Chapter 1 - Two Different People

It's You

Our Similarities bring us to a common ground; Our Differences allow us to be fascinated by each other

 
Sweet Confections.  A bakery located at the heart of Seoul. This bake shop was built by Mrs. Shin Kyung Hee a few years back with her own lifetime savings to serve the locals of Seoul good pastries which came from a good heart. Mrs. Shin together with her hardworking loyal workers strived their hardest for their breakthrough success. Some even go there just to purposely smell the aroma that this bake shop beholds. Heaven knows how prostrate with joy Mrs. Kyung Hee was when her only daughter showed interest in taking part in her business. 
 
It was a lovely morning for EunHee as she opened the doors of their bake shop to visit her mother - a fairly good looking woman in her 40s - who was preparing for the customers that might visit their shop today. 
 
"Oh, my dear EunHee! It's still quite early. Did you have your breakfast already?" Mrs. Shin said as she glided through her shop to kiss her daughter on the cheeks.
 
"Ne, umma. I had my breakfast with Appa awhile ago. Which reminds me, why didn't you wait for me so that I can just accompany you here?" EunHee answered with a pout which earned a hearty chuckle from the older Shin. 
 
"Aigoo, kyeopta! My EunHee, don't forget that it's Friday today. Many customers will be here to visit our shop and so I have to get ready" said Mrs. Shin with a light touch on her daughter's right cheek as they were seated on one  of the shop's chairs. 
 
"OH! I forgot about that. Hehe" answered EunHee with an apologetic smile. 
 
"Kwaenchana-yo. Don't forget to bring this pastry to your father's company building later, araso? I'm sure that stinky old man is tired from listening to same old boring presentations by the Board of Directors" her Umma answered while playfully cringing her nose to add humor. 
 
"Ne, Umma. I'll tell my stinky old father that his boring old wife cooked his favorite blueberry flavored bagels that he loves. Merong!" EunHee retorted at her mother's playful statement while getting the box of bagels she shall deliver during lunch time to her father then rushed out of the shop to get away from her "boring old mother". 
 
"Yah! Aish. She got away from me again! I must be old already" Mrs. Shin muttered followed by a pout when she didn't have the chance to retort to her daughter's childishness.
 
"Eww, Mrs. Shin. At that age of yours, you stil pout? Kekekeke!" Taemin, Mrs. Shin's youngest worker said as he entered the shop to find a pouting Shin Kyung Hee. 
 
"Aish!" Mrs. Shin muttered while preparing to hit the poor honest guy.

 
Kim Corporations. A company that provides the Korean population their everyday necessities through its numerous malls and shopping areas that can be found throughout the country. It was founded by Kim Jae Suk few years ago which was inherited by his son, Kim Jae Bum who worked his best for their company to reach the top. Many local and international investors are hoping  to work with them. Kim Corporations truly is a company that represents Korea. 
 
"Sir, you have a meeting later with the Board of Directors then after that Mr. Park of The Korea Times will be here to interview you about your business career." Soo Yeon, Kim Jaejoong's secretary told him. 
 
"Ne, Abeoji told me about it already. Thank you for reminding me again though." Jaejoong said with a nonchalant expression, eyes never leaving the document he is reviewing.
 
"You're welcome sir. It is my job after all." answered Soo Yeon hoping to prolong her conversation with the young CEO but to no avail. She ended up just bowing and leaving her boss to his proposed silence. 
 
His life had always been like this. Meeting here, meeting there. Interview here, Interview there. Business everywhere! Not that he complains though. It's actually a good opportunity for him to forget about her. Burying himself with nothing but work, it may seem like he was so cold. Heck, it even became his trademark. His cold, icy stare that makes every girl swoon over his hotness. Which, by the way, he never really cared about. Now it came to a point, where in I really wonder, do they know the story behind his trademark expressionless face? Wait, do you? 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Hello there! =) What do you think of the first chapter? Please comment below what you think of this chapter so that I will know whether I shall continue this story. =)) Keke. Feel free to criticize my work! =)