♀ twenty - seven

My Little Bride ♀

 

The week was almost over. I haven’t realized that until now that I think about it. Tomorrow, we’re back to reality. I have to go back to Seoul and suffer eight hours of lectures and projects. I would’ve preferred living here in Maldives if I could but that would be just impossible.

After breakfast, we headed over to the watersports beach to seize the rest of the time. On our way there, we tried to jot down all we’ve tried—like wind surfing, snorkeling—and those we haven’t in this resort.

But I couldn’t think.

Somehow, my mind found its way back to what happened this morning. I gulped, blushing furiously. Out of the blue, I squeezed Sunggyu’s hand tightly which was intertwined with mine. He shot me a quizzical look and I vigorously shook my head.

I couldn’t forget about it. I mean, how could I? That was our first… our first make out session.

When we reached the water sports beach, I honestly expected to see Min-seok, Zinger and their family again. Based on the last few days, they have been showing up wherever we go. But I don’t mind. I don’t mind if it’s Min-seok who shows up and annoys me. He’s my friend.

Zinger is just one annoying woman.

The moment we spotted Zinger talking to someone, I let out an inward groan. Like what I said, I had expected to see her. She is where Sunggyu is. I swear that woman can just stalk Sunggyu all day.

She waved at our direction when she saw us.

“She’s here,” I blurted out unknowingly.

Sunggyu chuckled, giving a peck on my forehead. I so wanted to take it back. What if he thinks I’m jealous? That would just benefit his ego. “Don’t worry. I won’t go astray again,” he reassured. “I’ll be next to you all the time. Of course, in case that Min-seok guy comes to you, I can just tell him what happened this—”

“Hey!” I smacked his arm.

He laughed. “What? Were you embarrassed because of it?”

A light blush crept on my cheeks. “I-I’m not!”

“Besides, we’re married,” he reasoned out. “It’s not like it’s a bad—”

“Hey, Sunggyu!” Zinger cuts him off casually, acting like he wasn’t even talking to me. She gave him a bright smile while I received a nonchalant wave. She didn’t even look at me for more than two seconds. “What took you so long?”

Sunggyu looked over me with an amused expression. “Well, we sort of had a busy morning.”

I blushed, averting my gaze.

“What about we head over—”

Sunggyu waved his hand. “I can’t,” he refused. “I’m sorry, Hana, but today’s our last day. I’m planning on spending it with my wife. This is our last day for honeymoon so I’m sorry. We’ll see each other soon anyway.”

I wanted to smile. I wanted to laugh at her. For once, I actually wanted to tell her to back off. But I didn’t. Besides, I didn’t want any trouble while I’m in a beautiful place. I bit my lip, trying to hold back a smile. Wandering my eyes around, I pretended to enjoy the view.

“I’ll see you soon.”

Sunggyu tugged on my wrist, dragging me to the opposite direction. I heard Zinger murmur something to Min-seok who was as confused as Zinger was, telling him, “I don’t know what got into him” and stuff. Maybe she was very disappointed. Maybe she was expecting that Sunggyu would ditch me for her.

I was happy. I don’t want to admit it because Sunggyu might assume things, saying that I like him and that I was jealous of Zinger. Heck, I was jealous when Sunggyu left with Zinger, leaving me with Min-seok. Even if Min-seok is a good company, it doesn’t compare to what I feel when I’m with Sunggyu.

I feel safe with Sunggyu. It’s like I don’t have to worry about anything at all.

“What are we going to do?” I wanted to know.

Sunggyu lifted my hand, giving it a light kiss. “What do you want to do?”

I shrugged. “I don’t really know,” I admitted. “Considering that it’s our last day in Maldives, I feel so gloomy. I want to stay here. I don’t have to worry about anything… except for a couple of things, of course.” I meant Zinger.

He smiled, elbowing me on the arm. “Jealous kid.”

“I’m not a kid,” I argued, hitting him as hard as I could.

“But you’re jealous,” he insisted, taking hold of my hands and heaving me towards him. “Admit it. You were jealous when I was with Zinger all the time. You have to admit it. I came clean about my jealousy towards Min-seok.”

I tried to yank my hands from his grasp, squirming uncomfortably. Other passersby were watching us with smiles on their faces. Probably enjoying the show or something. I wasn’t even amused by it.

“I don’t like how the other guys are looking at you,” Sunggyu declared, linking our hands together. “They keep checking you from head to toe and they don’t even notice me. And there you are, complaining secretly about how I always spend time with Zinger when I should’ve been complaining about these guys.”

“It’s not my fault they like to check me out,” I teased, smirking.

He scowled. “Yeah, it isn’t. You should start wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants.”

I gasped. “Why should I? It’s too hot!”

“How about this?” he offered. “Let’s play a game. Whoever reaches that wavebreaker last must do what the winner says. If I win, I want you to admit that you were jealous with Zinger and tell me why you’re jealous. Also, I don’t want you to wear these cropped shirts and denim shorts. If you win, I’ll shout how much I… you will know later.”

“How much what?” I prompted.

He winked at me. “Later. If you win, of course, which I know won’t happen.”

I crossed my hands on my chest. “You sound confident.”

“Of course,” he boasted. “I’ll even let you run first. Then I’ll run after five seconds.”

I shook his hand. “Deal.”

We both went to the water sports equipment house as a starting point. I was confident to win. For all I know, I could win this. I’m a teenager. Teenagers have a lot of energy so it’s no doubt that I win. Sunggyu must have spent his entire time teaching, sitting and checking papers or whatever. He’s probably slow.

And besides, I can’t admit that I’m jealous. Even if he wins, I won’t admit it.

Technically, I don’t really know why I was disturbed when Sunggyu discarded me just to hang out with Zinger. I have been thinking about it for days, trying to come up with logical reasons. I ended up with the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, I have developed feelings for Sunggyu.

It’s been weeks that I’ve successfully overlooked my memories with Seunghyun. Just like what my mother had said, I needed to move on and forget about Seunghyun. I have Sunggyu now. I need to focus on him.

And he was making it easy. Sunggyu is a sweet guy, even if I was the total opposite and even if I acted like a complete to him from the start.

Sighing, my eyes rested at Sunggyu who was talking to the guy-in-charge of the water sports equipment house. He was perfect. Not to mention those well-built body and eye-smiles. Even if he had a single eyelid, he still looked stunning to me. I didn’t care if he had flaws. Sunggyu is the only person who would ignore my y personality and tell me it’s fine if I make mistakes. He’s the only person who really cared.

Jealousy is a scary thing. It’s love and hate at the same time. I was jealous and upset when Sunggyu chose to be with Zinger than he chose to be with me. Maybe because I was so scared to lose him. I was so scared that I would lose him like how scared I was when I almost lost Seunghyun, too, with Yuri.

I reentered those memories I had with him. Our first kiss was at the wedding. It was amazing even if it didn’t last for more than a second. I was too scared. It’s been two years since I kissed someone else than Seunghyun. And that time when we were at our room in the hotel. When I was sitting on top of him and we were just… oh, god.

Sunggyu’s kisses were so soft and how she always feels butterflies at his touches. He was gentle, from the start to the end. It was scary. No, it was nerve-wracking but I couldn’t help but to feel right about it. He made me feel safe, feel loved. How my heart would just start beating so hard whenever he’s near me or when he’s about to kiss me.

You love him.

My stomach felt butterflies at the thought of me falling in love again. An explosion of emotions gushed inside me. I was scared, nervous… I didn’t know… So, I love Sunggyu. I’m in love with Sunggyu.

It was then I realized that Sunggyu was saying something but I can’t seem to hear what it was. I just started running. One way or another, I wasn’t determined to win anymore.

Sunggyu flew past me, giving me a smirk. As soon as he reached the wavebreaker, he did a happy dance.

“Okay, now you have to do what I told you to do,” Sunggyu says in between huffs. “I told you I would win. You think I spent 22 years sitting around and checking papers?”

The world seems so slow. “Sunggyu, I was…” I started, scrutinizing his face. “I was jealous of Zinger. I was jealous because I… I love you, Kim Sunggyu.”

He stared at me, unable to comprehend what was going on. Astonishment colored his face. I was starting to lose hope, thinking that he probably doesn’t feel the same way that I do. Maybe I was too fast or maybe I was making the wrong assumptions.

“But it’s okay!” I added quickly. “I mean, you don’t have to answer me or anything if you don’t feel the same way. I just realized that now. I have been acting like—”

He cuts me off with an abrupt kiss. Millions of questions dashed inside my mind. Was he happy? Does he like me back, too? Does he feel the same way? I was curious to know the answer myself. But Sunggyu was making it hard.

It was my first time to say the words first. Seunghyun made the first move back then.

He cupped my face in both of his hands as he pulls away. “You don’t know how long I’ve waited to hear you say that.”

“And I’m sorry for everything that—”

“Doesn’t really matter now,” Sunggyu interrupted me, his lips brushing my forehead lightly. “I’ve heard what I wanted to hear now. And I love you, too, Jung Sooyoung. I have loved you for a long time now.”

My eyes widened. “What? Y-you do?” I stammered.

He nodded. “I do. You were just too dense to notice it.”

“I wasn’t! I was just—”

He pecked my lips, cutting me off. “You can stop talking now.”

“And you can stop kissing me.”

“No way. Now that you’ve told me the truth, nothing’s stopping me.”

“You ert.”

“You love me anyway.”

I scowled. “I can’t argue with that.”

 

prelims are keeping me busy, sorry for lack of updates. booo ;~;