Gamer To Player

Gamer to Player

 Onew’s POV

I was at work, my eyes burned. I was so tired. I kept yawning. I should have gotten better sleep instead of staying up late last night. But “I guess that is the price I pay for being cool now.”

I rolled my eyes at the thought; I can’t believe I just said that. How many stupid things have I said since I made myself over? I transformed into something I’m not sure I like. What if Taemin and Key and Jonghyun don’t like me anymore either.

I want to go over to Key and Taemin’s house but I’m afraid of the outcome. It would just be embarrassing.

……

I came home from work. I saw Taemin and Key in the hallway.  I didn’t say hi first because I was nervous.

“Hi, hyung.” Taemin greeted me.

“Hello Taemin.”

“Are you going anywhere tonight?”

“I might, not sure yet.” I didn’t want him to know I really didn’t want to go out. “I think they are excepting me to go out tonight.” I really don’t want to go, it use to make me feel good but now it only makes me depressed. I wish I could tell you this but then you’d think I’m stupid and lame or something. I thought to myself. I have to show him I’m not lame, I’ll just ask him to come with me.

“Oh. Well, have fun ok. Call me sometime, maybe this weekend so we can catch up ok, hyung?”

“Taemin would like to come with me tonight?”

“Yes!”

“Ok I’ll pick you up later. Bye.”

“Bye.”

“Ok that went well.” I felt better.

…………………..

Taemin’s POV.

I was happy he asked me to come with him. Key didn’t think it was a good idea for me to go out, he thought I should of said no, and should have did something at hyung’s house instead.  But I really wanted to see what Jinki hyung was always going on about. Plus as his best friend I should be there too. I have to be there for him, I love him so I rather be with him then not with him.

……

 

Jinki hyung introduced me to his friends.  We were having a good time until. I heard someone calling his name. “Onew, Onew!!”

I turned to see who it was. I smiled at the guy. But everyone just stared at him funny. “Who is Onew?”  One of his other friends asked. I was going to answer for hyung while he was taking a sip of his drink but he swallowed his drink real fast. “My name is Jinki, you must have me confused with someone else.”

 “Ha, always the joker. So anyways I haven’t seen you at Game Monster Shop in forever. We should get together sometime and play. There is a game tournament coming up soon, if we partner up, we’d win. I just know it. And guess what? One of the prizes if we win is an Xbox 360 that looks like R2-D2 from Star Wars. Dude isn’t that so cool?”

Jinki looked embarrassed and very upset. I smiled. “That does sound cool.” I said.

Jinki hyung shot me a mean look. “I’m Jinki.”

His gamer friend laughed. “Ok, “Jinki” I’ll catch you later, call me.” The friend thought he was just playing around but this really bothered me. Why would he treat his friend like that?  It made me very angry. I didn’t have time to tell him how I felt about what he had just done. His friends laughed at his gamer friend and Jinki hyung was pretending he didn’t know what the gamer guy was talking about.

Finally they were done talking. Here’s my chance.”Jinki hyung will you dance with me?”

He nodded and we got up to dance.

“Hyung, why did you act that way to your friend? That wasn’t nice. I don’t want to tick you off but that is not like you, and you sound like those kids in your high school.”

“Taemin, I didn’t mean too. It just came out of my mouth. I felt I had to say that. I don’t want them to think I’m not cool.”

“I think you’re cool all the time. I even rented Star Wars actually. I made Key watch it with me. Isn’t that cool?”

“Tae.”

“Yeah it’s true, I even teased Key that he was married to Yoda. Get it? Because Jonghyun is short.” I couldn’t stop laughing at my cheesy joke.

Jinki hyung started laughing too. Good, I made him feel better

“Hyung, why don’t you go back over to your gamer friend and say sorry?”

“He thinks I was playing around though, so if I do say something he will then be upset with me.”

“Ok fine, I let it slide as long as you keep dancing with me.” I smiled my cutest smile.

“As long as you don’t bring up the nerdy stuff around them ok.” He said nervously.

“Hyung?” My smiled vanished.

“Pleeeaaase?” He begged me.

“Ok, but aren’t you lying about liking things that aren’t cool in their eyes?”

“I don’t like those things anymore.”

“What? Why are you’re lying to me?”

“I’m not”

“Yes you are.”

“Do we have to talk about this now?” He whined.

“Yes.”

“I gave it up end of story.”

“Fine. Let’s just dance we can talk about it later.”

I really didn’t want to argue with him at the moment. “I like you just the way you are hyung, you could talk about anything with me. I wouldn’t laugh at you if you talked about stuff like that, I never have.”

“I know Taemin.” He smiled weakly like he was lost.

…………

Later that night, I went to the bathroom I had drank 2 drinks and had to go so bad. When I came out of the restroom I saw Jinki hyung chatting up a girl. Damn it. Is this what happens when I’m not here?

She came and sat with us. They kept talking. Everyone seemed to be talking to a girl or a guy they just met.

No one was talking to me. So I tried jumping in Jinki hyung’s conversation with his new lady friend. The three of us talked for a bit. She ended up leaving with her girlfriends. But then Jinki hyung flirted with another girl. Next thing you know he had 3 girls hanging off of him, giggling. I wanted to puke. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Jinki, I have to go home now.”

“No stay Taemin.”

 “No, really I must be going. And you look very busy and it’s getting really late.”

“Why don’t you talk to someone?” I want to talk to you hyung.

“I have to go.” I walked calmly to the door, but as soon as the doors opened and the cold night air rushed passed my face, I ran to the curb and hailed a taxi. I was fighting back my tears.

 

 

 

 


Depressed Jinki and depressed Taemin :(

Jinki sill doesn’t understand that showing off is hurting and depressing Taemin, not impressing him. The more he tries to be cool the more he hurts/depresses himself too. Tae wants to be there for him but that is making his own depression worse too.  

Nerdy gamer to y player… What will Taemin do????