Apology

Gamer to Player

 Taemin’s POV

I came into the restaurant and Jinki hyung just walked past me without looking at me. I felt sad and confused. Why would he react this way and think that way about me?

 “Taemin what happened?” Key asked me with a worried look on his face. 

“Let’s talk about it later.” I really didn’t want to talk about it at the moment in front of everyone. I will talk to them once we get home. I wanted to call Jinki hyung and tell him I’m sorry for making him upset and find out why he thought that way about me. I really like him and not just because he is Key’s friend.

Everyone went back to eating and chatting a little. I pulled out my phone and stared at it. I put it in my lap and hit Jinki hyung’s number that I had set on speed dial. I put it to my ear. Nothing. He wasn’t picking up. I hit end and recalled before voice mail picked up. I didn’t want to leave him a message. I have to talk to him. He didn’t pick up that time either so I will just call him later when I get home.

………….

When the three of us arrived at Key’s apartment, well it’s mine now too, I walked past Jinki hyung’s door. I just stared at it and almost cried. So close but yet so far away.

“Taemin? You have got to tell us what happened at lunch. Did Jinki hyung yell at you, did he hurt my baby? Do I need to go over there and slap him for you?”

I smiled weakly at my umma. “No Key, its fine.”  We walked into our door. I plopped down on the couch. But I couldn’t hold back the tears. They just looked at me as they sat down near me. Luckily Key gave me time to explain until I was ready.  He rubbed my back until I was able to talk. I cleared my head and spoke slowly, trying to think of what happened and to make sense of it. “Jinki hyung thinks I don’t really like him.”

“What? Why would he think that?” Jonghyun hyung asked as confused as I was.

I started rambling on and on. “He thinks I’m friends with him because he’s Key’s friend. He thinks I’m like those shallow superficial people from his past. But that’s not the case… I like him.” I was upset, maybe mad or just sad that he would think of me this way.  Ughh what do I do?! I yelled at myself in my head. They were looking at me. I don’t want Key to bad mouth Jinki hyung right now. I can’t be mad at him because it’s not his fault. He just has to learn that not everyone is like that….my thoughts coming from within my head out of my mouth now. “But he should know I’m not like that!”

“Well, that’s it! I’m going over at slapping some since into him.” Key said and started standing up as he finished that statement but Jonghyun hyung gently grabbed his shoulder sitting him back down.

“Sit down Key.  You’re only going to make this worse. Taemin call him. You need to talk this out.”

“B-but” Key stammered. He was trying to protect me again. I’m grateful but Jonghyun hyung is right, I have to do this myself.

I went to my room and called and tried to call but Jinki hyung never answered. I laid there pouting, a tear rolled down my cheek.  I heard a soft knock on my door. It was Jonghyun hyung. I rolled over onto my pillow. I didn’t want him to see me cry. Why was Jinki hyung’s behavior affecting me so much? I’m kind of offended he thinks I’m not really his friend. Jonghyun hyung better have something important to say because I am not really in the mood.

“Hey Taemin.” He rubbed my back. I flung myself onto my back and looked him in the eye. “Did you call him?”

“He didn’t answer.” I groaned in frustration.

“Here, don’t tell Key but I’m going to give you Jinki hyung’s key. You should go over there and talk to him. And if you are feeling this sad about it all it’s because you … you like him like I like Key.”

“Hyung!”

“What? It’s true. Tell him your feelings. I told Key how I felt and he came around. Jinki hyung will be the same. He is a nice guy and I don’t think he could stay mad at you this long.”

“He is disappointed in me, I’m disappointed in me. He took things the wrong way. He should know that I am not like them. I didn’t lie to him.” I started crying, I held my wet face in my hands.

“Shh, don’t cry or else Key is going to kill me for making his baby cry. And I’m trying to help. Take the key and just face the music as they say.”

“Thank you.”

 Jonghyun hyung left me alone with my thoughts again. I stared at the key as I played with it in my fingers for a moment.

I took a deep breath. I have to explain that I do think he is handsome and kind and a great friend and I like him and not just because of Key. I’m NOT like Luna.

I snuck out of the house when Key was in the bathroom talking his shower for the night.

I walked down the hallway. I turned the handle, it was locked. I put my ear to the door. I didn’t hear his TV. No sounds of video games. I smiled to myself for a moment as I remembered the day we played Street Fighter together.  I shook my head clearing my thoughts. I stood outside his door a little longer collecting my thoughts thinking of what I wanted to say. I have to convince him I’d still be his friend no matter how I met him. How could anyone not like him?

I inserted the spare Key. I turned it. I popped my head through the door. The TV and lights were off. He must be sleeping.  I snuck into his bedroom opening his door. “Hyung” I whispered. He didn’t answer. He looked like he was having a bad dream.  I felt the pit of my stomach turn. I can’t believe I made him so upset like this. I’m so sorry hyung... I said in my head.

I will make this better hyung I promise.

I shut his door. And walked closer to him and laid down. I tried to sooth him. I brushed the hair out of his eyes. I felt nervous. What if he gets mad at me all over again because I just walked in his house? He made a moan. He had a frown on his face, his brows were in knots. “Hyung, it’s ok, I’m here for you.” I hugged him and rocked a bit. Hoping that would help him get out of his bad dream.

After awhile I almost fell asleep. His blankets were so soft, soft like his smiles, his pretty hair. I his hair. “I’m sorry hyung...” I whispered, my eyes started to puddle. All I could think was. Really how could someone not like Jinki hyung? He is funny, smart and… and handsome. I looked at him he was smiling now.

I sighed out of relief when I saw that smile. It made me smile too. Yep he is cute alright. I guess I really do like him this way maybe.

He fluttered his eyes open. “Taemin?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Some of you might know me. Some of you are meeting me for the first time. I just wanted to take a moment to say hello to all phiiee’s readers.

Hello, I’m jinkijeans. The rest of the chapters will be written by me. *waves* Nice to meet you all. I am very happy and excited to be helping out Phiiee.  She has told me how the fic should go and I will go with her flow. So please look forward to more updates :)