Chapter 5

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MOMO’S POV

“Wow Momo, you really have a large appetite. How come you still stay fit like that? I hope I have the same body as you.” Dahyun complimented me for maybe, tenth times already.

“I love food, maybe that’s why I don’t gain weight. I heard if you got stress out dieting you gain more weight.” I reason out and starts eating again.

“Well, maybe that’s actually true. Thank you for giving me advice.” She replies again.

That’s not an advice though. Why is she even only talking to me? It’s been a couple of minutes but she has been bothering me from eating. Her staring at me make me uncomfortable too.

The other girls have been comfortably talking to each other especially Sana and Tzuyu except Mina who has been quiet the whole time. Well, it’s just Mina being Mina.

Chaeyoung has been trying to talk to her but it always ended up of Mina just answering yes or no, not wanting to have the conversation takes longer. I sometimes felt bad for Chaeyoung but if I was just not acting as a fan of this girl, I would probably act like Mina and ignores her so I can just focus eating.

“Here.” She suddenly offers me a food.
I looked at it but I can’t actually accept it for some reason.

“Why? You don’t like it? I especially ordered this because this is my favorite. You will love this.”

I was shaking my head on her because I can’t really talk for having my mouth still full of food but she insisted on giving it to me.

The food she was offering was about to touch my plate full of my precious foods when Mina shove Dahyun’s hands away.

“She can’t eat that.” Mina coldly said while Dahyun looks at her, puzzled.

“She’s allergic to salmon.” Mina added.

Sighs. Safe. Thanks God Mina knows.

“Ow, sorry. I didn’t know.” Dahyun seated again on her sit finally giving up on offering her food.

“Of course, you didn’t” I heard Mina whispers and it seems like Dahyun didn’t heard her at all.

"You two, Momo and Mina looks so close. What are you? Relatives?Cousins?" Jeongyeon asked.

"No." Both of us answers.

"We are just friends." I added.

"Friends huh? Ms. Myoui seems to be really caring towards you though. She never look at me the whole time but I saw her glancing at you time to time." Chaeyoung uttered and I saw Mina almost choke.

Hmmn... But Mina was always been like that when I was eating.

"It's because even though I eat I lot and loves food, I have many allergies. Like on what you already know, salmon." I explained.

"Really, that must be hard for you Unnie." Tzuyu.

"But Mina's job is harder. Imagine her checking all the food she eats." Sana joins.

"It's not hard at all. Especially we've been living together for almost 18 years now. It's like a natural event for me." Mina reason out.

"18 years huh? And you're just friends?"

"Well yes?" I answers.

What's wrong with being friends?

"But what are you ,really? You are living together but you are not cousins or relatives. Does that means your families are really close? What was your surname again? I should search on that later and see how rich you are." Dahyun's question has made me almost choke on my food.

I know people always tend to assume I was rich since I was a friend of Myoui's daughter, but it always makes me uncomfortable. I don't think I will be able to get use to this. I always have a feeling like I need to explain everything to them.

"You won't be able to see anything when you search my surname though."

"Eh? And why is that?"

"Because I am not rich. But it was true that my family was close to their family. My mother wor-"

"You know you don't need to explain everything to them." Mina stops me.

"Why not?" She's always like this when I want to bring up to the conversation my status.

"For your own privacy."

"It's my own life so I'm the one who will decide." I said not wanting to shout on her. She was not even looking at me making me more frustrated.

"Your choice." She said not minding me.

"So? Uhm.... what was that? This is awkward now." Chaeyoung fake cough.

"My mother works as a maid to their family."

"Ow" they all said intuition.

"My father was their driver too but he died on an accident when I was young. It was really traumatic for me because he died trying to protect me from the car accident. I was still young that time but I can still remember him hugging me tight before he past away. Since my parents was a loyal servant to their family, they adopted me and let us live to their mansion. They really takes care of me so well until I was able to recover from my trauma. They made me study and now that Mina moves here in Korea, I was told to stick with her and take care of her. So, that explains why me and Mina are friends despite on our different status. Their family was really kind."

It was just a moment of silence. Which I understand.  Not all people knows about this and few people who knows has always have the same reaction when they heard this. Sympathy.

"Ahm... So..... hmm... I didn't expect that. Sorry." Tzuyu breaks the silence.

Why though? I just smiled on her.

"That was sad. We should've not asked. Sorry." Jeongyeon.

Sorry again? I smiled at her too.

"Lucky you have Mina's family. I can't imagine being in your place. We are very sorry." Chaeyoung

Yes I'm still lucky. So, stop saying you're sorry. I smiled for the third time.

"That was a great story though. Now we know why you two are so close." Dahyun.

Great story? At least she didn't say sorry. I just smiled at her too.

"Great?" Mina speaks up making me turn to her.

I saw her face, it is that face. Her face when she is mad. Her face when she wants to make someone disappear. Her killer face.

This is not good.

I felt Sana nudging me but I ignored her. This is really not good. No one can stop her but only me. But the th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter