♂ sixteen

My Little Bride ♀

 

“You got home early.” I found Sunggyu at the living room as soon as I got home early from school. Since everyone was very compliant to the rehearsals, Yuri rewarded us rest time and also next week. Instead of spending autumn break practicing, she told us to consider it as our reward. Most of us went home early but some of them stayed for other school activities.

I decided to go home anyway. I didn’t have anything better to do in school. And I didn’t want to stay if I only have to wait for Jonghyun to send me home. Besides, I could walk home or take the bus if I wanted to.

It’s safer that way.

Sunggyu grinned at me, crossing his arms on his chest. “Welcome home.”

I scowled. “I could say the same to you.” He hasn’t stop teasing me about that Tuesday night when I fell asleep on him. Well, I won’t say that I didn’t like it. I was very aware that I was hugging him before I faded into a deep sleep.

I didn’t even know what got into me the first place. He looked very comfortable so I couldn’t help myself. Moreover, I wasn’t the only one who liked it. Sunggyu initiated it.

“You want me to help you change?” He asked teasingly.

My cheeks turned red. Apparently, what he said has double meaning to it. And it wasn’t very good. I wheeled around sharply, feeling embarrassed. I tossed my duffel bag on the bed and took off my uniform right away. I changed into shorts and a casual, sky blue shirt.

When I went down, I commenced to the kitchen. I was starved and I wanted to eat something. It was a long, tiring day—even though I didn’t really do so much—because school was all my energy out.

Opening the fridge, I pulled a face when I realized that there weren’t so much stock left inside. I grabbed a carton of fresh milk and went to find Sunggyu. Even though I lack knowledge about groceries and cooking, I know when we’re having a scarcity of grub.

I found him in his office, checking some papers here and there. His table was full of thick books and bundles of papers. I don’t get it. If he was teaching music, then why does he still need papers to check? But I didn’t ask. Apparently, I preferred watching him work. He looks… cute when he gets serious.

I expected to see lots and lots of books inside his office. But only one tiny bookshelf stood beside his office table. It has four levels, which could probably take in 5-7 books each. And then there were the musical instruments which were all arranged next to each other.

“Have you ever played in front of the entire school?” I blurted out before I couldn’t stop myself.

Sunggyu looked up, surprised to see me peeking from the wall. “Oh, you surprised me,” he muttered, leaning back against his chair. “I’ve never really played in front of the entire school. Not even in the classroom. My only objectives are to teach students how to play a musical instrument each year, that’s all. My job never required for me to play.”

I nodded.

“What are you doing over there?” He grabbed the nearest stool and pulled it next to him, patting it gently. “Come here. You can here.”

I did what I was told. Quietly, I sat on the stool.

He eyed the carton of milk I was holding. “I’ll take a sip, too.” He extended his hand, motioning for me to give it to him.

I scowled. “Go get it yourself,” I snapped. “By the way, we’re low on the food. We need to go to the grocery as soon as we can.”

He gave me a knowing smile. “We? That sounds nice. Say it again.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. If you won’t do it, then I’ll do it myself. But don’t blame me if I get wrong on what ingredients to take. I’m not particularly good at cooking Korean dishes, only a few though.”

He chuckled, rising from his seat. He snatched my head, tugging on it. “Come on, babe,” he urged. “Let’s go shopping.”

At first, I didn’t want to go with him. What if someone from the school sees us? Or what if someone I know or someone he knows sees us? Then that’d be horrible. I could even predict what happens next. But he insisted anyway.

So, in the end, I ended up going anyway. He let me wear his large-sized jacket that goes with a hoodie and I paired it with denim shorts. Hence, I could wear the hoodie when I get to the supermarket. He wore sleeveless, gray top and acid-washed jeans. I didn’t like it though. I didn’t like the way he looked available to women in our area.

Notthat I’m complaining.

The first thing I noticed when we arrived at the supermarket was the women ogling at him. And then when their eyes rest on me, they have this disgusted look shadowing on their faces. Well, I was used to that but the ogling frustrates me. Maybe it’s because of the sleeveless top.

I rolled my eyes, aggravated that he doesn’t notice it one bit. He saunters down the supermarket, pushing a cart with one hand, and acts like nothing at all. I pulled my hoodie up to hide my face. He didn’t need to see it. I mean, what the hell. Why do I even care?

He turned to me, noticing that my eyes were anywhere but on him.

“Come on,” he urged, grabbing my arm and shaking it. “Let’s start.”

I jerked my arm away from him. “Ah, what? Let go.”

He chuckled in amusement. “Why are you like this all of a sudden?”

I scoffed. “Nothing. What do we buy first?”

“Don’t mind them, honey,” he teased, winking at me. He put his finger under my chin but I yanked it away. “I know you’re jealous but I only belong to you. You’re the only one that I want.”

I rolled my eyes. “I wasn’t jealous.”

He nudged me on my elbow, laughing in amusement. But really, I wasn’t jealous at all. The feeling was different. I was upset. It was written all over my face. It annoys me that these women bother to gawk at Sunggyu when they probably have someone with them, too.

And what annoys me most is that they’re acting like I wasn’t even there.

I ignored him, walking ahead of him. “You can find the ingredients for our dishes,” I said coldly. “I’ll take another cart and find the necessities.”

He grabbed my arm, darting me an amused smile. “Okay, I understand,” he says, intertwining his hand with mine. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. You’re upset and I made it worse. But you look cute when you’re annoyed.”

I rolled my eyes, tugging on my hand. “Whatever.”

Sunggyu decided to go for the necessities first and buy the ingredients later. He still didn’t let go of my hand. It was embarrassing because he was all smiling cheerfully, with one hand pushing the cart and the other holding my hand. I wandered my eyes around, studying the surroundings. Everywhere we go, the women seem to like the view. Only when their eyes drift to me, their expression turns sour.

“What color do you want?” he asked, observing the toothbrushes hanging in different colors. He turned to face me.

I didn’t meet his gaze. “You can let go of my hand now.”

“What color do you want?” He ignored me.

“I like blue,” I answered faintly.

“Let’s buy couple stuff!” Sunggyu suggested, grinning eagerly.

I scowled. I didn’t even try having couple tees with Seunghyun. I don’t even understand the importance of having couple stuff. “No, thanks.”

“I like this toothbrush,” Sunggyu says, grabbing two blue toothbrushes with white and pink bristles and a dragon-designed head. “Okay, let’s—”

I pushed him. “Hey! I never agreed to this.”

“Well, you have no choice.”

“I don’t want couple toothbrushes. How would I know which one is mine?”

“Then we can share!”

I groaned. “I don’t like to share with you. Really, for such a 22-year-old guy like you, you should know the different between yes and no.”

“Oh, really?” Groaning inwardly, I wheeled around sharply. His pigheadedness annoys me. I should have stayed cold around me like I did the last few weeks when we started living together. It was better that way. Only he can make me so upset.

The next thing I knew, he threw me over his shoulder and locked me with his arm. I let out a yelp, feeling my stomach being squished on his collarbone. I writhed, kicking my legs. We were drawing attention from the other customers. My cheeks turned red and I tried to avoid their puzzled looks.

“If you don’t stop kicking, I’m never going to stop,” he taunted but I could sense there was a tone of amusement on his voice.

“Sir, is there any problem here?”

“Help me!”

“No, of course not.” He cleared his throat. “Um, she’s my wife. Trust me. She’s being a naughty wife, as usual. I’m just trying to control her.”

“I wasn’t!” I shrieked.

“Okay.” The guy didn’t sound convinced. “Um…”

“I’ll make sure she keeps quiet.”

He kept me over his shoulder for a while until we reached the counter. He had forced me to agree into buying couple stuff. He even got couple jackets for the both of us. He strolled down the supermarket, oblivious to the rubbernecks shooting him quizzical looks.

“Go wait for me over there,” he ordered, beaming at me.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not someone you can just—”

“Sooyoung, hey!”

My eyes widened when I saw Jonghyun and someone else approaching me. What should I do? He can’t see me with Sunggyu. I shot Sunggyu a stricken look.

I forced a smile, gulping nervously. “Hey, Jonghyun.”

He beamed at me. “Are you alone?”

I shook my head. “Um, I’m with my cousin,” he lied.

He nodded but didn’t bother asking further. He motioned at the guy next to me. “This is my brother, Lee Taemin. He’s also coming tomorrow with his date. Don’t forget what I told you, okay? See you tomorrow!”

Even though it was short, I could feel Sunggyu’s curious look boring unto me. When I faced him, he looked disappointed. Now, we’re even, I thought smugly, crossing my arms on my chest.

On our way home, he was quiet. He didn’t utter a single word to me or even argued. I tried to make him speak, bringing up different topics, but he didn’t budge. His hands gripped the steering wheel. His mind was somewhere else. I wanted to know what was wrong with him.

I don’t even know why I’m feeling perturbed about him being silent. I wasn’t used to it. He was always the cheerful one, greeting me the same thing every single day when I get home. Then he smirks or chuckles in amusement when I do something he finds funny.

“Are you okay?” I wanted to know.

“Are you ever going to tell me where you’re headed tomorrow?” He asked icily.

Oh. That. “I was but then I forgot about it.”

“Oh, really?” He snapped. “You forgot, huh?”

I scowled. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I’m your husband, Sooyoung!” He chastised, gripping the steering wheel hard. “I have the right to know where you’re going.”

“I never asked for this!” I barked, glaring at him. “I never asked you to care.”

He groaned in disagreement. “Fine. I won’t expect you to understand this anyway. You’re too wrapped up in your own little world that you can’t even open up to others. You think you’re the only one grieving about Seunghyun? Well, guess what? You’re not the only one. You think that the entire world revolves around you and you only but, hey, wake up! It’s not all about you! Grow up, Sooyoung. You need to open your ing eyes and stop acting so childish!”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

hi hi hi! leave some comments and make me happy. also, check out my new story.

i'll update this as soon as this story comes to its finale. /winks/ xoxo