Morning Mayhem

Gamer to Player

I was woken up by a feeling of something clutching my arm. It was so weird, I swore I slept alone. I was worried it might be a weird stalker or a really crazy person who broke into my house while I was sleeping. I was freaked out but I had to do it. I opened my eyes and saw a span of brown-red hair and a very beautiful sleeping face. What?

“HOLY-!!” I practically jumped and fell from the bed with a loud thud. Taemin was sleeping beside me on my bed. Everyone would have the same reaction. Unfortunately I twisted my right shoulder when I landed and it hurt a lot.

“Hn? Hyung?” Taemin sat up and rubbed his eyes. He saw me pathetically groaning on the floor and he jumped up to help me up.

“Hyung, what happened? Why are you on the floor? Are you in pain?” I sat on the bed and he stood in front of me.

“Fell down and twisted my shoulder. It hurts a bit but I’ll be okay… I guess…” He squeaked and started panicking.

“Oh no, oh no. We should do something about it. Lay down on your stomach and I’ll try to massage it, okay? Take off your shirt.” I looked up at Taemin, who was mysteriously wearing my clothes and frowned.

“What? No, I’ll be okay, really. I’ll just move it around and it’ll be okay in no time.” Taemin whined and reached for the buttons on my pajamas.

“Just do it hyung, I’ll get better sooner if I massage it. I know about this stuff because I dance, so rest assured, okay?” I just sighed and nodded. This kid truly took after Key. I was really glad that Taemin stayed behind to take care of me, though. It was really nice of him. He was basically offering his help to me, a stranger. He’s really a good kid.

“But I don’t want to take my shirt off, it’s embarrassing.” Taemin clicked his tongue and took off my pajama top, almost ripping it! I was shirtless, sitting on the bed with a twisted shoulder. I tried my hardest to cover my torso with my left hand but it was useless.

“Y-yah! Don’t do that!” I hated being topless in front of someone. It’s too embarrassing…

“Hyuung you have a great body. Be quiet now and lay down.” That was… Ahem. No, I wasn’t blushing. At least no t that much… I mean, a beautiful guy just complimented you. Of course you’d get embarrassed. I just obeyed him and lay down on my stomach.

“Now just relax, okay?” He straddled my waist and squirted some lotion on my shoulder. Then he started applying some pressure on it. Taemin really did know what he was doing. It felt really good. He was putting enough pressure on the perfect places. I was holding my moans but when he glided his fingers over that spot near my neck I couldn’t help to moan out loud. He had these magic fingers, I swear. But then…

“Oh God! Taemin! Oh my God! That hurts! Stop, stop, stop, stop!” He squeezed the source of my aching shoulder and it hurt so bad.

“Hyung, I have to do this or it’ll hurt more later! It’ll feel better, I swear!” I groaned and kicked my feet around. He squeezed even harder and I half-screamed.

“Taemin! Oh God, be gentler!” He did slow down and it got better. Suddenly my bedroom door slammed open.

“Oh my God, what are you guys doing?!” Key screeched and pulled Taemin away from me. What was his problem. I sat up and moved my shoulder. It really did feel better.

“Morning Key. Why are you already screaming this early in the morning?” Taemin smiled at Key who was pale. Jonghyun came in and he had this annoying grin on his face.

“Why are you guys barging in to my apartment without invitation? Sheesh, guys.” Key turned his head to me and glared daggers.

“I wanted to check on you guys, thinking you were still asleep. But no, I just had to see you… doing that! What on earth were you even doing?!” Key snapped at me for no clear reason! I thought it was a bad omen in the beginning of the day.

“What were they doing anyway, Key?” Jonghyun asked with a smirk.

“Taemin was sitting on Jinki’s back and Jinki was screaming something about Taemin being gentler to him! I even heard Taemin saying something about feeling better. Jonghyun, just look at them! Taemin’s in Jinki’s clothes and Jinki’s shirtless! Tell me what they were doing!” Key was freaking out. I was freaking out as well! A freaked out Key was scarier than an ugly swamp monster or the zombie banshee.

“Oh I don’t know, Key. I don’t think they can have with their pants on.” Jonghyun laughed.

What? ? Me and Taemin? What was Key thinking?

“What?! No!” Taemin and I said in unison, flailing our arms around.

“Key! Why did you even think like that?! Jinki hyung twisted his shoulder and I was just giving him a back massage! I don’t believe it, Key! How could you think that we’re having !” Taemin’s face was red and so was mine…

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Key! Oh God, why is this happening so early in the morning…” I buried my face in my hands and I could feel it burning up even up to my ears. Not because of the fever, but because of the embarrassment! Well, at least my fever was gone.

“Well you two should stop giving people ideas! Screaming words like that so early in the morning… Wearing something inappropriate too…” Key harrumphed and I think he stomped the floor. I looked up to see his cheeks puffed out and his arms crossed in front of his chest. Taemin was looking down to the floor, fiddling my yellow shirt that he was wearing. Jonghyun? He was laughing his off. That bastard.

“Oh Key… Cut them some slack. It was just a huge misunderstanding. At least Jinki hyung is feeling better now right?” Jonghyun back hugged Key and rested his chin on Key’s shoulder. Key shrugged and squirmed, trying to get away from Jonghyun.

“Get off of me, Jjong. I’m pissed off.” Jonghyun only hugged him tighter and kissed his neck. Key visibly shivered and roughly pushed him away. This must be one of Key’s totally random and violent mood swings.

“Stop it! Gosh, Jjong! Stop being so childish! Stay away from me!” Key glared at Jonghyun who was really, really hurt. I pity their little game of chase… Jonghyun was clearly madly in love with Key, but Key showed mixed signals about his feelings. Jonghyun sometimes came to me if things were unbearable and I would just listen even if I couldn’t provide him answers but he was already thankful.

Love is such a complicated thing. And I believed strongly in that. The only love I believe in was the love between my parents. Relationships of the people around me were so very complicated and sometimes they end really badly. I once read an article of a guy committing suicide because he was left by his girlfriend. And once about a girl who killed the guy who cheated on her. I failed to see that love is an immortal thing.

I do appreciate people who managed to have a beautiful kind of love like my parents and people who really are happy in love. But honestly I was just scared to try and take a chance to have a relationship. Because relationships consist of mostly heartbreaks. Just like a game, everything will come to an end. There has to be a point where it says ‘Game Over’ or the time when the credit rolls on the screen. So I just stayed away from love. I mean, I love my games better anyways.

“Key… I’m sorry, I was just trying to cheer you up.” Jonghyun reached for Key’s hand but Key swatted his hand away.

“Don’t touch me.” Key said with venoms dripping from his words. He turned to me and I stiffened up.

“Are you okay now, Jinki? If you’re fine I can go to campus without having to worry about you. Take care, okay? Taeminnie, please take care of Jinki.” Key stormed out of my room and the three of us stood there in this heavy and tense silence.

“Jonghyun hyung… You know Key and his mood swings… Don’t give up, okay?” Taemin patted Jonghyun’s back and Jonghyun just shrugged.

“I don’t know, Taemin. Maybe I should…” Taemin motioned him to sit on my bed and the three of us sat crossed leg.

“You’re not the one to give up, Jonghyun. You’ve put up with Key for years even in worse situations than this. Why back out now? It’s not a really serious matter, right? He’s just pissed off because of what he saw. Just let him cool down.” Wow, I managed to pep talk someone. Jonghyun who was hanging his head down low looked up at me.

“Yeah… Yeah! This is nothing. I’ve been through worse times. Thanks, Jinki hyung. You always know what to say. I won’t give up now!” He stood up and did his ‘fighting!’ pose. I exchanged looks with Taemin and we smiled at each other. My front door slammed open and Key screamed from the hallway.

“Kim Jonghyun! Get down here and take me to campus!” The diva had spoken.

“Told you so, Jonghyun.” I grinned at Jonghyun and I swear I almost saw his dog tail and ears popped up.

“Yes, yeobo! Bye guys, see you later!” Jonghyun bolted out the door and left me with Taemin.

“So… Hyung, what just happened?” Taemin asked with a giggle. I stayed silent and blinked for a few times before laughing out loud.

“Key thought we were having . How ridiculous is that?” Taemin laughed along and clutched his stomach.

“I know! Friends don’t have ! Key is so funny.” We were laughing so hard but suddenly Taemin’s stomach growled loudly. I looked at him and laughed some more. His face was tinted pink! How cute!

“Let’s cook breakfast, Taemin. I feel like eating some omelette.” I slipped on my pajamas and button it up again. We walked to the kitchen and Taemin rummaged through the fridge.

“We got some bacon and sausage here. I’ll fry them up, okay?” I prepared the cooking utensils and two plates.

“Sure. Let’s get cooking, then.”

Taemin cooked the sausage and bacon and I made some cheese and mushroom omelet. Thankfully we didn’t ruin anything. We put it on the plate and I poured two glasses of milk for us. We dug in and once again chatted over the mayhem that happened earlier. We had a really good laugh.


A/N : It's official. Onew is my ultimate bias. Look at that man, LOOK. AT. HIM. THAT PICTURE IS SO FREAKING DAMN HOT. He's my ball of sunshine. I love you, Lee Jinki.

Anywaays, I like how this turned out. It's a bit funny, no? Jinki is being wise in this chappie!

It's Monday today. I hope you won't/didn't have the Monday Blue Syndrome!

Comments will be much appreciated! *gives a smile-glare, a silent threat so you'd comment*

p.s : Have you ever got a divine inspiration in the bathroom? :O