♂ twelve

My Little Bride ♀

 

I made no move. Even wiggling my pinky finger or rolling my eyes, I sat still and clasped my fingers together. If I do a single move, the feeling of nausea would come rushing back and it’ll take me minutes to overcome it.

I ate too much.

I blinked, slowly moving my hands towards my stomach. At least it’s not bloated. One of the things I’m thankful when I eat so much is that my stomach seems to stay the way it was before I consume the food.

“You’re full,” Sunggyu stated as if he could read my mind. Or probably my face says it all.

I avoided his gaze, feeling my face heat up. I wanted to say something but I couldn’t. Because once I attempt to open my mouth, the motion sickness comes back. I don’t actually want to vomit in front of these people.

He stands up and marches towards me. “Come on, Soo,” he offers.

I held up my hand quickly. What is he trying to do? Is he trying to—oh, . It’s back.

“I feel like throwing up,” I muttered so fast I thought Sunggyu wouldn’t catch it. Surprisingly, he did. In one, swift action, he held me in his arms and carried me bridal style. The people shot us quizzical looks but he didn’t even care. Instead, he sprinted out of the restaurant.

I opened my mouth but it only got worse. It felt like I was riding a car and we’re on a rock-strewn road. I moaned involuntarily.

“We’re almost there,” he reassured me. What was he talking—

Right then and there, I lost it.

And the world turned black.

Hours later, I woke up to the sun streaming in from the window. There was a tiny space between the two curtains covering the window. I looked to the other side where Sunggyu was sleeping. I smiled involuntarily when I realized he placed a little gap between us. At least he was thoughtful enough to even think about distancing ourselves.

I pushed my blanket aside and sat up. Running my hand through my hair, I looked down to see that I was wearing a different shirt. Perhaps, I—

Holy .

How did I…?

We were at the Tuscany and we ordered lots of food. And then after that, I was so full that I feel like throwing up. So, Sunggyu carried me and then I… vomited on him and passed out.

Did he change my shirt?

“Hey!” I smacked Sunggyu’s shoulder rigorously. He lurched out of the bed, looking stricken and dazed. I chuckled shortly, almost forgetting about the whole incident thing. Did I just really throw up on him?

“W-what?” Sunggyu asked, his eyes fluttering. He looked dazed. “What happened?”

I shot him a look. “Were you the one who changed me?”

Sunggyu heaved a sigh. “I thought it was something serious,” he muttered, pulling the blankets and covering his face. He acts as if nothing even happened. Oh, the nerve of that guy. “Of course, I did. You threw up on me and you passed out.”

“What really happened?”

He pulled the pillow over his head. “It’s not really a big deal,” he told her. “You passed out because you ate too much. I brought you here and changed your clothes. I didn’t see anything. I swear.”

I stared at him suspiciously.

“Except that you’re really flat-chested.”

I screamed and jumped over Sunggyu. How dare he call me flat-chested? I threw my punches on him as hard as I could. He struggled, trying to dodge my blows on him. I didn’t care. I hit him anywhere and didn’t even think about stopping.

“Hey!” he yapped, grabbing my arms. But I struggled even more. I wanted to hit him harder. “Stop it! Hey! Jung Sooyoung! Stop acting—hey!”

I stopped when he successfully seized my arms in his hands. I breathed heavily, darting him the most vicious glare I could come up with. And then suddenly, I feel myself moving up and down.

A smirk drew on Sunggyu’s lips. “I like this position.”

Just then, I realized I was sitting on top of Sunggyu’s chest, barely clothed and feeling dazed. What was I doing? What is wrong with me? I wasn’t thinking. Okay, I was completely infuriated when he called me flat-chested. He saw my body! He saw my whole body. What was I going to do? Be glad about it?

My pulse raced. I could hear my heartbeat pounding against my ribcage. And then there’s this flip thing in my stomach. For a moment there, I felt scared. What if he hears my heartbeat? And what is this… feeling?

He extended his hand towards me, cupping the back of my neck. I couldn’t stop him. I don’t know why but my body won’t listen to me. His other hand didn’t let go of my arm. Our eyes never broke contact.

He pulled me to him, his eyes burning with passion and sincerity. My heartbeat pounded even faster. I didn’t want this. I can’t do this. So, why am I not stopping him?

He tugged me even closer to him. Closer and closer until there’s this small gap between us. I could feel his warm breath on my lips. I can’t tear my eyes away from his. His gaze was mesmerizing. It was like a magnet, attracting me to him.

He closed the gap between us, brushing his lips gently to mine. Heat surged through me and I felt sparks when our lips met. It was definitely something new. If there was fire when I kissed Seunghyun back then, my kiss with Sunggyu was bonfire.

Seunghyun is dead! And it’s all because of you!

I tore myself away from Sunggyu, feeling startled. My hands were shaking. My heartbeat’s fast. Even though it felt so wrong, I liked it. But Seunghyun

That’s right. I can’t love anyone else but him. It feels like betrayal. Like I was betraying Seunghyun.

You destroyed his life! You destroyed Yuri unnie’s life!

I don’t deserve this.

He quickly sat up; his expression went from passionate to bewilderment. The blanket covering him fell off, exposing his bare chest. My eyes widened.

“Sooyoung, hey,” Sunggyu spoke in a low voice. “I’m sorry. I lost control.” He went closer to me with his arms opened. It looked like he was going to hug me so I took few steps backward, feeling completely scared.

“I’m sorry,” he repeated, frowning.

I didn’t even feel sorry for it. It felt good. It felt incredibly good.

“Um,” I managed to speak. My throat went suddenly dry. “I’ll go change.”

“Okay,” he replied awkwardly, putting his hand on the nape of his neck. “I’ll order breakfast for us then.” He gave me one last glance before disappearing into the living room.

I walked inelegantly to the bathroom, grabbing my duffel bag. What the heck was wrong with me? I never do anything like that in the morning. Well, technically, I’m always alone. It’s not every day I find a good-looking man with me in the bed.

Starting from last night, it would be different. I won’t have to wake up alone now.

Sounds comforting. I snorted at myself. I should just stop thinking about gibberish things. It doesn’t even make sense that I’m pondering about this.

I started digging around my bag for my phone, pondering on where I placed it the last time I held it in my hand. Come to think of it, I have never touched my phone since the wedding. Or since the accident, I may say.

My phone has all the photos, the conversations I’ve had with him and every single memory I’ve made when Seunghyun was still alive. It was the only keepsake I’ve had of him. I was contemplating on whether to erase every single thing or not. There’s this part of me that wanted to so I could move on.

But then, there’s also a part of me that didn’t want to.

Somehow, I was torn between the two. Until now.

“Oh, here it is,” I muttered. Checking for updates, I went to the toilet, pulled the cover down and then sat on it. I got seven messages, eighteen missed calls and twenty-three voicemail messages. Most of it came from Yuri. And the others came from Jonghyun.

How did he get my number?

Oh, . I forgot about the dance competition!

I immediately went through my list of contacts to call Yuri and explain to her where I’ve been. Hold on, I thought to myself. Am I supposed to tell her what happened? Am I supposed to tell her that I married our school’s music teacher? Okay, wait. Let me think.

I held the phone in my hand. I ran my other hand through my hair, jotting down things of what to say as an excuse.

I could tell Yuri I was sick and I needed to stay… hey, wait. Come to think of it, I still don’t know how long we’re going to stay here.

Striding towards the door, I gently opened the door and peeked. I found Sunggyu on the phone; one hand was pressed against the wall to support him with his back facing me. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, which made me gawk at his flawless back. I feel like hugging him from the back.

Oh, really, Sooyoung,I mentally cursed myself. Get a ing grip.

“Soo?” He’s the only one who calls me Soo. Besides Seunghyun, of course. He calls me different names every single time. “Hey, do you need help?”

I blinked. “Oh, um, until when are we supposed to stay here?”

He tilted his head to the side, pursing his lips. He looked cute. “Um, I have no idea,” he answered hesitantly. “But if I were to ask you, it would be better if we’re coming back to school tomorrow. I can tell my parents to postpone the honey—”

“Can we have the, er, honeymoon during the autumn break?” I proposed, forcing a smile. “During the first week of October, students get to have their autumn break. We can, um, have the honeymoon during that time. Besides, people will think we have a relationship if we go home together after a week or something.”

Sunggyu nodded with a smile. “Let me make some calls then.”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

did you guys expect that? wohoooo, the kiss was... intense, right? comments would 

be very much appreciated. sorry if i don't update enough. been a busy week ;w;

xoxo