The Big Day

WELCOME BACK TO EXOPLANET

Five years passed like that. Everyone was scattered around the hall, balloons were waiting to be placed on the walls and the decorations was still sitting on the table. “Fasten your pace, time is ticking” the head of the maids shouted as she stuck the notes on the notice board.

 

“I know that the party is in three days but the king had requested this now hurry up” she ran around the palace and ordered the guards to keep the passage clear of the princes.

 

Nobody in the palace knew about this party, maybe only the important people knew about it. The princes took Saewon out on dates to keep her occupied and also away from the palace.

Saewon laughed out loud at Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s jokes but she was dying inside.

 

The thing that made her feel sad was that person. The person who made her think thousands of times a day, ‘Does Luhan have anyone that side? Did he forget about me?’.

 

Kris bent down in front of her and she stared at him for a minute before he told her to get on his back. “I’m okay” she assured but he grabbed her hands lightly and carried her. “Now Saewon is the tallest person” Chanyeol cheered and Saewon looked down at them.

 

 

“Now she is looking down at us” Suho frowned and they all laughed out loud. “Who told you to be so short, hyung” D.o said and Chanyeol covered his mouth.

 

“Says who?” Kai said and all the tall ones laughed. Suho, D.o and Baekhyun crossed their arms and Saewon shrugged. “You can put me down now Kris” she tapped on his shoulder and he placed her down slowly.

 

 

Saewon walked away slowly with her head hung low. Everyone knew the reason why. “Luhan hyung is still alive right?” D.O asked and Sehun hit his head lightly. “Hmph... you think Luhan hyung is that weak?” Sehun crossed his arms with a pout.

 

“If Saewon wasn’t here, I would think that you and Luhan would be the one marrying” Baekhyun said which made Sehun shake his head with a sigh. “You all should know how much pain Saewon had to go to make it to this day, hyung. Don’t try hurt her more” Sehun said and walked away from his elder brothers.

 

The rest of them looked at each other and shrugged, Kai watched Saewon from the back. “You should go” Kris nudged him lightly which only earned a soft sigh. “She doesn’t need me anymore” Kai whispered as he kept his eyes on her.

 

“Ever since the day Luhan left, Luhan hyung is in fault for her miserable” Kai continued.

Suho looked at him and patted his shoulders, “The day is near Kai” he gave an assured smile to his younger brother.

 

 

The night went by and it was already the morning. The day which made everyone confused. “What is so special about this day?” questions were heard.

The hall was closed tight with guards until time was announced by the King.

 

 

 

“Wake up, princess” the maids shook her lightly and Saewon groaned.  “I am not waking up until I get enough sleep” she mumbled and the maids looked at each other. They smiled to themselves when they remembered of the same thing that happened to the first party she had to attend to.

 

“I think we should just get out” they said and walked out of the room to see Kris and Kai.

 

“Is she awake yet?” Kris said and the maids shook their head. Kai looked at the door and sighed. “Let me get her out of her bed” Kai said in a calm tone and the maids snickered. “No, let her sleep. We should get some else to wake her up” Kris said and walked away.

 

Sehun walked towards Kai and they looked at each other before opening the door.

“Get up princess” Kai said in a seductive voice which made Sehun gag. “Saewon-ah, it’s getting late. It’s five in the evening already. You have slept for more than thirteen hours” Sehun said close to her ear which made her jump up.

 

“Umphh” Sehun took a step back with his hand on his nose. “Omo I am so sorry” Saewon got to Sehun and pulled his hand away only to see nothing wrong. “Yah” she playfully slapped him and Kai sighed. “You got him there” he shook his head and looked at Saewon.

 

“Get ready in five minutes” Kai said and Saewon looked at them feeling confused. “What party is it now?

 

She stomped to the bathroom but only to walk softly as she entered. Flashbacks appeared to the day when she had her welcoming party at the palace. Luhan’s smile appeared in front of her, her hopes rose to the ceiling until she stopped it. “He won’t be here” She frowned as she stared at the tears fall from her eyes.

 

Wearing a plain white dress that was placed on her bed, she sat by the mirror and waited for the makeup lady to come in.

“It has been five years and he hasn’t attended any parties till now” She said to herself and heard the door open. The lady walked in with a bright smile. “My Princess” Saewon got up to hug her; she missed the days when she was away since she was only called into the palace when it was a special occasion.

 

“How is my little princess who is growing into a butterfly?” she pinched her cheeks. “Ow” Saewon winced at the spot which she pinched for the past four years. “I don’t know how you manage to find that spot every time you come” Saewon tried to sound normal.

 

The lady fixed her hair and stared at her face, “You have been crying, haven’t you”. She touched Saewon’s eye bags and the dark circles which surrounded them. When Saewon did not reply, she sighed and sat on the bed.

 

“It’s always Luhan” she looked at the comb she was holding and sighed again. She got up with a smile as if nothing happened. As if the conversation never happened. “Let’s fix this ugly shopping bags hidden in the panda” Saewon rolled her eyes with a scoff.

 

After an hour, Saewon looked at herself in the mirror; she was again stunned at the job done to make her look like a princess in the fairytales.

 

“Now... get on those special shoes” She pointed at the shoe box in front of the bed and smiled. “You have to wear them, it’s a special order from me since you will be announcing something sweet and dancing with the handsome princes” she giggled and gave a friendly hug before heading out of the room.

 

It was as if that day was repeating again when she walked out of her room. The princes stared at her with dropped jaws. D.O gave a thumbs up while Chanyeol who cleared his throat slapped Baekhyun’s shoulder to wake himself up.

 

“What was that for?” Baekhyun growled and Kris chuckled. He got up along with Suho and held her hand, escorting her to the princes.

 

As they headed to the hall, Saewon was stopped by Suho and he switched places with Kai who held her other hand. Kai intertwined his fingers with hers and gave a small smile. “Are you ready?” Kris asked.

 

“I am not” three voices were heard and Kai laughed at his hyungs. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O breathed in and out multiple times until they gave a nod.

 

The door opened.