension in the atmosphere. He didn't know how to handle moments like this. Well, he only knew how to handle meetings...with businessman. What would we expect more from a business tycoon anyway?

Heaven is on his side and saved him right on the spot when he noticed they're already in front of his company building. He was right, the media was there, hoping to have a glance at the Kim couple. 

He went out of his door and rushed to Eunhee's door and opened hers. He slipped his hand within Eunhee's warm ones and walked like a boss through the door. Questions were threw at them like a bomb. "Jaejoong-ssi, are you alright with Eunhee's affair with another man?"  "Are you planning to sue Mr. Kim Ki Bum?" 

Tired and sick from hearing these questions everyday, he made a statement once and for all. "My dear wife Eunhee," he said as he glanced at her, "Isn't having an affair with anyone. Kim Kibum is a close friend of hers. So, I don't think I have to sue anyone for that matter." He seriously looked at them. "But I might sue you if you don't stop pestering and showing up here almost everyday." With that, he turned his heels, and with Eunhee, entered the office to be greeted by his employees. 

Inside the elevator, Jaejoong noticed her nervousness and a slight tear escaping her eye. He assured her with a slight squeeze to her hand. She looked quite perplexed by his actions but was quite relieved that someone was there to calm her beating heart down. 

"They're usually like this, especially in the morning. They will gradually leave. Don't worry." He said assuringly, looking at girl beside him. 

They went out of the elevator only to be greeted by more employees. They were now on Mr. Kim's office floor. Jaejoong decided to show off to his father that he was being a great son and was following his orders. To his dismay, his father's secretary informed them that he was currently having a meeting with the Board of Directors. 

Proud and confident, he was determined to show his wife to the Board of Directors, hoping...pleading that this would stop them from making any more rumors about a broken marriage. 

The process was unfamiliar to Eunhee and she deemed them as quite unnerving. She was not used to this kind of attention - overflowing. Claps and stares, she doesn't like it. She was always the one who kept distance from this king of events. They find them so social for her taste. She was a bubbly girl, yes. But was not that socially-inclined, especially with men of noble class. Although she fancies being with her husband, to her, his action - presenting her to the board of directors - was certainly uncalled for.

Jaejoong was granted a leave by his father, something Jaejoong surely didn't desire. But he can't surely oppose to it now! He had proven himself a lost son. And he's on his way to finding his father again. If following his orders is the way, then he'd surely take the path.

He decided to call for his friends: Junsu, Yoochun, Changmin and Yunho for lunch. He wanted them to finally meet his wife. Though he can't really fully acknowledge Eunhee as his wife now, it would be plain rude for her not to know his minions. 

"Junsu-ah, you free for lunch?" 

"Jaejoong hyung? Junsu asked, surprise to have received a call from his hyung who was quite distant these past months. 

"Who else?" He rolled his eyes, though it can't be seen by the receiver. 

"Lunch? Okay. Where? The usual?" Junsu asked, the idea finally sinking in.

"The usual. Call the others for me." He said, not waiting for a reply before finally hanging up.

"YAAAA! Aish~!" 

He turned to the woman looking through the picture frames lined on his table. 'How adorable~'

"Eunhee-ah, we're going out for lunch with the rest of the guys." He informed her. She was quite shocked. He addressed her informally. Jaejoong was shocked too with his words and he didn't take pleasure in making it obvious. 

"Jinja? With your friends?" She asked, eyes bulging out of their sockets. He just gave a smile in return.

"Ne. And oh, don't worry. They don't bite." He said, hoping to calm the girl's beating heart. 

He didn't know that whenever he spoke, that girl's heart always seem to fire up and her beats, falter. 

 

They got out of the company's backdoor, to the media's discontent. They made their way to Korean Palace, a luxurious restaurant known for its dishes. 

Eunhee was in awe when they arrived at their destination. The place was exquisite! It was no secret that only people of their rank and nobility were the ones who can afford to eat there. Sensing her discomfort, Jaejoong squeezed and held on her hand, a thing he was quite fond doing since early this morning.

"The guys are waiting. Kaja." He led her to a private room. And he was right, his friends are there already, oblivious of their presence, chatting their time away. 

They soon noticed the Kim couple making their way to their table. They stood up at once, greeting them. 

"A-anyeonghaseyo. Sh-Kim Eunhee-imnida." She bowed in returning, introducing herself. 

"Aigoo! Sister-in-law! Why are you so shy?" Junsu proceeded to hug her and pinch her cheeks. 

"Mianhe." Yoochun said as he took away Junsu from her. "He's always like this."

"A-aniyo. That's alright." She said, as Jaejoong led her to sit beside him. 

"Eunhee! Eunhee! Remember me? I was the one you bumped to! I got your food. Why did you ru-" Changmin said excitedly, pointing at himself. 

"Ne! Changmin oppa." She interrupted him, not wanting the older man continue what he was about to say?

Unbeknownst to her, 4 pairs of eyes are as round as the planet Jupiter as of the moment.

"Oppaaaa?!" Yoochun shrieked, amused at the maknae. "You should call me oppa too! I'm Yoochun, Yoochun Oppa." 

"A-aah. Ne, Yoochun Oppa." She said, eyes not meeting the others. 

"Wae! Wae! Call me oppa too!" Junsu said with his supersonic squeal.

"Araso, Junsu oppa." She said with a smile, somehow she felt in ease being with this man. He was like a dolphin!

All eyes turned to Yunho who was being unusually quiet. 

"A-a-annyeonhaseyo, Jung Yunho-imnida." He introduced himself. She just stared, speechless.

"Uhm, this is the part where you say 'Yunho Oppa?' " He asked her, making the others chuckle. 

"O-oh. Ne, Yunho...Oppa." She finally said. She isn't sure what is but it was really different when she called the dolphin and the casanova that word - oppa. She felt something warm. 

"YA YA YA! We're here to eat. This isn't an say-my-name-with-oppa marathon." Jaejoong exclaimed, annoyed. For some strange reason, it feels not right for her wife to call his friends oppa, when he himself isn't called by her that way. Well, it's not as if he made an effort for her to call him oppa anways.

"Aigoo. Someone's jellllllyyy. Eu Kyang Kyang!" Junsu exclaimed. They continued to tease the both of them until Jaejoong glared at them stopping their teasing. They had to follow or else it would be the death of them. 

They ate in joy, something Eunhee hasn't done in a while. Junsu and others always kept the conversation going, intending to know more about their sister-in-law. They threw countless questions, which Eunhee gladly answered and her husband...annoyed by his friends' antics. 

Though they don't want to part and just relax with their sister-in-law for a while, they can't. Work's being a and needs constant attention. 

Eunhee and Jaejoong were back in their car, on their way home, when...

"Oh yeah. I forgot to say. The reason I sent the maids on a break...We're going on our honeymoon."


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This wasn't rechecked. Sorry for spelling mistakes and other errors. And for the tardiness of this update too! Keke.

Fact #10 - I'm very blunt and plainspoken. LOL. My friends are constantly hurt by my words but they know how I roll. XD