A bundle of joy

Gamer to Player

The next day I went to work a little bit late because I was so tired. When I arrived at my apartment, I met Mrs. Choi in the elevator. So I talked to her about me moving to Key’s place. She was a little sad but she said she would take care of the papers soon. And so that made me pack most of my things which led me to sleeping late and arriving at work about 30 minutes past the time I should have arrived.

“Taemiii!” A happy scream suddenly welcomed me when I entered the salon. I saw a little boy running up to me with arms wide open. I got down on my knees and hugged him.

“Hey there, Yoogeun! I haven’t seen you for a long time!” He giggled and hugged me. This little guy is Heechul hyung’s kid. Heechul hyung is my colleague and he likes to bring Yoogeun to the salon a lot.

“I miss Taemii! Can we play, Taemii?” He grinned with anticipation. He’s an adorable kid.

“I’m sorry, Yoogeun. Taemii has to work today.” He pouted and pursed his lips.

“But Mommy said we could play…” Heechul hyung suddenly popped up. He had his hair tied up in a bun and he was wearing a white V-neck.

“Hey, Heechul hyung.” Yoogeun ran to his mommy’s arms and Heechul hyung carried him.

“Hi, Taemin. Can I ask you a favor and take care of Yoogeun until tomorrow?” He smiled and patted Yoogeun’s head.

“Well that’s a bit sudden, hyung…” That was a bit weird actually. Because Heechul hyung is known as a protective mother and he would never ask someone to take care of Yoogeun unless it’s an emergency.

“Yeah, I know. I’m really sorry about that. Siwon is taking me to see his parents and I guess it’s not really smart to take Yoogeun along just yet…” Heechul hyung and Siwon had been dating for about 2 years. Yoogeun was actually adopted from one of Siwon’s friends. It’s a complicated story…

“Oh, really? That’s great hyung. Is he thinking of marrying you?” Heechul blushed a faint pink and grinned.

“I hope so. So can you do it?” Well I had no plan for the day, and I guess the big move could wait until Mrs. Choi was done with the papers.

“Sure, hyung. I’ll take care of Yoogeun.” I saw Yoogeun’s face lit up and he squealed.

“Yay, sleep over at Taemii’s house!” We both laughed at Yoogeun’s reaction and Heechul kissed his son’s plump cheek.

“Thanks, Taemin. I prepared all his stuff so he’s all ready to go. Siwon will pick me up and I’ll be leaving after lunch. Now go to work while I settle Yoogeun down.” I nodded and went to work. Yoogeun kept giggling happily as Heechul hyung played with him. He really looked like a mother when he was holding Yoogeun. But once Yoogeun wasn’t there, hyung could be really scary.

“Oh, Taemin, I already told the manager that you have to take care of Yoogeun so you could leave after lunch too.” Oh lucky~!

“Thanks, hyung! You’re really kind!” He smiled briefly then glared at me.

“You better take a good care of my Yoogeunnie, Taemin.” I just nodded and ran off. See what I meant?

.: :.

It was hard to work when a kid was hugging your leg all the time. Yoogeun is a really good kid and he somehow grew attached to me. Heechul hyung said because Yoogeun likes beautiful people, like his mother, he said.

“Taemin, you have a visitor.” Manager said. Then I looked at the door to see Jinki hyung standing there with a smile and waved at me. I walked up to him and greeted him.

“Hey Jinki hyung. What are you doing here?” I heard a high pitched squeal and Yoogeun ran up to hug me again.

“Key promised to take me out to the chicken restaurant we talked about at my place. And I was wondering if you wanted to come along.” He fidgeted while looking at Yoogeun. He looked nervous somehow.

“Oh, sure. That would be great! But I hope you don’t mind this little guy tagging along.” I patted Yoogeun’s head and ushered him to greet Jinki hyung.

“Yoogeun, this is my friend, Jinki hyung. Why don’t you say hi?” Yoogeun blinked for a while then ran up to hug Jinki hyung.

“Hello Jinkiki! I’m Yoogeunnie! Nice to meet you!” I laughed at Yoogeun’s nickname for Jinki hyung. But somehow Jinki hyung was biting his lower lip and awkwardly patted Yoogeun’s head. Yoogeun pulled away and stared at hyung. Being the very friendly kid he is, he expected a hug or at least a smile on Jinki’s face. But he didn’t do anything but act all nervous. That made me wonder…

“Um, hi, Yoogeun.” Jinki hyung said awkwardly. Yoogeun pulled away and ran to me instead. I picked him up and he giggled again.

“Taemin, I have to go now. Thanks again for doing this. Yoogeun’s bags are on the sofa, you’ll find everything in there.” Heechul hyung had Siwon hyung behind him. Siwon hyung was a handsome man, really suited for Heechul hyung.

“Thank you, Taemin. We’re really glad you agreed to this. Especially since Yoogeun likes you so much.” Siwon hyung flashed his charming smile. Yoogeun made grabby hands at Siwon hyung so I handed him over.

“Be a good boy now, okay Yoogeun?” Siwon said to Yoogeun. Yoogeun nodded and hugged his appa.

“Okay, appa, umma. Bye-bye!” Siwon hyung handed him to Heechul hyung who kissed his cheek and set him down.

“We’ll be going now. I’ll pick him up tomorrow, Taemin. See ya!” Heechul hyung said. Then they finally took off. Yoogeun ran to the sofa where his toys were laid out.

“So, what’s up with that?” Jinki hyung asked.

“That’s Heechul hyung and his partner Siwon hyung. Yoogeun is their kid. They asked me to watch over him until tomorrow because they have to go to Siwon hyung’s parent’s house.” Jinki hyung nodded but stayed silent.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Jinki hyung looked at me and gave a not so reassuring smile.

“I’m just not that comfortable around kids… I’m scared of hurting them.” Hyung’s eyebrows were knitted in a big worry. I smiled and rubbed his back.

“It’s okay, hyung. You’re not capable of hurting a child. You’re too kind! Just loosen up a bit, okay?” He nodded weakly and kept staring at Yoogeun who was playing with his toy car.

“So anyways, we’ll meet Key at the restaurant?” I asked while tidying up my stuff.

“Yeah, Key and Jonghyun actually. I think they’re on their way there. So maybe if you could finish up right now, we could get going.”

“I can go now actually. I’ll just finish tidying up and we can go on our way. Can you please help me with Yoogeun’s stuff though?” He shifted nervously but nodded in the end. He made his way to Yoogeun. Yoogeun looked up at him and smiled widely. Jinki hyung forced out a smile then talked a bit to him. I watched hyung talking to Yoogeun while tidying up his stuff. He did just fine actually. I finished up and said goodbye to the manager.

“Come on, guys. Let’s go.” Jinki hyung carried Yoogeun’s bags and the little boy ran to me. He sure was an active kid.

“Taemii! Jinkiki said we’re going to eat chicken! Yooogeunnie likes chicken.” He held my hand and swung it to and fro.

“Really, now? Did you know that Jinkiki likes chicken too?” His face beamed with happiness and he looked back at Jinki hyung.

“Jinkiki likes chicken?” Jinki hyung grinned and nodded.

“I love chicken.” Yoogeun clapped his hands in delight.

“Yay! I have a chicken loving friend!” They might get along really well in the future!