Fever

Gamer to Player

Jonghyun hyung managed to carry Jinki hyung to his apartment. We all stayed behind until 10PM, trying to take care of hyung. Key cooked some food for hyung to eat later, Jonghyung hyung went out to the pharmacy to get him some medicine and I tucked him to bed. He was groaning and it looked like he was really pained. I really feel bad for him…

Key finished cooking and putting away the food so it would be easy to heat up later on. He helped me to change hyung’s clothes and tried to make him as comfortable as possible. Not long after that Jonghyun hyung came back with the medicines.

“Taeminnie, you should probably go home. It’s already late. I’ll stay behind and take care of Jinki.” Key said with a yawn.

“But you have early classes tomorrow. You’re going to be tired, Key. I’ll stay here for the night and take care of Jinki hyung. I don’t have work tomorrow anyways. Both of you should go and rest.” Key raised his eyebrow.

“Are you sure, Taemin? I can manage somehow.” I shook my head. It was partly my fault for not forcing hyung to stay at home even though I knew he didn’t get enough sleep, so I guessed the least I could do was take care of hyung.

“Yeah, I’m sure. Just look at you and Jonghyun hyung. You guys are tired. Even Jonghyun hyung is already out cold on the couch. Just go home and sleep, okay?” Key glanced at Jonghyun who was sleeping soundly. Then he nodded and kissed my forehead.

“Okay then. Just call me if you need something, okay? Thanks a lot for doing this, Taeminnie.” I nodded and watched him woke Jonghyun hyung and they walked out the door.

I sat on a chair just beside his bed. I wiped Jinki hyung’s face with a cool cloth and watched him squirm uncomfortably in his sleep. I brushed his hair away from his face and tucked his blanket, trying to make sure he was all covered. Poor Jinki hyung getting all sick…

 “Need… to slay… the dragon… Ughh, it hurts…” Jinki hyung scrunched his face and started muttering incoherent things. He was mumbling things about games even when he’s sick. He’s so adorable.

I figured he had enough sleep and I had to wake him up so he could eat and take his medicine. Getting sleep was good but if he didn’t eat and take his medicine he would be in more pain. So I tapped him gently.

“Jinki hyung… Hyung. You have to wake up and eat.” He groaned and refused to wake up. I traced my fingers over his plump cheeks and tried again.

“Jinki hyung, Key made chicken soup for you.” And that seemed to work because hyung slowly fluttered his eyes open.

“Chicken? Beautiful mage, did you say chicken?” He croaked out with his hoarse voice, still half awake. Seriously, if he wasn’t sick I would pinch his cheeks!

“Yes, uhh… brave warrior? A feast of chicken soup has been prepared for you.” I had no idea what I was talking about, really.

“I’m not a warrior… I’m an archer… I’m a warrior in my other account…” He drifted off and almost fell asleep. But I put my hand on his forehead and he cracked his eyes open again.

“Oh… Taemin? What happened…” I helped him to sit and he moaned when his headache came back.

“You got really sick and we had to carry you back home. Now eat something so you can take your medicine and go back to sleep.” He rubbed his eyes and stared at me. He was still half awake, I guess.

“Oh. Uh. Okay…” I went to the kitchen and got a bowl of soup. It was still warm so I didn’t have to reheat it. I also prepared his medicine and drink. I came back to Jinki hyung’s room and he was just sitting there, his head leaning back to the headboard with his eyes closed. He was sick but he still looked handsome.

“Here’s your chicken soup, hyung.” He turned to me and gave a tired smile.

“Thanks Taemin.” I handed him the bowl and a spoon. He started eating slowly. His eyes were droopy but he still ate well.

“What time is it?” He asked with his concentration still on the soup. I checked the clock to see that it was really late.

“It’s 10.30.” His eyes widened and he looked at me.

“Why are you still here? It’s already so late… You should go home.” I pouted. Did he really want me to go?

“I want to take care of you hyung. You can’t be left alone. Key and Jonghyun hyung can’t stay since they have classes tomorrow and they have to sleep.”

“I can take care of myself, really. You shouldn’t bother. I’m sure you have things to do tomorrow too.” He stopped eating and drank some water.

“Hyung, I really do want to take care of you. And are you seriously kicking me out this late at night? You don’t want anything to happen to me, right?” He thought for a second and gave out a big sigh.

“I just don’t want to burden you. I don’t like bothering someone just because of something unnecessary.” I puffed out my cheeks and lightly hit his arm.

“I’m doing this out of my free will, I do this because I want to! So just shush and eat!” He chuckled and went back to eating. I let him finish his food and helped him with his medicine. Once he was all fed he laid back down. I covered him with the blanket and started wiping his face again. He just stared at me and I smiled at him.

“Umm… Taemin?” His face was pinkish because of the fever and probably because he was nervous about something.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Thank you.” I just grinned at him.

“No worries. Go to sleep now.” He nodded and closed his eyes. I hummed a random melody and his hair. He relaxed and not long after he drifted off to sleep.

I stared at his face, taking notes of his features. I could never get tired of seeing his handsome face. His skin was smooth and he had this adorable nose. His plump lips looked soft and kissable. I bet girls would do anything to be in my position.

I got up from my seat and went to the bathroom to take a shower. It might not be polite to use someone’s bathroom without telling, but I couldn’t wake hyung up, right? So I stripped out of my clothes and took a quick shower. Hyung’s soap smelled like vanilla and peaches! It was really nice. I put a towel around my waist and rummaged through hyung’s closet to grab a yellow oversized t-shirt and borrowed one of his shorts. I was being really rude but I didn’t want to be all dirty and icky.

I went back to his side and sat on the bed to check on him. His breathing was even and relaxed. He didn’t look as pained as before and that was a very good thing. I continued and playing with his hair. I made the right decision to cut it and colored it that way. I found myself grinning and that was just creepy. I mean, I was happily playing with the hair of a bedridden man whom I just met a couple of days ago. I quickly pulled my hand away and just stared at the sleeping ball of sunshine. He looked so peaceful and calm…

My eyelids went heavier by the second. I was tired… It had been a long day. I leaned to the headboard and closed my eyes for a bit. But it was just so comfortable just sitting there… I fell asleep beside Jinki hyung with my back on the headboard. And honestly, it wasn’t so bad.


A/N : The chapters keep getting shorter and shorter... *hides* Cute Taemin being all cute. Cute Jinki being all cute. Put them together and you get super cuteness. ONTAE FTW! HUZZAH!  *ahem*

I should say sorry for any kind of mistakes I make. I just don't re-read stuff. I'm not a native English speaker. I'm basically too lazy to check sometimes. So I hope you understand. Don't kill me for it, okay? ;A; please just point it out for me and I'll fix it.

Anywaaays, thank you for everyone who commented on the last chapter and sorry I couldn't reply to all of you personally. But really, you guys made my day! :D I love comments. Comments are like my addiction or some sort...

So, please feed my comment-addiction?. Yes, yes? :D