Clothes

Gamer to Player

It took us about half an hour to reach the apartment. All thanks to Key for stopping by at various shops. Usually it only takes us about 10 minutes walk to get home from the area where the salon is. But since I was with Key, 10 minutes was impossible.

“Okay, since I’m going to go through my closet, I should teach you a couple of things about clothes. So go to your place and change into your choice of casual clothes to wear when you go out. I’ll fix the mistakes I know you’ll make.” He said so in high confidence. Sometimes it just seems so diva-like, or even arrogant. But that confidence is Key’s strong points.

“I expect my doorbell to ring in less than 15 minutes. Keep the fate of your Xbox in mind, Jinki.” He closed the door to his apartment. I sigh and dragged myself to my apartment. He didn’t even let me say a word about it.

“I guess I’ll just have to go along with Key…” I walked in, almost tripping on air. Again.

I opened my closet, groaning at my own reflection on the mirror attached on the door. Key did say I should pick the clothes of my own choice. So I grabbed my red Super Mario Bros. t-shirt and loose washed out jeans. I also took off my contact lenses and slipped on my trusty glasses. I thought of changing my hair but then I remembered how Taemin was so happy when he saw my hair. So I just left it the way it was. I figured everything was okay, so I made my way to Key’s place.

“10 minutes.” He looked at his watch when he opened the door for me.

“Hello to you too, Key.” I groaned and he just let me in. He led me to a door which I thought was his room. But I was wrong. It was his walk-in closet.

“How on earth did you manage to get a walk-in closet?! This room is huge!” I looked around and it was filled with clothes, shoes and accessories. Neatly organized based on colors.

“Jinki. The layouts of our apartments are exactly the same. This room is where you store your piled up books, old game boxes and old CPUs you used to deconstruct.” I kept a straight face. I tried to remember which room he was talking about. Then my mouth formed an ‘O’ as I remembered the room on the end of the hall.

“Yeah. That room, dubu. Okay let’s just get started.” He asked me to stand up and keep still. Then he walked around me, observing me. It felt so weird to have someone stare at me. It was so disturbing!

“Okay. I must say you’re not the worst I’ve ever seen. Here’s the thing. That shirt you have on you? It has to go. Don’t ever wear it when you’re going out.” He poked my arm.

“What? Why? It’s Super Mario Bros.! Everyone loves Mario and Yoshi!” I was really offended. That was a prize I got when I joined a Mario Kart competition and got 2nd place. I could’ve gotten 1st but that jealous loser just had to send out his blue shell.

“Dubu. I don’t care if you like them or not. But you can’t wear it outside if you want to be taken seriously. You have to work on your looks! Besides, the material of this shirt is so not fabulous. It’s so cheap! It doesn’t even work as a t-shirt. It should be a rag. Aren’t you itchy in this?” ….. True. It was a bit uncomfortable…

“Can I still wear it at home though?” I gave out a smile and he sighed.

“Fine. Next! Those jeans. They’re way too loose. I won’t even ask you to wear skinnies, but at least wear a pair of jeans that fits right. Washed out jeans might be pretty cool when combined with the right top. But don’t ever wear a pair that’s that loose.” I looked down and stare at my jeans. They’re not that bad, really.

“But it’s so comfortable…” Key cupped my face in his soft hands and stared at me.

“Jinki, my funny dubu. Beauty takes sacrifices…”

“But I don’t want to be beautiful- OW!” Again, he (not so) gently pinched my cheeks.

“You are going to be so damn attractive women will throw themselves at you and men will envy you. Or throw themselves at you too.”

“Okay, okay, okay! Please stop pinching me, Key!” He released and I rubbed my cheeks. Key’s pinches hurts a lot. Also his slaps. Don’t even get me going about his punches.  Key might look pretty and feminine but he used to take taekwondo. And he was the best in class.

“I’ll explain the necessary stuff and at the end of this short lesson, you’ll have to prepare my clothes for my dinner with Jjong. Is that clear?” Oh God, I felt like I just entered a military training. I just nodded in silence.

“Okay. When you’re picking out an outfit, first of all you have to be aware of the time, season, activity and destination. For example, if you’re going out for a picnic in summer, you have to pick a bright colored t-shirt. Don’t wear dark ones because dark colors will absorb the sunlight and it’ll be very hot. Let’s say we pick this white t-shirt over here. Make sure the material is not very thick so you’ll be more comfortable. V-necks are fine, but don’t ever wear v-necks that dips so very low. It looks disturbing.” He showed me a simple t-shirt with ‘Carpe Diem’ printed on it.

“For pants, you can wear khakis or jeans. Short khakis are comfortable especially if you’re going to the beach. But we’ll just pick this pair of lighter blue jeans. Never tuck in your t-shirt! Just don’t. It looks silly in this situation, okay?” I nodded.

“For shoes, slip-ons are probably the best pick. Slip-ons like Converse and Vans are quite versatile and it fits most situations. I’ll just pick the things that you can wear, okay? So it’ll be simpler. Okay, black and white checkered Vans like this fit the whole outfit perfectly since the print on the shirt is black in color.” Really, who knew wearing clothes could be so hard?

“For accessories, because it’s summer, sunglasses are a must. A simple necklace and leather bracelet give a nice touch to it. But one thing’s for sure, never ever over-accessorize. Nobody looks good in over the top accessories. That’s basically the whole outfit. The trick is to keep it simple but still nice. Get it? Let’s move on to casual evening wear in spring.”

Then Key kept going, explaining all the ‘necessary’ things about outfits. I tried my best to grasp all of the information given. In the end, it was like dressing up your character in games. You have to know the situation and the stats of your character. If it lacks defense, you should add a stronger armor. If it lacks power, add stronger weapons. If it’s in the evening, wear darker color clothes. If it’s cold in the evening, wear a jacket or a nice-fitting hooded jacket.

“Make me a complete outfit out of these.” Key said after collecting some pieces of clothing. I picked out a dark grey thin shirt with a neckline that shows a bit of Key’s collarbone. I also picked out a dark purple cardigan and white skinny jeans to go along with it. For his shoes, I went a little bold, picking a pair of buckled boots. I picked out a simple necklace with a cartoon shiny diamond as the pendant.

“That’s all I guess…” Key silently took them all and went to his room to try it on. I waited in the closet, still marveling at the amount of clothes Key had. I wonder if I did okay?

“Jinki! Go to the room just across the closet!” I went out the room and knocked on the door. He opened it with a big smile on his face.

“So…?” I went inside and sat on his bed.

“It looks great on me! Jinki, I think you’re naturally born to be a cool guy! Just look at me! I look fabulous!” Key twirled around and checked himself out on the mirror again. He messed up his blonde hair and grinned.

“Key? Where are ya?” I heard Jonghyun called out. How did he get in there?

“In my room, Jjongie!” I looked at Key who was really calm about Jonghyun in his apartment. He seemed to understand the reason I was staring.

“He has spare keys.” I nodded and saw him put on a stud on his piercing. It was a little black key. Just then Jonghyun went in.

“Hey, Key are you- Woah! Who are you? What are you doing in Key’s room?! Why do you look familiar?!” Jonghyun freaked out and Key only laughed.

“Surprise, Jjong!”

“Key?! Are you happy to see me caught you cheating?” Jonghyun ran to Key and held his shoulders.

“You look amazing, by the way.” Jonghyun added. Key only laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Jjongie, this is the improved Jinki! And we never dated!” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow and turned his head to me. He inspected me head to toe.

“It’s okay if you don’t date me. I know you love me. Gosh, hyung, I thought you’re someone else trying to get into Key’s pants!” He broke into a grin and gave me a fist bump.

“I’m not after Key, Jonghyun. You know I don’t want you to punch my face in.” Jonghyun’s punches were also strong. He was known as a school delinquent during our days in high school.

“Great! But wow… You’ve changed. Well your clothes sta the same, but you look different now. Girls would definitely tap that! … Key, you won’t tap that, would you?” Jonghyun looked up at Key with his puppy dog face.

“I won’t tap my own older brother figure, Jjong!” Jonghyun hugged Key and the diva tried to squirm out of his grasp.

“Anyways, hyung, I’m going on a date with my Key. Do you want to come along?” Key got out of Jonghyun’s hug and grabbed his stuff.

“Nah, I have something to do. You guys go have fun. Thanks for the offer though!” We walked out the door and Jonghyun nodded.

“Okay then. See you later, hyung!”

“Bye, Jinki-dubu!” They waved and I just waved back. Jonghyun slung his arm around Key and they walked away. I could hear Jonghyun muttering something about calling me with nicknames and when they turned around the corner a smack was heard.

“Stop it, puppysaurus!” Key shouted.

“You called me puppysaurus! You must love me!”

I just laughed and entered my apartment. I got a date tonight. With my Skyrim, of course.

A/N : I'm in the middle of my midterms. I should be studying. BUT I'M NOT! I WROTE THIS FOR YOU GUYS INSTEAD.

Be thankful and comment on this chapter!

I love the picture of Onew in this chapter.

If you're not happy after looking at Onew's smiling face... I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF MONSTER YOU ARE!

Comment, please? :)