♂ twenty

My Little Bride ♀

 

“Why won’t you tell me where we’re going?” He woke me up at five in the morning and told me to get ready in ten minutes. While I was taking a shower, I kept thinking what even could possibly happen today. I almost forgot that it was autumn break, which means I have a week or two to spend the honeymoon with Sunggyu.

After having a shower, I found four suitcases on the bed. That’s when I realized that Sunggyu must have already planned this beforehand since I didn’t practically do much—even in packing. I grabbed the nearest shirt and shorts I could find in my closet and immediately wore them. Running downstairs, I found Sunggyu packing few boxes of food and placing them near the door.

I had my breakfast on our way to the airport. He packed my usual breakfast and brought it with us, in case I get hungry or want to grab some snacks. I could always eat my sandwich in a rush. As a matter of fact, ever since he woke me up, we’ve always been in a rush.

I leaned back, laying my head on the headrest. It wasn’t my first time on riding an airplane but I can’t always avoid being scared when the plane finally takes off. Earlier, I told Sunggyu I wanted to take the seat next to the window. I don’t know why I want to sit there but it makes me feel safe.

Sunggyu shot me his cocky smirk. “You will know once we get there.”

I pursed my lips in annoyance. Just because we’re in good terms, he returned to his normal self and started treating me the same way before. His “I miss you” still keeps on repeating inside my head. Groaning inwardly, I tried to aside my thoughts of him.

“You can rest on my shoulder,” says Sunggyu, shrugging his shoulder. Glancing at me, he darted me his cocky grin.

I jeered. “In your dreams.”

Few minutes later, the plane finally takes off, hovering in midair. I felt airsick for a couple of seconds but it disappeared immediately. Closing my eyes, I wished the queasy feeling would go away. I felt Sunggyu moving but I didn’t open my eyes. The next thing I knew he was pulling my head, bringing it on his shoulder.

“Don’t be so stubborn,” he murmured, his cheek pressed against the top of my head. “It’s not like I don’t know you.”

I don’t know long I was asleep but when I woke up, I could only see the color blue from the window. I leaned closer for a clearer view of where we are. Deep blue seas, turquoise reefs, white sandy beaches and palm trees… holy crap. This is…? Oh crap.

Getting off the plane, I tried to compose myself from freaking out. I’m in Maldives. I’m in ingMaldives, for Pete’s sake. I couldn’t speak. I was too shocked that I needed time to think it through. The words “I’m in Maldives” seemed to be stuck on replay in my mind. I still can’t believe it. This is too impossible.

For my entire life, I’ve wanted to go to Maldives. This kind of marriage was way out of my bucketlist but still, I wanted to go to Maldives once in my life. Sunggyu kept smiling the whole time but he didn’t say anything. I was too absorbed in my own little world to even care.

Sunggyu informed me that we’d be staying at the Lily Beach Resort & Spa for the entire week, or until next week, if I wanted to. He told me that I could decide any date we want to return as long as we don’t stay for more than one month. The hotel we’re staying in is a 25-minute ride via motorboat from the airport.

In a few minutes, I could see a small miniature of an island. I felt a burst of excitement but refrained from squealing in excitement. The closer we get to the place, the more excited I get. Sunggyu watched me in amusement.

“Come on,” he urged, grabbing my hand. I draped one duffel bag over my shoulder and pulled one suitcase. “We have to check in now.”

A tanned-skin guy wearing blue shirt and white shorts came over to greet us. He looked half-Asian half-Caucasian so I wondered if he speaks Korean. At least Sunggyu and I both understand English, we won’t have trouble talking to him.

“Hello!” he greeted vivaciously, waving his hands. “Welcome to Maldives! Are you Mr. & Mrs. Kim?” He spoke in English with an Asian accent but nevertheless, it was faultless.

Sunggyu nodded with a smile. “Yes,” he replied in English. “I made the reservations the other day. And I also called the resort about me coming here today.”

The guy nodded. “Ah, yes. Thank you for coming to Maldives! My name is Aaron and I’ll be your guide today,” he explained. “Let me guide you to your suite.”

“Thank you,” Sunggyu answered back, tugging on my wrist. I fixed the strap of the duffel bag on my shoulder and followed Sunggyu. Scrutinizing the ambiances, a smile etches on my lips as I absorb the beautiful sceneries around me. The blue waters. The white sands. The reefs. It was just… breathtaking.

It took us a couple of minutes to reach our suite. When we got there, Aaron started explaining.

“This is the Sunset Water Suite,” Aaron elaborates, clasping his palms together. “Sunset Water Suite offers a panoramic view of the mesmerizing turquoise waters, rare proximity of the exotic house reef and direct access to lagoon. The room is air-conditioned and it has a sun deck. The room has satellite TV, private Jacuzzi and more. You also have Wi-Fi internet access. If you have any questions or requests, you can use our IDD telephone lines to call the main house and you can reach me there.”

Sunggyu bowed. “Thank you very much.” He reached for a dollar and handed it to Aaron. “Here. It’s a tip.”

Aaron bent forward. “Thank you very much, Mr. Kim. Please enjoy your stay!”

I didn’t notice Aaron leaving. The first thing I did when we entered the room was running towards the sundeck. We also have our private Jacuzzi, which makes everything a million times better. Then there’s the sea and its famous white sands. It’s just like a dream.

“Do you like it?”

I wheeled around, shooting Sunggyu a smile. I lightly nod, tucking a strand behind my ear. Like it? I love it. Who wouldn’t love this?

I felt a warm presence next to me. I didn’t dare to look to my side because I knew who it was. Besides, I was too occupied, enjoying the magnificent scene. “I love it,” I whispered. “But it must’ve been expensive.”

Sunggyu waved his hand. “It’s alright. I’m glad you like it.”

I shook my head. “I love it, Sunggyu.” Turning, I met his eyes. “Thank you.”

He looked surprised for a moment but caught himself right away. He blinked, clearing his throat. “No problem,” he countered. “What do you want to do?”

I sighed. “There are a lot of things I want to do,” I told him. “But I don’t know which one to do first. I’m quite confused, actually. , look at the sea! It’s so… blue. Sunggyu, it’s so pretty. I swear. I’m so glad right now that I’m rambling nonsense things.”

Sunggyu chuckled. “We have a week.”

I frowned. “I want to stay here until next week. Besides, autumn break is for two weeks. I don’t want to stay in Seoul for a week and do nothing.”

“We can do that.”

I smiled. “Maldives is so beautiful.”

He grasped my hand and startlingly, I didn’t refuse. I let him hold my hand. “Come on.” He tugs on my hand. “Let’s go eat first. After that, we can rest outside. Tomorrow, the real adventure starts.”

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

omg, they're finally in maldives! look out, they'll def have a y scene, otl.

even if it was a fail one, but that's okay. at least i tried, riiiiiiight? c:

leave some comments and make me happy. also, check out my new story.