Chapter 31

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

"Aren't you going to sleep?"

Nayeon greeted Momo, who is surprisingly completely awake in the middle of the night. She just wanted to check on Momo if she's sleeping peacefully already, but Momo's still wide awake, busy playing games on her phone.

"Can't sleep." Momo replied short.

Nayeon can't do anything but to only stare at Momo. It's been many days since both of them were staying here at Lisa's house, and she still couldn't get a hold on Momo even though they are in the same house.

She approaches Momo inside and seated on the corner of the bed, still watching at the busy Momo.

"Aren't you curious on Mina?"

That made Momo stop from what she was doing. Having a blank expression on her face.

"I don't care about her."

"She's gone." Nayeon saw Momo's eyes waver, even though Momo was fighting from it. "She's back to Japan." Nayeon continued.

While Momo was still staring out of nowhere. Seconds later Momo completely got herself, and ignore that information getting back her attention to her phone.

"Why don't we have a date tomorrow?" Out of nowhere Nayeon asked.  Momo looks up on her, innocently while Nayeon just smiles on her. "You don't want? Okay then." Nayeon said standing up on the bed but-

"Let's do that! The date." Momo stops her, looking shyly on Nayeon. Nayeon can only chuckled on Momo being so cutely excited like they haven't done it before.

"Okay. Dress up nicely tomorrow. We are going to have the best date ever."



 

It was the best.

Nayeon didn't lie that it would be the best date ever. They did the things they missed to do before. All of their bucketlist, even the things they have no interest to do. They did it. It was perfect. Really perfect. But Nayeon didn't said anything about this....

That the best date ever, has the worsts ending.

"W-What are you talking about, Nayeonie?"

"Let's end this." Momo is already in the urge of crying. This is the third time she asked and Nayeon's answers are all the same but she still can't understand it.

"What are we going to end? We aren't even getting started again yet?" Momo doesn't want to let go. Not now.

"No... Actually, we never get a chance to end this before. And now I am giving it to you."

Momo shaken her head. They were supposed to stargaze here on her apartment like she wanted before. But why do Nayeon is ruining it again?

"L-Let's talk some other time. When we both have clear minds. I- I'm going."

Momo wanted to run away.

"I love you..." Nayeon told, before Momo could even turn her back on her.

"Then why are you already letting me go, we aren't even back yet!?" Momo raised her voice, frustrated at Nayeon who was already crying silently right now.

"Because it is not me." Nayeon looks down, staring at her own tears falling down on the floor.

She doesn't want to say this. She doesn't want to be the one to say this on Momo but...

"The one that you love. It's not me."

Momo was just staring at her, unbelieved, in a total mess.

"Then who? All my life you're the only one I love."

Nayeon hates this. That she will be the one to make Momo realize.

"You know who. You just can't accept it. Since you're confused. And frightened on that truth. You like her now, more than me."

"You know that's not true. You're doing it again Nayeonie. You just wanted to be a good friend on Mina that's why... that's why..." Momo couldn't think of anything to say. Her mind can't function.

"See? You know who."

That made Momo stops. And realized it. Now she keeps questioning herself, on why Mina's name was the one on her head right now.

"You like her." But Momo just won't accept it. Nayeon knows Momo needs more time. "From the day you got to know that Mina likes you, I saw it. Your expression that night, you were not shock of knowing that Mina likes you. But you were disappointed on knowing it so late. Then you got so afraid, to know the truth behind the mess of us. So, you never questioned her. I was waiting for you. For a week I never got a news. That made me realize, that what I saw that night, is true. That it is not me anymore. You tried so hard to avoid of knowing the truths, but guess that didn't work. You accidentally heard us."

The pain of saying the truth for Momo. It is hurting Nayeon more than ever.

But the face of clueless Momo right now... Nayeon thought of this, maybe she can make Momo clueless on her whole life and make her believed that she still loves her. She can actually do that right now. But no, Nayeon wouldn't be able to do that. She knows Momo deserves real happiness.

"I love you." Momo just said it. She's still believing by this. Wrong. She wanted to lie on herself.

"That was before."

"She lied to me." Momo won't lose to find a reason. It's just, too late for her, she thinks.

"Because she loves you."

"She hurt me."

"She hurt you.... because she is hurting." But Nayeon won't lose either. Even it is hurting her.

"Y-You don't love me anymore?"

"I love you. So much. That's why I am giving you to her." Momo approaches her closer. Reaching Nayeon's hand. Holding it so tight.

"You're giving up on me again?" Nayeon shook her head. Putting her hand on Momo's cheeks.

"This time, I am giving up for your sake."

"Why?"

"Because I've always wanted the best for you. And it's Mina now, not me."

"Why?"

"Don't hold on me anymore. Let go. Forget the past. Forget the guilt. If you want to be with me just beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter