Chapter 15 - Kim Ki Bum

It's You

 

She was hurt. So hurt that no sound came out while she was whimpering. The whirlwind of events affected her like it never did before. The previous events came right before her eyes; It seems like a minute ago when she was so happy baking his favorite strawberry cheesecake and now, here she was crying, broken by the rejection Jaejoong so obviously smothered right on her face.

Rejection. The thing she hated the most since she was in college. Just the thought of being rejected by someone she dearly cared for is enough to send chills to her spine. And of course, this time, our dear Jaejoong didn’t fail to make her experience it. Fear of rejection, the main reason why she had never experience having a boyfriend. She was always composed, so composed that she kept all her emotions for herself.

Being a martyr of love describes Eunhee. However, her style of keeping her emotions to herself was another topic. She thought that by sharing her emotions, she would bother or burden a person. There was this once time wherein she overheard her parents fighting over something via phone. It grew worse to the point that her father went home extra early to nag her mother. Sad by hearing their fight, she locked herself in her room for two days. When her parents finally realized that she was alone in her room for two days, they forced open her door and found EunHee, her face splashed with shock and displayed a shade of purple.

If she doesn’t want that to visit the doctor again, she would have to release all her emotions to someone, someone that cared for her well-being.

Hayoung being back in the Philippines, she had no choice but to come to him. Her parents weren’t on the choice list too, obviously. If her parents found out how Kim Jaejoong’s treating her then they will scold Jaejoong. If they scold Jaejoong because of her whining, Jaejoong would go madder than he is currently at her.

 

She thanked the cab driver and paid him. She also gave him a bigger tip for all the Kleenex he offered her. She inhaled the fresh air surrounding the village. It was too long since she came here. And now she feels guilty for visiting him only now.

She glided through the streets, concentrating on every mural that was painted on the walls, temporarily forgetting the hurt Jaejoong caused her. Looking at each house by the streets hoping, pleading that she’d still remember his place. She was a loser in memorization.

Ah! That delighting place her friend owns. The place was evident of artistic touch. It was not too big and not too small. Just the right size for a family to live in. But then, it was too long ago when a family ever lived here. Now, it was owned by a 22 year old fellow.

She pressed the doorbell, and pressed it again. She repeated the process until a figure finally opened the gate. The man, clad in his pajamas surely was shocked seeing his old friend here again. He was too shocked to the point where he gaped at her for a good two minutes.

“Omo! Oooooo-Omo! Shin Eunhee? Omoooo!” Kibum, the diva that he was, shouted not giving a damn about how his neighbors would react.

“Ne, Kim Ki Bum, Shin Eunhee here.” Eunhee said proceeding to hug her shocked friend. Yes, she still introduced herself as Shin Eunhee. In fact, she was that, right? Kim Eunhee doesn’t really suit her, she decided, and still continued to use Shin Eunhee when she knew not even an ounce of danger would come in her way for doing so.

 

Sitting on her friend’s couch, drinking a cup of tea, they decided to start their catching up. Besides, it would be a long conversation.

“So, my dear, why did you come? After a year of no communication, you decided to come and talk to me again?” Kibum said, arms crossed, pretending to be mad at her.

“Well, you know, I’ve been busy with teaching kindergarten kids and handling mother’s bakery. So you, what have you been up to?” Eunhee retorted.

Kibum sighed. “I’m currently the head cook at a five star hotel, one of the Shin Corporations’ creation.” Kibum said, wriggling his eyebrows at her.

“Oh, so you’re technically my employee now, huh?” Eunhee said, provoking Ki Bum.

“Aish, this girl. Employee, my .” Kibum said, rolling his eyes. Eunhee could only laugh at his childishness.

“So, what’s the problem?” Kibum continued.

“What?” Eunhee gasped.

“What my face.” Kibum tsk-ed at her.

That’s right. At the moment Eunhee showed up at his door, he knew something was up. Especially with the kind of emotion Eunhee was showing, he was pretty sure it was something very important.

Kibum was a classmate of Eunhee when she went to study culinary in Paris. With both being Koreans, it didn’t take them a long time for them to be close enough. For others, it might be a weird combination; the man was an enthusiastic diva while a girl was as quiet as a lamb. But they didn’t really care what others think about them.

Being friends for a total of 5 years now, they can truly say if the other one was troubled. Other than Hayoung, he was the one who can totally calm Eunhee down. And well, Eunhee is the only one who can calm this guy down.

“Well…Aish. How do I start?” Eunhee began pacing around the room, biting her fingernails. “Where do I start?” She raked her fingers through her hair.

“Hey...Hey...Calm down.” He said, approaching her. “Take a seat and let’s talk about it.” He forced Eunhee to sit on the sofa again.

“Do…Do you know that I’m married?”

“Well, duh. I work for your company? Didn’t you think that I’m bound to know it sooner or later?”

“Yes. Keep this a secret, araso? It was arranged.”

“Oh. I’m surprised.” Kibum said nonchalantly.

“You knew?” Eunhee said with eyes as big as saucers.

“Well, well…well. I ain’t your best friend for nothing, right? If the whole “they’re dating for 2 years now fiasco” your parents keep feeding the media is true, then I should’ve had known about it.”

“Right!”

“So yeah, I knew that you didn’t get married out of love. So, what’s the problem with him? Is he treating you great? Or are you a battered wife? Tell me!” He said all in one breath. “Tell me. Tell me. T-t-t-telll meee!” He sang to the Wonder Girls’ Tell Me while dancing all around the room.

“Aniyo. It’s just that, I prepared everything for him. I didn’t know that I would embarrass him in front of his employees!” You sobbed. Kibum demanded to hear her experiences since being with Jaejoong and he practically threatened her that he will chop her eye out if she dared single out a detail.

 

“Sooooo, you dressed up for him? As in you wore this dress for him?” Kibum said as he gestured to the flannel dress she was currently wearing.

“Ne, waeyo? Does it look trashy?”

“Guuurrrl. You’re so in love!”

‘Wait, what?’


 


 

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Second update here! Sorry if it’s too short, though.

Fact#3 – I don’t write rated stories. But I do read them. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a ert. It’s just that I find it useful to my knowledge since sooner or later I’m going to have to write those kinds of chappies. =))

Kekeke.

Silent readers, show me how much you love this guy…