Call

Gamer to Player

 Taemin’s POV

I woke up and took my morning shower already and I was on my way to the Kitchen for some cereal when I overheard Key and Jonghyun hyung talking in the kitchen.

“Good morning.” I said.

They stopped talking and looked at me. “What’s the matter?” I asked.

What was with Jinki hyung last night? He was acting really strange. Key said with a puzzled expression.

“Yeah, he backed away from Key touching him to turn him around. He sort of shoved him out of the way to sit down for dinner. He slapped Key’s hand away when he touched his forehead, and then that awkward joke before we watched the movie.  AND talking about his games like that.  What in the world was that about Taemin?” Jonghyun hyung was worried. He scratched the back of his head.

Key looked so confused more than upset with Jinki hyung. “We heard you talking, we didn’t hear what you said but we know he told you something during the movie.” Key walked next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

“He told me he didn’t want to be nerdy and that we shouldn’t worry. He didn’t mean to come off as bratty. I think he is just finding his way, I think maybe he had too much of an ego boost yesterday from the mall or something. But he said thank you for worrying about him. So I think he is fine. I trust him and he trusts me now.” I said with a smile.

“Boy, you are blinded by love, there is something not right.” Key said in his umma voice. He sat down at the table in the dining room he buried his head in his hands. “Oh no I think we broke him. Is there a Jinki hyung manual?” He laughed nervously. He dropped his head on top of the table, it made a thud sound.

“Key, you’re making me nervous. He is fine. I said I trust him. He was better after the movie right?”

“Right.”

“Then see?  He is fine.” I smiled again. 

Jinki hyung would be happy I’m sticking up for him; I’m his best friend now. They just don’t know Jinki hyung like I do.  I smiled, proud to be Jinki hyung’s friend.

Jonghyun hyung laughed.

“What’s so funny?” We said turning to look at him. “I think I’ll go with what Taemin said but I’m laughing at his adorable smile. Yeah Taemin must be right. We are just worrying too much. Taemin why don’t you give him a call just too make sure everything is ok, okay? Key let me make you some coffee before I go.”

Hyung went into the kitchen, Key handed me my phone. I hit the speed dial.

It was about to go to voice mail. “He isn’t picking up, I’ll just leave him a message.” I said and Key nodded.

“Hello, hyung. It’s Taemin. I just wanted to say thank you for coming over last night. Just wanted make sure you’re still doing ok. Talk to you later. Bye.”

 

 

ONEW’s POV

I stepped out of the shower. I feel good this morning. I am going to dress sharp for work today. I have to fix 2 computers today. Shouldn’t take me that long so I might go out for a coffee at lunch time on my way back home

I was thinking about my day when I was dressing. I must have been thinking too loud because I didn’t hear my phone ring. I noticed someone had called me when I picked up my phone to stick it in my pocket.

I checked the phone. I missed Taemin’s call so I listened to the message. I turned towards the mirror as I let the message play. I was smiling. Do I always smile like this when I hear his voice?

The message ended, I was about to call him back and tell him I’m doing fine, but Joon was calling me.

“Hello.”

“Jinki! I have great news.”

“What’s that Joon?”

“Cheolyong and I… well, I confessed a few days ago. We are going out tonight to celebrate. I want you there. Will you come out tonight to the club?”

“Um let me think about it.”

“Come on Lee Jinki. I’ll buy you a drink, I want to thank you for the advice you gave me that day at Starbucks.”

“Let me check my calendar” I said that because I know that’s what busy cool people normally say and let’s face it my calendar would have said “you’re a loser and you stay home all the time.”

I paused before giving my answer since I really wasn’t looking at my calendar. I opened my drawer to get clean socks. I saw my t-shirt that I was hiding from Key, that I got when I bought Diablo III. I sighed. I felt a bit mad at Key at the moment as I stared at the shirt. I closed my drawer. The old me would not have wanted to go out to a club but this is the new me.

“Well, Can you come out?”

“Sure I’ll be there. I have to get going now, see you this weekend.” We ended our call.

I forgot to call Taemin back. Instead I put my socks and shoes on and went to work.

…………………………………………………

I went to Starbucks on my way home for the day.

I was sipping on my Frappuccino when I remembered I still haven’t called Taemin back. I should probably do that right now before I forget. 

 

Taemin’s POV

“Hello?”

 “Hi Taemin, sorry I missed your call earlier. Guess what? I’m going out tonight. It should be real fun.”

 “Oh. Ok where are you going?”

“To the club, with Joon. He wants to have a drink with me.”

“Joon? You’re going to have a drink with Joon?” I still don’t like him for kissing Jinki hyung on the cheek and touching his at the café when he spilled his stupid water on his shirt.

“Yes with Joon, Taemin.”

“At a club?” He doesn’t seem like a club person to me. So I restated it just to see if I heard him right. I raised my brows in confusion.

“Yes at a club, He is dating a friend of mine and he wanted to thank me for helping him out with it. I was sort of their matchmaker you could say. Remember when I couldn’t tell you he had a secret, well that was his secret. We are going to go celebrate.”

“Oh.” I paused for a moment. Thank goodness for a moment there I thought he was starting to like him or something. “Well, I guess he is going to call Key later and tell him since they are friends, so I’ll probably see you there. If Key is going, he’d bring Jonghyun hyung and of course I’d go and we can hang out, we never went to a club together.”  I started getting excited thinking about the possibility of see Jinki hyung tonight. My heart started beating faster and I’m sure I was smiling like a fool.

“I don’t know if he invited other people or not. But If I see you there that would be cool. I’ll talk to you all later.”

“Ok, bye hyung.” I ended the call. I remembered how I hugged him when we had to dry off his shirt because Joon spilled his water. I wish I could hug him like that again. I shook my head clearing my thoughts. I have to find Key.

I put my phone away and went to find Key. I went to the back room where we keep the extra shampoos and hair dyes. I bumped into Key as I opened the door.

“Taemin, slow down. I almost spilled my stuff.”

“Sorry. I was looking for you.”

“It’s ok.   Help me hold this stuff.” 

I grabbed some of the supplies as we walked back to Key’s station. “Did Joon call you?”

“Yeah, earlier when you were with a customer. He is dating someone or something. He wants to go out to night or something.  I was going to tell you but we got busy.”

“Are you going to go?”

“No probably not. How’d you know about it?

Jinki hyung called me. He sounded fine by the way, so no need to worry about that anymore. Anyways he was going out to meet up with him.”

“Really? He is going?”

“Yeah, so you want to go?”

“You want to go too? I thought the two of you didn’t really like him.” Key started mixing up the hair dye for his client. I put the tin foil in her hair helping him out since I didn’t have a customer. She wanted highlights put in.

“Jinki hyung was their matchmaker or something, so I don’t need to not like Joon anymore since he isn’t going to be going there because of MY Jinki hyung and he is there because he likes someone else. Anyway so can we go?” I bounced on the balls of my feet and pleaded with my eyes. Key took over and painted her hair into the foil.

Key chuckled at me. “Yeah, we can go, I’ll call Jonghyun and tell him he will drive us.”