Chapter 17 - Headlines

It's You

Here, a short chappie~

They missed each other so much. That wasn't a secret. Being away from each other, they feel deprived. Deprived of the brotherly love they showered each other for the past 5 years. 

The happiness she felt with Kibum was ephemeral. It was short-lived. For the hour after she separate with him, hell is awaiting. She didn't know if she should even go home right now. 'Would he have cared if I went out? Wait, who am I kidding? He wouldn't have cared even if I freezed alone in this cold weather.'

They used the public bus as means of transportation to go back to his place. Seeing his friend's dazed state, Kibum decided to knock her sense out...literally. 

"Mwo-ya? What was that for?" Eunhee said, irritated. 

"You're thinking about your jerk of a husband again?" He said as he stared out the window. 

"Ne. I'm just wondering if he cared for me at all. He doesn't even return home." A tear escaped her eye.

"You're worrying too much. If I had the money and position, I would certainly sue that husband of yours. Mianhe. Mianhe if I can't help you." A sigh escaped his parted lips.

"Aigoo! You're the one who's worrying too much! Don't worry about me. Worry about YOUR Hayoung." She said, pretending to be happy despite the sad look in her eyes.

'What a sweet girl, and beautiful at that. I wonder if that Jaejoong has a 20/20 vision.' He thought as he side-hugged his friend.

Kibum had a crush on Eunhee before he developed feelings for Hayoung. Now, he feels nothing but brotherly love towards her. And those feelings...Those feelings that he never told her for he was afraid she might not take it well, were long buried in the sands of deepest sea. 

"Say, would you like to spend the night at my house? Seems like you need to be comforted more." 

"What if -" 

"What if your husband looked for you?" Silence met his question...And silence means yes.

He sighed. "Your husband doesn't care about you, remember? And from what you were telling me, I doubt that he would even return to your home."

Blunt. A word that describes what he was. Besides diva that is. He tells what he wants to say. Whether it would hurt you or not. That's what kind of a friend he is. But hey, it's better than to have a friend who would never hurt you but would feed you with lies! 

 

"Here, I don't have women's clothing. So...Yeah." Kibum said as he handed Eunhee a pajama and white v-neck shirt.

"I wonder where the clothes you wore when you danced to girl groups' songs went." She curiously asked. "Kidding. It's alright." She added, entering the bathroom to change her clothes.

She went out and Kibum showed her the room she's going to sleep in for the night.

"I'm sorry if the room is a little dirty. I don't really have the timeto clean it. You know I'm busy, right?" Kibum asked as he adjusted things inside the guest room.

"It's alright. Oppa, go sleep now. Don't mind me. I know you still have a shift tomorrow." She winked at him.

Kibum was going out when, "Oppa!"

"Waeyo?"

"Gomawo. You were a big help to me today. I felt a lot better!"

"Of course! That's what are friends are for, right?" He said as he hugged her and gave her a goodnight kiss on her forehead. 

That night, all worries they had were set aside.

 

Eunhee woke up to see Kibum pacing around his living room holding a newspaper. 

'I wonder what's wrong.'

She got the newspaper from Kibum and her eyes widened. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

A short chappie! 

Fact #5: I love all of youuuu.