♂ six

My Little Bride ♀

 

I blinked and my heart raced all of a sudden. I didn’t want to talk about my past at this moment. Why can’t people understand me and just back off? I’m too tired to deal with this. It hurts me so bad. And slowly, painfully, it kills me inside, too.

“Don’t worry,” Dara reassures me, placing her hand on my shoulder. “I’m not going to judge you.”

I stared at her anxiously. But I tried to control my emotions. I don’t want to let my guard down.

“It’s not your fault that Seunghyun-ssi died,” Dara stated, her eyes glued on my ankle. I kept my stare at her. “Perhaps, it’s because of the old rumor that you stole him from Yuri-ssi that encouraged others to misunderstand the accident as well. Since you survived the crash and Seunghyun didn’t, they started pondering and comparing you as someone who stole him away from Yuri and as someone who stole his life, too.”

I fought back tears. How does she know this?

“I guess, I could say that kids here are easily influenced of what others think,” Dara continued. “Because they want to fit in, they have to think the same, too. If they want to impress, they have to agree with what others say, too. No one wants to be alone. We all know that. It to be alone. We all want to feel safe and secured. We all want to have friends. But they think that to have friends, you have to go with the status quo and forget their own individuality.”

I blinked, reminiscing those times with Seunghyun.

“However, I think you’re brave, Sooyoung-ssi,” Dara concluded, giving me a smile. “I think it’s valiant of you to stand on your own and ignore what others say. But I guess, what I really want to say is that… you have to forgive yourself, too, before you can forgive others. You can’t live for so long and still think that it’s your fault. You have to let go of the past somehow.”

“Babe, don’t worry about them, okay?” Seunghyun used to tell me. “You’re the one I chose. You’re the one I love.” He would kiss my forehead and smell my hair—which I find weird. He says my hair smells so good. “It doesn’t matter. It’s us against the world. I’ll protect you, you’ll see.”

“I didn’t want you to—”

“Enough with that talk,” he cut me off. “I don’t want to lose you. Promise me, Sooyoung. Both of us won’t leave unless one doesn’t love the other one anymore. Okay? You’re the bravest girl I’ve ever met. And I might… have met the one I’m going to marry.”

“M-marry?!”

He chuckled. “Don’t worry. I won’t force you but running away and marrying is our second option.”

“But what if we get caught? Seunghyun, I think you’re thinking way too much.”

“Then don’t let go. We only have each other.”

No. I don’t want to let go of the past. Seunghyun is the only one I have but he left me. I don’t want to relinquish all my memories with him. I still love him. Besides, he told me not to let go. We only have each other.

“I… think I want to sleep,” I told her quietly.

I didn’t want to listen of what she has to say. Because if I linger a little longer, I might not be able to hold myself back and pour out everything to her. I don’t want to get emotionally attached to anyone because I knew I would just get hurt.

The pain is too much to handle.

Dara gave me a sad smile. “Okay, I’ll be here if you want anything.” I felt like there was a deeper meaning to what she said. But I ignored it. I’ve had enough of baby-sitters, let alone therapists.

An hour later, I woke up with my neck aching. I reached out and placed my hand at my nape, gently massaging it to lessen the pain. What time is it? I didn’t realize that I dozed off while closing my eyes. I glanced at the clock just above the nurse’s table.

“Oh, ,” I gasped.

I yanked out of the bed and cringed when I felt the pain hit me on my ankle. Oh, right. I almost forgot I sprained my ankle.

“Don’t move a lot.” I almost leaped out of the bed if it wasn’t for Dara scaring the heck out of me. I didn’t even notice her in the room. She wasn’t at her table so, basically, I thought she was outside.

“Oh, you scared me,” I muttered, my hand on my chest.

Dara giggled. “Sorry. I do that sometimes.”

“How long was I asleep?” I asked.

“More than an hour,” she answered. “I didn’t want to wake you up because you looked so tired.”

“I have to go,” I announced. I’ve missed more than two classes already. I don’t want to miss the afternoon period. It’s already bad enough that I lied about my dance practices, let alone fail on my studies. I need to work harder if I want to get out of this school.

“You can go home if you want to,” Dara suggested, shrugging her shoulders. “I mean, you’ve sprained your ankle so you really have to rest. Would you want me to call your parents?”

“No!” It’s worse if I let them know. “Um, please don’t. I’ll… just go get a cab or something.”

“But you’re—”

“Um, really, Dara-ssi,” I cut her off. “Thank you so much for this but I think I can handle myself now.”

I dragged myself off to bed—no matter how much I still wanted to stay—and shambled towards the door. Dara extended both of her hands, preparing herself in case I fall over or something. But I struggled to balance myself. I bit my lip, stifling the cries of pain that are threatening to come out every time I put pressure on my ankle.

Once I was out of the clinic, I maneuvered to the right which was where my locker is. I needed to get a few stuff before I go home by myself.

I winced, mentally cursing at myself when the pain pulsed. How do I go home with the pain pounding every time I move my feet?

Maybe I should try putting all my weight on my left foot.

“Soo, do you need help?”

I looked up, only to find that annoying face again. I tried to think about my respect for the teachers around here. That I won’t have to kick him in the face. Why does he have to show up every time I’m in pain?

I gave him a blank expression. “No. I can handle myself.”

“But you look like… do you want me to send you home? Or would you want me to call your parents?”

I groaned. “No. Just… leave me alone, Kim Sunggyu. I don’t need your help.”

“But you’re in pain,” he stated stubbornly.

“And you’re being too nosy,” I shot back. “Go away before any student sees us together.”

He grabbed my arm. “Sooyoung, let me help you.”

“Is something wrong, Kim seonsangnim?”

Oh, here it is. This is why I detach myself from other people. I might get them in deep trouble if they even start hanging out with me or even if it’s because of homework or whatever. I turned around, my back facing Sunggyu. I was ready to run whenever I had to.

But when I did, Jonghyun stood in front of me. With that gorgeous smile as always.

“Do you need help, Sooyoung-ssi?”

I blinked, feeling my pulse raced. “Um, not really. I was just—”

“Can you take her home?” Sunggyu interrupted me before I could even finish what I was saying. I shot him a dreadful look, secretly wishing that he would just disappear. Just the marriage alone annoys me so much.

“Jonghyun-ssi, you really don’t—”

Jonghyun nodded, ignoring me. It irks me so much when people pretend as if I wasn’t even here and start talking about what I should do. “Sure,” he replied, shrugging. He turned to face Sunggyu. “Kim seonsangnim, can you do an excuse slip for me while I take Sooyoung home?”

Sunggyu nodded, his eyes locked on me. I rolled my eyes. “I will,” he reassured. “Just bring her home. She needs rest.”

I tried to not pay attention at the suspicious stares from the students who saw Jonghyun and me leaving towards the parking lot. I tried to pretend that I didn’t care. It’s best that way. I don’t have to get hurt so bad.

“You actually didn’t have to do this,” I told him as soon as we’re inside his car. He chuckled lightly, turning the steering wheel to the left.

Jonghyun smiled. “It’s okay,” he says. “I wanted to do it anyway.”

I raised my eyebrows. He wanted to? “You didn’t have to follow what Kim seonsangnim said. I can go home by myself.”

“What happened?” He ignored what I said.

I sighed, feeling defeated. How come nobody listens to me at all? “I sprained my ankle.”

Jonghyun chuckled. “Oh, you twisted it on your own,” he retorted. “I know you sprained your ankle. But how did it happen?”

“Dance rehearsal.”

He nodded. “Oh, yeah. I heard about your dance competition. I’ll be watching you dance then.” The car stopped as soon as the stoplight turned red. “So, where’s your house?”

I blinked, contemplating for a minute.

“Can you bring me somewhere else?”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

like i promised, i would update if i get comments. i'd like to dedicate these chapters

to the awesome people: hototheingya ; luckybead ; JKcashluv5 (for always 

commenting at every chappie) and airis_love for commenting.

and to the new subscribers, you are showered with lots of love and kisses from me!

you guys are daebak! comments = faster updates! <3

lots of love, j.