♂ ten

My Little Bride ♀

 

I stood in front of the full-length mirror, trying to fathom who that person facing back at me. Is that really me? I suddenly feel like I don’t really know myself. There’s this unfamiliar, strange feeling inside my stomach that I want to get rid of.

I feel really… uncomfortable.

I wore the dress Mrs. Kim gave me and the shoes Mom gave me. At first, I felt uncomfortable because of the high heels. But I had no choice. I have to suffer for more than two hours and then these all will be over.

Instead of a tiara, they used a light pink ribbon headpiece. My hair was parted to the side and was softly French braided along the top and side. The bottom section of my hair was then pinned loosely to the side to meet the braid. The hair stylist said this hairstyle is for a romantic look.

If only I could add a little smile, it would be perfect.

But I couldn’t. I couldn’t smile when the one I’m marrying isn’t even the one I love.

In a manner of minutes, I would be walking down the hallway towards the Xystum House, where the wedding would be held. For the wedding ceremony, we occupied the entire top floor. It has a sophisticated space and stunning city nightscape.

I couldn’t help but feel these little butterflies in my stomach.

What if I run away?

No, that would be a really stupid idea.

I could hear some members of the Wedding Concierge outside the room. They’re even more scared than I was.

“Jung Sooyoung.” A head popped from the door. “Please come outside. You’re set to walk down the aisle in two minutes.”

This is it, I thought, inhaling deeply. I walked towards the door and whispered a short prayer. Sooyoung, you’re going to make the biggest mistake of your life. But it’s for your sake, remember? You can’t back out now. You can do this.

Two minutes later, the team had motioned for me to start walking. My hands were trembling. They could see it. The bouquet I was holding was wobbly. It was too hard to ignore. I pushed my shoulders back and sauntered down the hallway.

I stopped when I reached the big double doors that lead to the Xystum House. My heart beat was beating too fast. My forehead was beginning to sweat. My hands are trembling. And there are these weird butterflies in my stomach.

“Sooyoung-ssi?”

I nodded, letting the woman know I was ready.

Just then, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I almost let out a yelp when I realized it was only Yunho. And he was wearing a tuxedo. His hair was perfectly coiffed and there was a bit of makeup plastered on his face.

“You scared me,” I whispered.

Yunho gave a small smile. “I’m sorry. They told me to come here. I was assigned to walk you down the aisle. Mom and Dad were too emotional to do it so… here I am.”

“Too excited to kick me out of the house?” I .

He fixed his gaze straight ahead. “No,” he replied unhappily. “In fact, I blamed myself for getting you into this. I blamed myself for not being a big brother and not stopping Mom and Dad for sending you away. I’m supposed to be getting married, not you. You’re only seventeen.”

“And you’re being emotional, too.” It was the first time I saw him looking so gloomy because of me. I was touched. I never blamed him for this. And I never really expected him to care. But he was my brother. We’re siblings, after all.

I hugged him. “I’m going to be okay,” I whispered.

“Don’t lie,” he protested, giving me a dubious look. “You haven’t been in a good state ever since Seunghyun died. I’m not stupid, Sooyoung. Just because I’m working now doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s happening around SYG. I graduated from that school, too, you know.”

I frowned. Does he know about what the people say about me?

“I’m going to be okay,” I lied but I had to anyway. Yunho can’t see me break.

“You’re set to walk down the aisle in five, four, three, two, one…”

A soft ballad song started to play in the background the moment the doors opened, revealing both me and my brother. I wandered my eyes around. There were a lot of people that I don’t know. Perhaps, even Sunggyu doesn’t know them. They’re probably our parents’ or his parents’ affiliates or business friends.

There were around 50 seats approximately. Covered with dark gray cloth, they further accentuated the theme of the wedding which is contemporary and modern. There are light pink petals hanging on one string from the ceiling which was also adorned with white cloth. Showering the pathway are also light pink petals. At the end of the aisle was the priest, holding a bible on his chest.

[You can check out the wedding here.]

I held on to my brother’s arm as we both marched down the aisle.

There’s this uneasiness with having the looks from the unfamiliar people. I felt like there’s this huge lump on my throat. I feel nauseous. I feel… lots of emotions right now. I can’t believe a person could feel a lot of emotions at the same time.

When I looked up, my eyes met with Sunggyu’s. He looked dazzling in a tuxedo. His hair was pushed back in a slightly messy ways. He gave me a small smile and I found myself smiling back.

As soon as I reached the end, Sunggyu took over Yunho’s place. I inserted my hand through his arm and together, we both faced the priest.

Dearly beloved: We have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God in creation, and our Lord Jesus Christ adorned this manner of life by his presence and first miracle at a wedding in Cana of Galilee. It signifies to us the mystery of the union between Christ and his Church, and Holy Scripture commends it to be honored among all people.

The union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is God's will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Therefore marriage is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by God.

“Into this holy union Kim Sunggyu and Jung Sooyoung now come to be joined. If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now; or else for ever hold your peace.”

When no one responded, he continued.

“I require and charge you both, here in the presence of God, that if either of you know any reason why you may not be united in marriage lawfully, and in accordance with God's Word, you do now confess it.”

He turned to me. “Sooyoung, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?”

I heaved out a deep sigh. “I will.”

He turned to Sunggyu. “Sunggyu, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

This is it.

“I will,” he replied.

We both spun and faced each other. We took the rings. He took my left hand and placed the ring on my finger. I took his and placed it on his ring finger.

“Now that Sunggyu and Sooyoung have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

“Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder,” he concluded. “Amen.”

“Amen,” the people chorused.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

it's the weddinggg! /throws confetti/ hurrray! bet you can't wait for their pre-honeymoon.

yes, it's pre-honeymoon. because they will have their honeymoon somewhere else.

i'm already doing a lot of spoilers so it's up to you guys if you want to continue reading it.

makes me feel sad that i get less comments though. but that's okay [i think] lol.

anyway, comments would be loved. i love youuuu x