♀ nine

My Little Bride ♀

 

“One, two, three… and turn! One, two, three, four, five, six… One and two… and pose!”

As soon as Yuri pressed the stop button, we immediately dispersed. I tried to catch my breath and went to where my duffel bag was. I grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat off my face and my neck. I need to go home in less than an hour if I don’t want Dad getting mad at me.

“Good job, girls,” Yuri announced, clapping her hands. “But we still need more practice. Over the next few weeks, I will be lengthening the rehearsals from two hours to five hours. I’ve already asked permission from the principal and he has approved of this.”

She turned to Kang Jiyoung. “You need to cooperate with your group,” she explained. “Just because we’re of the same age doesn’t mean I won’t treat the way I treat the younger members. Don’t think that the world revolves around you. We need to work together.”

“,” Jiyoung grumbled under her breath.

“I heard that.” Yuri turned around and faced me, putting her hands on her hips. “Sooyoung, you need to stay. We need to practice for the ballet category.” She turned to the other members. “Gyuri, Jia and UEE, you three also need to stay.”

I gulped down the water as fast as I could. I guess I have to stay a little longer. But then I know father will be mad at me. Oh, whatever. I’ll make things up later.

I stood next to Yuri at the front line. Gyuri, Jia and UEE stood two feet behind us and they’re the back line. I watched the others leave through the mirror. I flexed my arms and felt a great weariness on my shoulder. I can’t wait for this practice to end.

We stayed for another hour, practicing for more than ten times. We’re done with the choreography and the only thing we need to do is polishing. It’s mostly thanks to Yuri who choreography ¾ of the dance routine. Jia and I contributed some.

As soon as we’re done, I changed to a dry shirt. If I don’t change, I’ll attract colds.

“Boo!”

I let out a muffled gasp and took few steps back. Jonghyun emerged from the dark hallway, holding his stomach and cackling so hard. I glared at him as I adjusted the strap of my duffel bag. Seriously, I thought I was going to be kidnapped.

“You scared me.” I hit his shoulder.

Jonghyun laughed. “You should’ve seen your face! It was hilarious.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m glad you find my horrendous face hilarious.”

He smiled. “Oh, come on. Don’t be such a spoilsport.”

“What are you doing here?” I started walking as I glanced at my watch. It’s already six; my dad’s probably pissed off by now.

He shrugged. “I was waiting for you,” he answered. “Let’s go home together.”

I raised my eyebrows. “No, it’s okay. I’ll go home on my own.”

He frowned. “Okay, I know I stink. It’s because of the basketball practice. We’re not yet done but we will be in about five minutes. Twenty minutes if I don’t get there right now. So, if you don’t come with me, you’ll be staying with me for an additional twenty minutes. If you do, I’ll send you home right away.”

“But I—”

“No buts!”

Gradually, I let Jonghyun drag me to the gym. At first, I hesitated because it wasn’t an entirely great idea. Students will see me hanging out with him—which isn’t bad for me but for Jonghyun? It is bad news. I don’t want to get him in trouble.

However, it was too hard to say no to Jonghyun. Ever since that beach thing with him, he’s been hanging out with me nonstop. Rumors have circulated but he ignored them. He said it’s supposed to happen.

I tried to rationalize with him but he was too obstinate than Seunghyun ever was.

Guys. I could never understand them.

When we went inside the gym, he instructed me to wait at the bleachers. I did. I could spot few students staring at me as soon as they realized I was with Jonghyun. I saw them whispering and heads down low.

I ignored them. I have to. It’s no use trying to defend yourself, Sooyoung.

“Wait for me,” Jonghyun says, winking at me. “I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Did you see that?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“Since when did they start hanging out?”

“Jonghyun hyung better know which people he should hang out with.”

“He’s in deep trouble if he stays with her. Doesn’t he know what’s been circulating around lately?”

“We could tell Jonghyun hyung.”

“Yes, we should. I’ll go tell Jiyoung and Gyuri as well. They should know about what this home-wrecker has been doing nowadays. She shagged Seunghyun oppa before. Now she’s making a move on Jonghyun oppa? Not in my dreams. Jonghyun oppa needs to know that doesn’t deserve him.”

I frowned. When will all of these stop? When can I start living my life peacefully? Am I really going to finish school with people hating on me? Seunghyun, I need you here with me. I gripped the strap of my duffel bag tighter, fighting back the tears that were coming out.

I swore to myself that I’m never going to cry in front of these people.

I stood up and was about to make my way to the door. I was contemplating whether to leave Jonghyun here and go home by myself or wait for him. But with all these awful gossips, I can’t stand to be here any longer.

I felt someone stood next to me. Relieved, I turned around and was about to grab his arm when I realized it wasn’t Jonghyun.

“Surprised?”

I took few steps back. “Gyuri.”

She smirked. “Honey, these rumors have to stop.”

“I never started this,” I told her in a monotone voice. I have to stand up for myself. I can’t let them get to me. If I do, then it’s the end of me. It’s like I’m letting them take over my life and watch me suffer miserably.

Gyuri shook her head, laughing. “Oh, please. Stop with the innocent acts. We know you’re worse than a home-wrecker that you already are. You stole Seunghyun oppa and you even killed him. You made Yuri cry. And now you’re trying to make a move on Jonghyun oppa? When will you ever stop, Sooyoung? Isn’t it enough that you have destroyed two lives and Seunghyun oppa’s family?”

I felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. Destroyed? Have I really destroyed their lives? Seunghyun, is this… the truth?

“What? Cat got your tongue?” Gyuri won this time. “Really, Sooyoung. How can you ever be so blind? Are you planning to destroy Jonghyun oppa’s life as well?”

I ignored her.

“You can’t ignore this for forever,” she continued, crossing her arms on her chest. “We all know that you destroyed—”

Unexpectedly, I felt myself turning around and crashed unto someone’s chest. Two pairs of strong arm caught me and pulled me against him. For a moment there, I was terrified. I didn’t know what was happening.

“Is that all you can do, Gyuri?” It was Jonghyun. “If you call Sooyoung a heartless home-wrecker, then what are you? A cold-blooded that destroys others’ lives? Just because I’m hanging out with Sooyoung doesn’t make me any less of the person I am before. Leave before I get really mad, Gyuri.”

I have less than a week. Less than week. I’ll get through this.

Somehow.

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

almost thereeee, the wedding is almost there. it'll be a bit boring though. but the

pre-honeymoon would be... kind of intense. because they will, um, you know...

you guys can guess it! comment on what you think would happen on their pre-honeymoon.

wohooooooo, i would love some comments, please?

thank youuuu. i love you! and hello new subscribers. you guys make my day.