Thoughts and Bonds

Gamer to Player

It was almost 5 in the afternoon and we finally got back to the apartment after a short trip to the ice cream shop. We decided to hold the sleepover at Key’s place because Yoogeun would be staying at Key’s place with Taemin anyways. Taemin helped Yoogeun with his bath, Key cooked dinner and Jonghyun and I just sat on the couch, setting up the movie we were going to watch after dinner.

“So, hyung. How’s life?” Jonghyun suddenly said.

“Huh? It’s good I guess? What’s with the random question?” He shook his head and grinned at me.

“Just trying to start a conversation I guess.” We laughed and suddenly remembered about him and Key.

“How’s your life? Since now you’re dating Key and everything…” His expression suddenly softened and he sighed happily.

“I don’t know hyung… Suddenly everything seems better. It’s like I have a stronger reason to do everything. Like wake up early in the morning so I could see Key. Or study harder so I could make a living and impress Key. Or sometimes just writing and composing new songs for Key. It’s just really nice, hyung. You should get a lover and you’ll know what I’m talking about.” He grinned. I just shrugged.

“You know me and my views on love and relationships.” He stared at me with his rarely seen serious look. I challenged his gaze by raising my eyebrow.

“Stop it, hyung. You need some love in your life.” I rummaged through my pocket and fished out my phone. I looked for a particular picture and held my phone in front of him to see.

“You see this, Jonghyun? This is the love of my life. And you can’t say anything about it.” I brought my phone down and he had this ridiculous look on his face.

“Hyung, for God’s sake, those are your games collection!” He said exasperatedly.

“Exactly. They’re all I need. At least for now.” He held up his hands and sighed.

“I give up. Key was right, you’re impossible.” I smirked in victory and eyed him as he got up from the sofa.

“I’m going to help Key in the kitchen.” Jonghyun walked away into the kitchen. I just leaned back and switched on the TV.

I didn’t understand why Jonghyun and Key kept pestering me to get a lover. I mean, I didn’t need one. I was just fine on my own and I wouldn’t let anything ruin my pace. Everything was good, I was alive and well. Wasn’t that enough?

“Jinkiki!” I turned my head to see Yoogeun in his pajamas with yellow ducks printed all over it. He ran to me and stopped abruptly in front of me.

“Hey, Yoogeun. Where’s Taemin?” He just blinked and looked at me. He took his sweet time before answering shortly.

“Shower.” I nodded and he just stared at me with his big, round eyes. I stared back. He just stood there doing nothing. It was bothering me.

“Can I sit on your lap, Jinkiki?” He asked oh so innocently. I was thinking of a perfect excuse to say no, but he had this pouty, glassy eyes look on his face and I was more afraid of him crying if I told him to stay away. In the end I nodded in defeat. He squealed happily and made grabby hands for me to lift him up.

“Jinkiki. Do you not like Yoogeunnie?” He asked once he was sitting on my lap, his eyes still fixated on the blue penguin dancing on TV.

“Huh? Why would you say that?” Yoogeun poked my hand and fiddled with my fingers.

“Because Jinkiki looks like he doesn’t like Yoogeunnie.” Well this kid is rather sharp. Might as well see the way he thinks.

“Will you be mad or cry if I say that I don’t like you?” I challenged him. He tilted his head and hummed.

“No. Not everybody can like Yoogeunnie. So I’m okay with it.” He looked at me and blinked with no expression whatsoever.

“You know what? You’re not that bad. I like the way to speak, kid.” He grinned and hugged me. I awkwardly hugged him back.

“Aww, look at this, Jjong. Jinki is hugging Yoogeun!” Key shouted. A chuckle could be heard and the sound of someone running around was also there.

“Jinki hyung! You’re hugging Yoogeun!” Taemin shouted. He was already in his yellow pajamas, which was probably Key’s. His damp hair framed his face and he looked much fairer than usual.

“And you ran all the way from the bathroom just to see it, Taemin?” Jonghyun asked and plopped down on the recliner. I rolled my eyes and let go of Yoogeun.

“What is wrong with you people. It’s not like I’m working any magic here.” Yoogeun settled back on my lap and danced along to the blue penguin’s moves. Taemin sat beside me and patted Yoogeun’s head.

“It was a magical moment for me, Jinki. You never touched a kid.” Key said. He was too observant at times. Sometimes I wonder just how well he knew me.

“Well I just did, so don’t fret about it.” I grabbed Yoogeun’s hands and moved them, copying the dancing green crocodile, one of the blue penguin’s friends. Yoogeun giggled happily and sang along.

“Wow, Jinki. You really are changing.” Key said with amusement clearly apparent in his voice. I just rolled my eyes and stared at him.

“Who told me to change, Key? You wanted me to. I was just fine playing games at home but you just had to drag me out of the house.” I stuck my tongue out. It was true! He asked me to change so he didn’t have any right to complain.

“Okay, okay. I’m just saying, dubu!” Key huffed and sat down on Jonghyun’s lap. Jonghyun immediately wrapped his arms around Key’s waist and even a blind mage who was still a level 1 with no magic points whatsoever couldn’t miss the blush on Key’s face. Jonghyun started tickling Key’s sides and the younger started giggling uncontrollably.

“Get a room, hyungs.” Taemin said with a frown.

“You’re just jealous!” Jonghyun countered.

“I am not!” Taemin pouted. Jonghyun just stuck his tongue out and taunted Taemin. I swore the last time I checked Jonghyun was older than Taemin.

“Yes you are, baby boy~ Go out and find a guy or girl so you can stop bothering appa and umma, okay?” Jonghyun said. I sighed as Taemin started whining.

“Is Taemii okay?” Yoogeun said and jumped over to Taemin’s lap. Taemin looked at the kid and his eyes softened immediately.

“Taemii is fine. It’s just that Hyunnie is being a meanie to Taemii.” Yoogeun just looked at Taemin then at Jonghyun. He blinked and climbed off of Taemin. He made his way to Jonghyun and Key then stood in front of them.

“Excuse me, Bummie.” Kibum stayed silent and stood up. Then Yoogeun climbed up to Jonghyun’s lap and hugged the guy. We all looked at each other, obviously confused.

“There, there, Hyunnie. Yoogeunnie loves you.”  We went all wide eyes and shrugged. We had no idea what was going on in Yoogeun’s head. Gosh, he might be planning something evil and we wouldn’t know!

“Mommy said that mean people needs love so they would turn good! Hyunnie must not be getting enough love.” Yoogeun said innocently. I laughed my off at that.

“W-wha- Hyung! Stop laughing!” Jonghyun was flustered and confused. It was so funny! Key and Taemin laughed along at Yoogeun’s innocence and bluntness.

“This is too funny, Jonghyun! You, a guy who keeps chasing Key everywhere? Not getting enough love? That seems to fit the picture. And that statement coming out from a kid!” I kept laughing and even Key was having a hard time to stop laughing.

“That explains the puppy dog look he has whenever I ask him to stay away.” Key chimed in. And Jonghyun really had the puppy dog look Key was talking about right at that time.

“At least Yoogeunnie loves me…” Jonghyun hugged Yoogeun tightly.

“Aw, I’ll love you too, Jjong.” Key said and kissed Jonghyun’s cheek. Yoogeun looked at Key and pointed at his cheek, asking for a kiss. Key giggled and kissed Yoogeun’s cheek too. Woah, I was looking at a perfect family!

“We should really take a picture of this, Jinki hyung.” Taemin said. I only grinned and nodded.

“Yeah, it’ll be a family picture.” I looked at them. A couple with the same looks in their eyes. Warmth, care, longing, happiness, love. Then I figured I didn’t have those looks in my eyes whenever I look at someone.

When was the last time I looked at someone like that? How long had I been missing out on those seemingly wonderful feelings? Even games couldn’t be that satisfying…

“Hello, earth to dubu!” I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Key who had worries in his eyes.

“Yea?” I answered and collected my wandering brain back in my head.

“Yoogeun wants to eat then watch a movie together. Let’s eat so you can go to your apartment then shower. Then come back for a sleepover, alright?” I just nodded and followed them to the dining room.


A/N : Okay, I know this chapter is short. I'm sorreh for that, people. I'm out of ideas lately, cuz the latest chapters are basically fillers.

I really need to move on since you guys are already screaming for the real deal with Ontae....

But I'm really taking my sweet time to make them develop so it'll be more.... You know... Interesting? Or realistic maybe? I dunno... :$

So I hope you'll stick around to read this, okay?

Next chapter will be Jjong's POV! Since I'm gonna make a fluffy Jongkey. And it'll be fluffy. And fluffy. And I can't tell you anything more than that. Mwaha ha ha ha.

Comment, people? :D