Chapter 20 - It's You

It's You

Here, a rushed chappie. *O*

She didn’t know what happened back there. ‘They’re probably scolding him. Poor Jaejoong-ssi.’

She didn’t know what’s triggering her insides the most: the fact that his parents finally knew about his doings or that they were scolding him because of her.

She laughed bitterly. It’s because of her again. Until when will she really torture the people around her by the amount of burden she’s giving them? Wouldn’t it be better if she did everyone a favor, just go far, far away, never disappoint them with her presence again and just die?

 

She heaved a sigh, realizing that she’s in front of their bakery. The bakery she missed going to cause she was too wary and curious about her husband. Funny, isn’t it? Spending time and energy thinking about someone who’s mind you don’t cross even just for a second. Love, what have you done to her?

“Are you going to stand there forever and sigh endlessly, noona?” Taemin asked her, disrupting her thoughts and gesturing for her to come in.

Though not exactly, that line was awfully familiar to our Eunhee. ‘Butler Song! I shall visit him on my next free time!’ *line was said by Butler song back on Chapter 8.

“Taeminnie! Our dear Taemin grew so tall since the last time I saw him…and I miss him so much!” Eunhee said, finally entering the bakery and reaching over to pat the younger man’s head.

“Uhhhh, Noona? You were here last week.” He said, as-a-matter-of-factly.

She walked through the shop and cleaned the counter top. She missed doing this, not giving a dam about other things and just focus on cleaning.

“Ne, but I missed you still!” she said animatedly. “It seemed like forever!” she continued.

“Aniyooooo!” he whined cutely. “You’re just not used to it. I mean, being married and all, you had to always stay at home.’ He said as he served the customers their orders.

She just smiled in return. Just for today, she wanted to pretend that everything’s fine, that nothing was wrong with her life, though she knows that reality is being a right now and it’s actually the opposite.

“Taemin, strawberry cheesecake for table 5.” She said casually on the microphone, reminding him,

“Ne! Table 5, strawberry cheesecake for you!” He said as he made the way to table 5.

‘Strawberry cheesecake, Jaejoong’s favorite.’ How can she forget him even just for today when everything around her reminds her of him?

‘Eunhee, stop this. Focus…and focus more.’ She told herself for the nth time. It was past lunchtime and so the shop was free from customers as of now.

“Noona, what’s bothering you?” Taemin asked, propping his elbow on the countertop, looking at the older woman in front of him.

“O-Oh! Taemin.” She got out of her dazed state. “N-nothing! Just wondering where the Bongsun auntie and the others went.”

 

And as if on cue, loud laughs came from the baking area, revealing Bongsun with the rest of the crew…and a man, a man she was unaware of.

“Is this the reality you guys wanted?!” A man came barging inside the ordering area.

Eunhee was shocked. Who was this man wearing a summer dress? Is he a new em—

“He’s Kim Jonghyun, noona. He’s a new employee.”

“Oh. I didn’t know about him. Hehe.” She laughed sheepishly.

“That’s because you were too busy being a housewife!”

Before she can even retort to Taemin’s playful remark,

“Oh, Eunhee! I didn’t know you were here.” Bongsun said, shocked at her niece’s appearance.

“That’s because you were too busy fooling around at the back!” She said, hugging her chubby aunt.

“We were not! We were planning a different strategy to get people’s attention this summer!” Her aunt remarked.

“Yes, and then they saw me, and tada! And oh, Kim Jonghyun-imnida!” He said as he offered his hand for a hand shake.

Eunhee took his hand and shook it politely. “And who might this lovely lady be?” He continued, asking her flirtingly.

“She’s Shin Eunhee, Shin Sajangnim’s only daughter. And oh, she’s married!” Taemin answered for her.

“Omo~ Joseonghamnida. “ Jonghyun muttered accompanied by a 90-degree bow.

“That’s alright. It’s my fault I didn’t introduce myself in the first place. And, Taemin already told me about you” Eunhee said as she stopped the man from bowing any further.

“Taemin? This child told you about me?” Jonghyun said as he glared at the youngest worker, wondering what kind of things he told her about him.

“Yes.” She laughed heartily. “Mind telling me again about your fabulous look?”

The man looked at his self: His face smothered with make-up, wearing a girl’s wig and a tube summer dress.

“E-eh” He rubbed the back of his head. “Well, this is to get the attention of the customers.” He said as he glared at the other staff members only for him to receive chuckles from them.

“This is a conspiracy! Why are you still even here? Go out and give cookie samples!” Jay Park, one of the long-term employees of the shop playfully demanded.

“You were not joking?!” Jonghyun asked, stomping his feet.

“Trust me, they’re not.” Eunhee said, remembering this one time she experienced such treatment from them.

 

It was a tradition for the Sweet Confections during each of the seasons to put a show in front of their shop to get passerby’s attention. It was the winter season and they made Eunhee wear a short Santa tube dress and a Santa hat, which she dreaded. They also made her dance and sing to “Jingle Bells”. ‘Good times~Goooooood times.’

 

“Come, noona. Let’s see what Jonghyun hyung has in store for us.” Taemin urged her to come with them outside.

She smiled and went out with him. They had fun. Due to popular demand, Jonghyun was forced to sing “So Sick” by Ne-yo. She went and helped giving the people passing by a sample cookie. Some asked about the controversy she got herself into yesterday. She answered with, “He’s a long-time friend” and “Jaejoong knows him and he understood that I went with Kibum.”

She went in and decided to have her break first. She got a bagel and shared it with Taemin who just entered the shop, exhausted.

“Here, have some.” She handed Taemin one and the man gladly accepted. They were tired but they kept their conversation alive until,

“Aigoo, this Bongsun, making a commotion in f-“she told herself, but was cut short when she saw her daughter.

Eunhee can’t help but to sob hearing her mother’s voice. She hugged her at once, got the shopping bags she was holding and hugged her some more. Taemin knew better than to stay there. He decided to go outside and help with the giving of cookies.

“Dear, why are you crying? Aren’t you happy to see me?” Her mother asked, sitting down after the long hug session she had with her daughter.

Eunhee sat at the chair in front of her mom’s. She shook her head. “Aniyo! I just missed you.” She said, smiling despite of the tears threatening to fall again.

 

“You’re thinking about what happened yesterday?” She asked. Her daughter could only nod.

Bingo! She was right. The events that happened yesterday were still fresh in her mind. It was a small thing for her mother. But of course, not for her, she was a girl who was never exposed to the dirty works of the media.

“Cry, Eunhee. Then cry some more. Let it all out.” She said as she hugged her daughter.

No words were exchanged. Silence filled the air. Mrs. Shin knew that in times like this, Eunhee needed someone. Someone who can help her cry her heart out. She was the right person for this job, she knew. After an hour,

“Eunhee, you alright now?”

“Ne, umma. Gomawo.” She answered as she kissed her mother’s cheek. Surely, in times like this, a mother is very essential to keep yourself calm.

“Of course. Don’t worry about it. It will go away soon. Go now and you’ll be in time for your dinner. Remember to treat your husband well, araso?” She advised.

“Ne.” She answered plainly.

Mrs. Shin knew, just by the plain answer of her daughter that something was up. But she knew better than to stick her nose in the married couple’s problems.

Eunhee bid goodbye to all the crew members advising them to take care of Jonghyun more or else he will run away, making the mentioned guy blush. She hugged her mom for the last time and finally went home.

 

Eunhee entered their home just to find Jaejoong lurking around the living room watching “Rooftop Prince”. She decided to approach him.

“Jaejoong-ssi, did you have your dinner already?”

“Aniyo.” He nonchalantly answered.

 “Then I’ll prepare dinner now!” She excitedly said. Jaejoong answered with a simple nod.

 

She prepared the dishes she cooked on the table and called Jaejoong over.

The silence surrounding them was deafening. Finally gathering all the courage she could muster,

“Jaejoong-ssi, why do you hate me so much?” She asked with a tone he never dared read.

He gave an amused smirk then,

“You really are oblivious, aren’t you? It’s you who’s binding me to this marriage I never wanted. It’s you who stole my freedom. Oh and just to remind you of the things that happened yesterday, It’s you who dirtied my name with your selfishness. And therefore, I conclude that it’s you who’s ruining my life.” With that, He stormed upstairs leaving Eunhee crying and defeated.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Here, a short chapter. Subscribe, read and comment! 

Fact #8: My parents support my story. And even though my older brother is such a douche bag, he constantly asks me about my story. This story is important for me since I want to be a renowned author in the future. *O* Keke. The support I get from my family and the comments you give me are enough to boost my energy and update this story. Keke.