Late Breakfast

Gamer to Player

I combed my hair and let it loose. I hummed a happy song and pulled up my black skinnies. I slipped on my grey t-shirt and black vest. A silver necklace Key gave me hung around my neck. I stared at the mirror and grinned.

“Better get going now~!” Key called me last night and asked me to pick up Jinki hyung. Key wanted me to help him with shopping for Jinki hyung’s new clothes but he had a class and he had to leave early. He said that we should meet up with him near the shopping mall to save time. Besides, I had to pass their apartment building if I want to go to the mall, so it’s totally fine.

It was about 10 in the morning, much earlier than the appointment at 1. But I guess it was not a problem. I figured I could spend some time with Jinki hyung and get to know him better. He’s such a good man. I thought we would be great friends. I walked up the familiar stairs to Key’s apartment. He said that hyung was just across the hall. I rang the doorbell and waited. Fixed my hair too, the wind messed it up.

“Yes?” Jinki hyung opened the door. Poor thing! His hair was a mess and the dark circles under his eyes were visible. He was wearing his black rimmed glasses and his loose clothes were crumpled.

“Hyung! Did you stay up all night playing?” He rubbed his eyes and finally focused on me.

“Oh, Taemin. What are you doing here? Come on in.” He led me in and almost stumbled over his own sandals. He mumbled about something and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Are you okay, hyung?” I was really concerned. He looked so tired and worn out… He sat on his sofa and threw his head back.

“Yeah. Stayed up all night working. The server of a company I used to work for crashed and they called me to fix it up. They said they couldn’t wait until morning and they asked other programmers to fix it but they couldn’t. So they just had to call me…  I couldn’t even play! God, I’m so tired…” I stood behind the sofa and touched his shoulders to give him a massage.

“Poor hyung… Why don’t you go back to sleep and I’ll come back later?” He moaned then suddenly perked up.

“N-no, it’s okay. I can’t go back to sleep now. What made you visit, anyway?” He gently moved my hands away and started getting all flustered. Jinki hyung is such a fussy one. I pouted and sat beside him instead.

“Well Key wanted to take you out shopping today and he asked me to pick you up. But he wanted to meet up at 1. I came earlier thinking I could chat for a while…” He shifted and scratched the back of his neck.

“Oh. Umm. We could go get something to eat if you want to talk? I haven’t eaten anything.” Hyung’s cheeks were a bit pink and I couldn’t help but giggle.

“Sure. Let’s go get a late breakfast near the mall. I know a good place.”

“I’ll go shower then. There’s not much to see or do but make yourself at home.” He got up and headed to the bathroom. I just sat there and looked around the room. The living room was neat. There was a TV, a nice glass coffee table right in front of me and the thing that caught my eyes was the book rack neatly organized at the corner of the room.

 I walked around and stumbled upon a family picture. Jinki hyung was still a little boy, somewhere around 7. His cheeks were chubby and he had the same bright smile. He was holding his parents’ hands. Hyung’s mom was very beautiful wearing a flowing dress and his dad looked like a very kind man with a smile on his face. They looked like such a happy family. I smiled to myself and searched for hyung’s room. I needed to check out his outfit.

His room was easy to find. He had all these ‘Do Not Enter’ signs on his door. And obviously I just entered it. His room was painted in simple white and surprisingly quite neat except for his desk which looked like a shipwreck. There were papers everywhere, an empty mug, books, his laptop and his computer. Everything was all over the place. I noticed his bed was still made, indicating he didn’t even lie down on his bed.

I opened his closet and went through it. As expected, not much flattering clothes were in there. But I managed to pull out some that would accentuate his body and made him look good. A brown polo shirt and jeans, completed with black sneakers. I grinned and nodded, happy with the look.

The door creaked open and I turned my head to see Jinki hyung in a white towel around his waist, still dripping wet. He didn’t have his glasses on so he probably didn’t see me in the corner of the room. I looked at him. Like, really looked at him. He had this subtle charm in him that you just can’t see unless you pay attention to him. His body is not as ripped as Jonghyun hyung, but not feminine like mine and Key’s. It was just… right. You know that V-line every guy has? His was just so intriguing somehow. His thin trail of hair leading to his –ahem, bulge made him look manlier. I felt like such a ert. I knew I shouldn’t be checking him out, but really. It was impossible to ignore him in this condition. How did he even manage to have that kind of body?!

“Hi, hyung!” I grinned and waved at him.

“Oh my God! Taemin!” His face turned red and he tried his best to cover his body. He was so very flustered and it was so funny to see him squirm and fidget like that. He looked around and grabbed his blanket, covering himself with it.

“Sorry I barged into your room. But look! I picked out your clothes for today!” He walked towards me, face still red as a tomato.

“Uh, thanks, I guess. I’ll go change then, I’ll be with you in a while.” I stood there, waiting for him take that blanket off so I could see his body up close. He just stared back at me.

“Oh! You want me to leave! Right.” He nodded and I felt my face getting warm.

“Okay. Can I fetch myself a glass of water, hyung?” He nodded again and I muttered a thanks. I walked to the door, turning around just before walking out. He was dropping his blanket and I could see his broad back. His muscles flexed as he picked up the polo shirt. Omo omo omo omo omo omo omo! I was so flustered I almost slammed my face on the door!

I went to his kitchen and drank some water. Who knew Jinki hyung was actually that attractive? He was born to be an attractive guy, I couldn’t understand why he didn’t realize it. After seeing him like that it only made me more determined to convert him.

“Taemin?” He popped up in the kitchen and I almost spilled out the water in my mouth. His hair was still a bit damp, he didn’t wear his glasses, meaning he had his contacts on. He was so cool!

“Hyuuung~! You look so awesome!” I ran up to him and smoothed out his shirt. I also combed his hair with my hand and tucked it into place.

“You have a natural straight hair so we don’t have to do anything to it. We’re ready to go!” I was all smiles! It was so nice to see him like that, especially wearing the clothes I picked out for him and the hair I revamped on my own!

“Okay then. I’m so hungry I can eat a dragon!” I just laugh at his statement. He’s still such a gamer.

.: :.

We walked into a nice little café and took the seat near the window. It was a sunny day and it was such a nice day to go out.

“Good morning! What will you have for today?” A nice waiter smiled.

“I’ll have the grilled chicken sandwich and a glass of orange juice, please.” Jinki hyung closed the menu and tried his best to flash a smile at the waiter. At least he had the initiative to try and be socialized.

“Good choice. What about your beautiful girlfriend here?” Jinki hyung seemed to choke on his tongue and broke into a coughing fit. I just grinned at the waiter.

“Well, thank you very much! You’re too kind. I’ll have the hotcakes and a banana-strawberry smoothie, please.” The waiter took notes and grinned.

“You’re a lucky guy, dude!” He lightly punched Jinki’s arm and took off. Jinki hyung was red! He’s so adorable!

“He’s a funny guy, isn’t he, hyung?” He just nodded in silence, not looking at me.

“Come on, hyung. You have to speak up.” I pouted and pursed my lips. He slowly lifted his gaze and looked at me.

“I don’t know what to say.” I smiled and held his hand. He got all tense and stiff. He was definitely not used to skinship.

“Just say what you want to say. I’m sure you have a lot of things to say deep down. Just not so much about games or computers. I’ll help you out, okay? How about we start off with something simple. What’s your favorite food?” He suddenly had this determined look on his face and stared deep into my eyes.

“Anything that has chicken in it. It is super delicious, I have no words to explain the wonders of it.” I laughed and gently pinched his cheek.

“You’re so cute, hyung.”

“Aww, you guys are such a cute couple!” The same waiter came back and gave us our food. I slowly pulled back and kept my eyes on Jinki hyung. His face was tinted pink once again but he just grinned.

“Thank you.” Jinki said and took a sip of his orange juice. The waiter left us and Jinki started eating his sandwich. He actually moaned as he chewed it.

“Is it good, hyung?” He nodded enthusiastically. For the time being I left him to enjoy his sandwich and started eating my hotcakes too.

We ate in a comfortable silence and not long after we finished the food on our plates. He looked much better now that he had eaten. I sipped my smoothie and enjoyed the banana flavor.

“So… I’m guessing you like bananas and strawberries?” I’m quite surprised that he actually took the initiative to speak first.

“Yeah, I like bananas and berries. They’re really good when they’re mixed in a smoothie. This place has the best banana-strawberry I’ve ever tasted!”

“The sandwich tastes great too. Maybe we should visit here more often.”

“Jinki hyung. Is that an invitation for a date?” I grinned and rested my chin on my hands. He blushed and rubbed the side of his neck.

“I-I don’t know. This already seems like a date to me.” My eyes automatically went wide. And it finally dawned onto me.

“Uhm. Oh… Uhh, right.” My face felt hot and I looked down. We said nothing for a few seconds, then suddenly Jinki hyung started chuckling.

I just laughed along with him. That time, I realy wanted to get to know him better.


A/N : I just revealed Onew14's hidden hotness. Wow. Do you like the story up to this point ?

I hope you do. Somehow I keep writing this fic and neglecting everything. I love love love how this story turns out. Ontae is just so adorable. I don't know what to d~

Lol, I'm neglecting my studies again 8D Aaa, 아, 진짜! 난 어떡해~

Won't you comment on this chapter?