♀ three

My Little Bride ♀

 

Present time

Seoul, South Korea

It’s been almost two years ever since Seunghyun left.

Two awful years.

After I was discharged from the hospital, mom recommended me to stay for at least two days before I go back to school. I didn’t really know why I had to stay at home. Besides, I had enough rest for my strength to restore. But I still followed her anyway.

While I was at home, I tried to call Seunghyun’s mother. At least to comfort her.

We used to talk a lot over the phone. She was my second mother, next to my mother, of course. We talk for hours about boys, school and deep stuff. I was able to tell her things I couldn’t tell my mom. I’ve been to their house twice, too, and boy, did I enjoy going there. His mom was pretty cool.

But it was never the same.

Ever since that accident, his mom had drifted away. Our relationship wasn’t the way it was before. And I missed it.

I couldn’t blame her though. She must’ve been really mad at me.

When I went back to school, something weird happened. Or maybe everything has changed ever since I had that accident.

Everyone was giving me the weird looks. Like I had an incurable disease and they didn’t want to get close to me. The people I used to hang out with during lunch time were gone. Those who I hang out with during dance practices are also gone. Everyone seems to hate partnering with me when we have laboratory activities.

And then I realized that they were being like this because of what happened to Seunghyun.

Choi Seunghyun wasn’t just an ordinary student. He was everybody’s guy. The teachers like him because of his wit and politeness. The female students desire him. The male students want to be his friends. Besides being the basketball’s team captain, Seunghyun is a sweet guy. He’s very approachable and generous.

On the other hand, they called me the concubine.

Seunghyun and Yuri dated for a year before he left her for me. They were the it couple. The couple that made everyone jealous. The couple that everyone thought was perfect. Truth be told, Seunghyun never really loved Yuri.

Seunghyun is the well-known heir of the Choi Corporations that own successful and multi-billionaire advertising company. Not only do they own an advertising company but they also own two five-star hotels in Europe. Yuri was the heiress to the Kwon Cosmetics, a notorious cosmetics company that has more than 500 branches worldwide. Everyone just had that general thought of the both of them as the perfect couple.

Gradually, Seunghyun was forced to date Yuri. His father thought it would be a nice opportunity to merge with the Kwon Cosmetics, considering they had made a name in the world of business.

Yuri must’ve thought that Seunghyun really loved her.

And then I came in the picture. I met Seunghyun during a dance competition back in Busan. He was there for promoting their business when we saw each other. He was wearing this expensive suit and his hair was pushed back. It was probably love at first sight for me. He was completely breathtaking.

So, we started going out as friends.

He told me he thinks I’m amusing. I told him he’s a conceited jerk. And he just laughed.

During that two-day trip in Busan, we fell in love.

And that’s when the school knew about what happened.

Ever since then, I had to suffer and pretend that I didn’t care about what other people call me. , , man-eater, home-wrecker… I’ve been through a lot worse. But Seunghyun never left my side.

No matter how much his parents or his friends persuaded him to leave me, he didn’t budge. Instead, he sided with me.

One day, his friends just left him.

He became an outcast because he went out with me. I tried to break things off with him but he was too stubborn, telling me that he loves me and that he would be willing to protect me. I told him that he was better off with me.

And like I said, he was too stubborn to even let go.

Furthermore, after the accident happened, my situation got worse. It got them thinking that not only was I a home-wrecker but also a murderer.

I tried to rationalize myself but nobody would listen.

I guess the world wasn’t on my side, too.

Ever since then, I directed all my attention to dancing. I ignored the rumors and the labels. I survived without having friends. I worked on my homework alone. I worked on projects alone. I didn’t force others to like me.

Besides, I wasn’t given the second chance to live to please others.

♀ ________________________________________________________ 

sorry for not being active these past few days. my schedule's been tight. and i've been...

doing things. wohoooo, can you guys please comment so i'll know how i've been

doing? makes me sad that you guys don't ;_____;

to those who will leave a comment, you get to win my heart x