♀ eleven

My Little Bride ♀

 

It took us almost two hours greeting the guests and asking if they were enjoying the food. Of course, they’re enjoying the food. I am enjoying the food. The Plaza has the best catering services ever. Their dishes are delicious, particularly their desserts. I liked that chocolate fountain.

It was weird since I didn’t know 99% of the guests. Maybe I recognized my cousins and my relatives but I had a distant relationship with them. Most of the guests were from Sunggyu’s side. Well-known businessmen, doctors, fashion designers… I even saw prominent comedians and actors as well.

How does Sunggyu know all of them?

After the reception, my parents and his parents told us about a room rented for the both of us. They said it’s for our honeymoon. They were expecting something would happen but I told them I was too young for it and I’m still in high school.

Who would want a baby when you’re still in college?

I mean, I love babies but it would be a problem, taking care of kids while I’m still studying in school. And the worst of all is that people talk about it like it’s a crime.

I tossed myself on the bed and spread my arms. I let out a huge breath and closed my eyes. My energy was drained with all the wedding and the greeting in the reception area. Although the food made it a little better, I’m still exhausted from the wedding. I’m definitely not getting married next time. It’s too strenuous.

Oh, well. As if there’s a next time. Pft.

I flinched when I heard the door close. I forgot that I’m sharing the room with Sunggyu. He was undoing his ribbon, looking worn-out.

I stared at him, wondering what I should say. “Um, hi.” It’s strange because he’s my teacher and music class hasn’t always been my favorite. Not to mention those times when he suddenly appears in my life and annoy the heck out of me. I don’t know why even the smallest actions from this guy vexes me.

Sunggyu glanced at me. “Hey,” he replied. He immediately walked towards me and then plopped down to the bed. “You look tired.”

“And so are you.”

He chuckled. “You should change,” he suggested. “Unless you want to sleep with your wedding dress on.”

“Oh, yeah,” I remarked sarcastically. “That’d be great. I should suggest it to fashion designers who wear pajamas.” I propped myself up and grabbed my duffel bag.

“Hey, Sooyoung?”

I paused and faced him.

“Do you hate me that much?”

I blinked. His question got me speechless.

He waved his hands. “Never mind. You don’t have to answer my question.”

Dance practice has just ended. At last. I almost lost control back there. If Yuri was there, I would be in bigger trouble than I already was. I didn’t want it to happen but things have a way in making my life miserable.

It took every ounce of my self-control to restrain myself from strangling those girls. They were whispering about me being a home-wrecker, calling me and , and accusing me of stealing someone else’s boyfriend. Particularly Yuri’s boyfriend.

I walked right out of the room before anyone else did.

“Sooyoung!”

No, not again. I don’t have any time for his nonsense conversations. I need time to think. I can’t… I can’t deal with this anymore.

“Sooyoung! Hey! Wait up!”

I walked a little faster, ducking my head down. I could feel the curious stares from the students dallying down the hallway. I just want to go home. Suddenly, I felt his hand on my wrist, grabbing me and stopping me from walking away. He’s just too plain stubborn. He turned me around.

“Do you hate me that much?”

I let out a huge sigh, placing both of my hands on the counter. I should stop thinking about Seunghyun now. Even though it’s hard, I have to. I’m married now. Why does every single thing remind me of him? Why do memories have to come back? It’s making it harder for me.

Okay. I gave myself a mental shake and watched my reflection on the mirror.

“This is what you’re going to do, Sooyoung,” I muttered, my eyes locked on my reflection. “You’re going to have to try and forget Seunghyun. Like Jonghyun said, you need to move on. You’re…” I trailed off.

I’m married now.

I lifted my hand and held it in front of me. The diamond on my ring twinkled against the bright light.

I groaned, reaching out my duffel bag. Placing it on the counter, I opened it and rummaged through the clothes I brought. I remember Mom saying that I need to bring apparels for a week since we’ll be having our—this is really awkward, saying it—honeymoon.

So, does that mean I would be missing school for a week then?

But then, won’t it make even more suspicious that Sunggyu would be taking a week off, too?

Okay, now I’m in deeper trouble.

I got the scoop-neck, mint green muscle tee and acid-washed denim jeans from my bag. And where’s the sneakers I put in here? I remembered placing the shoes inside my and then Mom came—

Oh. I bet she got it back and then replaced it with this patent-leather, peach flatsMom told me once when we went to COEX. She said it was so pretty that she wanted to buy it for me. Of course I told her not to since I didn’t like it. Instead, I advised her to buy for herself if she wanted it.

Sometimes, I keep forgetting that Mom herself is as stubborn as I am.

After changing clothes, I draped the wedding dress over my arm and the bag on my shoulder. I decided that maybe I shouldn’t fold the dress. It’s too pretty to fold. When I went out of the room, I half-expected for Sunggyu to sit on the bed and wait for me even if we aren’t pretty much in good terms.

But I was astonished to see him lying on the bed, his eyes closed. He looks exhausted.

I glanced at the digital clock on the bedside table. It’s still eight in the evening. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m also as tired as Sunggyu is.

I tiptoed towards the right side of the bed and tossed my duffel bag. I didn’t want to sleep yet. Looking around, I suddenly have this desire to go around and explore the whole place. It’s too pretty to ignore.

“Oh, hey. You’re done changing.”

I gasped. “You scared me.”

He pushed himself off the bed. “Do you want to go outside?”

Even if I wanted to say no, I’d feel strange without being accompanied. Who knows what would happen to me if I was alone. “I was planning to,” I admitted, running my hand through my hair. “Would you like to come?”

He nodded, his lips giving way to a smile. “Yeah, sure. Let me change for a minute.”

Few minutes later, both of us went out of the room. Sunggyu inserted the hotel card in his back pocket. After that, he placed his hand on my back and motioned me to the elevator. We walked in uncomfortable silence. I didn’t know what to say. And besides, none of us intends to strike up a conversation.

“Do you want to eat?” Sunggyu proposed. When the elevator doors opened, he moved closer to me to make way for an older couple. Both of us greeted them with a bow and they responded.

I nodded, my back facing him. “You know any good place?”

“Yeah, I’ve been here before,” he answered. “Let’s try the Tuscany.”

I shrugged. “Okay, whatever floats your boat.”

He didn’t respond. Maybe I made him mad? Did I sound too—

“Hey!”

He laughed after poking my nose all of a sudden. I don’t like anyone poking my nose. I’m pretty sensitive when it comes to poking my nose because I used to believe that if someone pokes your nose, it will never grow. When I was a kid, someone used to poke my nose as well. I just don’t remember who that is.

“Are you a newlywed couple?” the Grandma asked with a smile.

I didn’t answer. Sunggyu must’ve expected me to answer it because he was quit, too. Five seconds later, he replied, “Um, yeah. We are. We just got married hours ago.”

“Oh! You’re the couple who got married at Xystum House, right?” she asks.

He nodded. “Yes.”

“Congratulations!” she greeted and leaned for a bow. Her husband did the same thing. “You look so good together. I remember when my husband and I got married, too. But we did it at the church. It was a simple wedding that we had. Even though it’s like that, I was very happy. Until now, I’m still happy with him. I hope you don’t regret it.”

Oh, grandma. You don’t know even half of it.

When we reached the second floor, Sunggyu led me to the restaurant. Of course, I took the time to sightsee. There were lots of costumers. Rich-looking customers. When my parents agreed to have the wedding at The Plaza, I wondered if they paid for it, too.

I bet Sunggyu’s parents paid for everything. My parents can’t even buy me a new phone.

We weren’t exactly rich but not exactly poor either. We’re in the middle class—which is one of the reasons why Seunghyun’s parents didn’t want their son to date me.

A waiter greeted us at the entrance. He immediately led us to a table for two and handed out the menu. I told Sunggyu to order for the both of us since I haven’t got any clue on which food tastes better. Besides, the names of the dishes were very… new.

“We’ll have the Chef’s Tasting Menu,” he says knowledgeably. I shot him a staggered look. “For the dessert—um, by the way, can you serve the dessert later?—we’ll have the Ice cream and sherbet of seasonal fresh fruits, almond tuile and Tasting of fine cheese with homemade campote.” He glanced at me. “Do you want to go for wine or soda?”

I turned to the waiter. “I’ll have a coke.”

“Me, too,” Sunggyu stated. “That’s all.”

When the waiter left, we were left alone with silence. I leaned back, crossed my arms on her chest and browsed through the entire place. Maybe I’ll see someone familiar.

“You had enough wine at the reception, haven’t you?” Sunggyu asked.

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“Your stomach didn’t take it well,” he stated like he knew me. And yes, my stomach didn’t really take it well. I almost went to the bathroom but had to hold it in because of the guest. “I told my parents not to serve wine.”

It feels strange because he really seems to know me so well. “Wow, it’s weird,” I blurted out.

He gazed at me, amusement written all over his face. “What’s weird?”

“That you know me,” I told him. “You know me than I know myself. I’m not even supposed to say anything because… really, I feel strange. It annoys me, too.” I knew, at that moment, I won’t be able to stop. That amused look on his face bothered me so much.

He didn’t even say anything.

“Why can’t I remember you?” I asked.

He chuckled weakly. “Sooyoung, if I know the answer to that, I would’ve told you.”

“Then why would you agree to this?” I wanted to know. “I’m 17 years old, Sunggyu. You could’ve chosen someone who is the same age as you, like Choi seonsangnim.” Students call her Shikshin—because she eats a lot but never gets fat—and she’s really pretty, too. “I don’t get it at all. And now I’m really bothered by you acting like you don’t even care that this is happening to you. You’re married to a seventeen-year-old, hopeless and grieving girl. Doesn’t that bother you?”

He shook his head. “Not really.”

I scowled. “I don’t get you at all.”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

finalllly, the wedding is done. and now the drama will start... chapters later. /laughs/

no, really. i'm not so sure when the drama starts but i feel like this story is going to be sort

of fluffy and all. i have finally written the drafts and came close to finishing the entire

story. and look at the foreword for another banner made by lucky bead! i'm so lucky to

have her. i swear. so this chap is for her, wohoo. i'm planning on a new story soon. it's

going to be about friendship and there won't be any OCs there. but there will be exo and

my new ship, of course♡ so, comments? suggestions? violent reactions?

and i kind of edited the last part, wherein zinger was there. i forgot to proofread it.

be nice to me, xoxo.