♂ thirty - six

My Little Bride ♀

 

“Oppa, at least eat something.”

I shook my head weakly, ignoring Gayoon’s words. I stared at the food in front of me without fascination and wondered how long it will be before it’s nighttime. I just want to sleep. I just want to lay in my bed and ignore the world. It’s so much better that way.

My parents have been calling me, trying to ask how I was but I didn’t want to answer them. Instead, Gayoon and Myungsoo came over to live with me. In our house. The house that Sooyoung and I both own.

But now, it feels so empty without her.

Yunho told me she’s staying at their house. It was better than her staying at someone else’s house. Another thing Yunho told me was the fact that Jonghyun has been her confidante these past few months that we’re not together. Every time I ask Yunho about Sooyoung, he always adds in the sorry part.

Of course, I tell him it’s fine. I’m too tired to get angry at it.

“I’m not hungry,” I mutter feebly, wallowing.

“I’ve worked my off for this cream spaghetti,” Gayoon threw in. “I think I would want a definite reaction this time? Come on. It’s paradise. I promise.”

Myungsoo scoffed, rolling his eyes. “You’re always not hungry, hyung. At least take one spoon and I would be reassured. Gayoon noona spent a lot of time cooking for you and you’re just going to say that you’re not hungry? Not exactly what Gayoon noona want as an answer.”

I shot him a stern glare. “I’m not hungry.”

Gayoon squeezes my arm. “Now, now,” she urged. “Don’t get mad. I swear, you’re feistier than mother. That’s why I’m not skeptic that you’re mother’s favorite son. You’re exactly like her. If you didn’t want this to happen, then why would you let her go, oppa?”

I rolled my eyes. If only she knew what really happened, she wouldn’t ask me these questions.

I leaned back, crossing my arms. I wasn’t in the mood to answer anything they were asking. But these kids could be as annoying and persistent as I am. I don’t expect them to be quiet the entire day.

“I bet Sooyoung noona thinks of you, too,” Myungsoo stated, twirling the spaghetti with his fork. “I mean, yes, she might not be over that Seunghyun guy or something, but I see the way you two look at each other at the party. I’m not stupid. And I’ve never been in love but… I just know.”

I chuckled weakly. “You’re too young to know that.”

“But Sooyoung is a nice girl.” Gayoon shrugged. “I mean, she’s my age and I met her at the party. She’s really nice but definitely obstinate. I say she’s the perfect match for you, oppa. I swear.”

I rolled my eyes. What’s with the pep talk?

“I saw Zinger noona one time, hyung,” Myungsoo stated, sipping his orange juice.

Gayoon gasped. “Yah, Kim Sunggyu, are you planning on…?”

I scoffed. “Whatever you’re thinking isn’t happening. I didn’t ask for that to happen. I swear. I was even surprised when I saw her few days before Sooyoung’s party.”

“She’s been here for months now?” Gayoon looked surprised. “But what would she be doing here?”

“She said she came here to see me,” I admitted.

“Does she know where you live, hyung?” Myungsoo asked.

I didn’t want to lie. These past few months without Sooyoung had been… really, really meaningless. Zinger knew what happened, thanks to the talkative Yunho for that, of course. As soon as she heard about it, she immediately came to me, offering help.

Of course, I couldn’t say no. I was… lifeless. At that point, I couldn’t apprehend what I was doing or what I was even saying.

“She knows where you live.” Gayoon stated it like it was a bad thing, eyeing me curiously. “Oh, my god. Those vegetables, fruits and stuff she bought for you the other day were for you. You’re… she’s actually… oppa, what are you doing?”

“I’m not doing anything,” I replied innocently, motioning on the food in front of him.

Gayoon rolled her eyes. “It’s not what I meant. What are you doing, letting Zinger unnie come over? What if Sooyoung sees you and her together? She’s going to think something’s wrong!”

I leered at her. “That’s my point. I don’t even know if she would even see me or she would ever visit this house. Besides, I only put up with Zinger because she takes care of the food resources and the cleaning. I mean, how can I say no to that? I don’t like her in that way, if that’s what you’re thinking, Gayoon. I still love Sooyoung.”

Myungsoo chuckled. “But you never know what Zinger noona is going to do. The last time you dated her, she actually went through the rest of your history and eventually called you an obsessed e who likes girls five years younger than you. I mean, the only person you ever liked so much was Sooyoung noona but still… it was rather strange for Zinger noona to do that. Like… like she was obsessed with you, too.”

“Do you trust her enough to not say anything to Sooyoung?” Gayoon added snottily. “I mean, bearing in mind that your relationship with Sooyoung is almost wiped out, I do not doubt that Zinger unnie is planning something.”

I scratched the back of my neck. “I’m pretty sure she won’t do anything like to completely destroy my relationship with Sooyoung, Gayoon.”

Myungsoo chuckled in disbelief. “Yeah, like I’m going to believe that. Last time she was with us, she was jealous of me, hyung. She was jealous of me having your undivided attention instead of giving it to her. She even made us fight each other. Don’t you remember it?”

“What’s your point?” I casted both of them quizzical looks.

“That maybe, Zinger unnie is somewhere right now with Sooyoung and telling her the most ridiculous things ever,” Gayoon answered, waving her hands dismissively. “You really have to get Sooyoung back. I know, I know. I’m 18 years old and I’m supposed to be a college girl who complains about school and how the professors for giving us numerous exercises. But I’m not stupid. Go get Sooyoung back. You look happier with her.”

“That’s the problem.” I sighed dejectedly, taking the fork in my hand. “I don’t know if I can ever get her back. With me pushing her away and ignoring her calls for the past few months. I don’t think it’s possible anymore.”

“It is,” Gayoon urged, winking at me. “In love, everything is possible.”

“Who are you and what have you done to my sister?” I teased.

Myungsoo had his second round of the cream spaghetti. “Unnie gets a little philosophic at times when she needed to be,” he stated. “One time, I was dating this girl last year and I really liked her. But I was never the one to confess so I didn’t. Then unnie told me to man up and started blabbering about… Oprah-related things. But you know, what’s the funny thing about it?”

“What?” Both Gayoon and I prompted.

“It makes sense,” Myungsoo concluded.

“Why would it be funny?” Gayoon rolled her eyes. “I always make sense.”

“Yeah, but you’re a hypocrite,” Myungsoo directed, raising an eyebrow towards her. “You don’t even follow your advices if you’re the one in trouble.”

Gayoon leaned back, looking defensive. “What—when did this conversation turn to me?”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re so sensitive.”

The three of us heard a ring from the other room, surprising us. I was too lazy to get up so I motioned for Myungsoo to get it. Of course, he had to oblige. I was older, after all. Myungsoo pushed himself off the seat and shot me an annoyed look before leaving.

The ringing stopped as soon as he took the phone.

“Hello?”

I blocked myself from listening to the rest of the conversation. However, Gayoon had impeccably and miraculously forced me to eat after a long time of talking to each other. And she was right. Her cream spaghetti was heaven.

“How did you get so smart?” I asked Gayoon, nibbling on my food.

Gayoon grinned. “When I realized that the two of you need me.”

“This is amazing,” I commented.

“Are you saying that because it really is amazing?” Gayoon shot me a quizzical look. “Or are you saying that just because you haven’t eaten for days or months?”

I laughed. “Maybe the second one?” Smack. “Okay, it was the first one. And just because I haven’t eaten for days doesn’t mean I’m really hungry. I’m just… this is really amazing. And I’m being honest right now. I could have this for the entire day.”

She giggled. “You’re such—”

“Hyung.” I turned around, smiling. But it soon disappeared when I saw the distressed look on his face. It bore bad news. I was so sure of it. “It’s Sooyoung noona.”

I felt a huge lump on my throat. “W-what?”

“She got into an accident.”

And just like that, I felt the spaghetti threatening to come out.

 

now this is the real chap 36, sorry guys. /sobs

 

didn't proofread 'cause i thought i owe you guys an update.

and i was sick yesterday, and had major exams that's why i couldn't update.

so sorry guys. authornim was just in a state of... mild depression? lol