Chapter 12

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JEONGYEON'S POV

This is the fifth time I went here on the rooftop straight.

At first, I just want to hide from my fans who keeps following and bothering me around. I just want some peace and sleep that time but a golden voice woke me up. I peak who it was and see a familiar face. The reason why I agree coming here on this school.

She was not joking when she said she was a better than me at singing.

Now here I am, hiding on the corner, waiting for her to come. Why am I even doing this?

I waited for her for another five minutes but it seems like she was not coming today.

Why do I feel disappointed? I came out from hiding and stretch out myself.

"So, it's you. Ms. Main Vocal." I was startled by her voice.

It's her, what the . I can't even move, turn and show myself to her properly.

"It's been a while since I felt like someone has been observing me every time I am here. So, I tried to catch who it was, but it's just you."

Why does she sound so disappointed though?

I finally turn to her, trying to hide my embarrassment

"hi there, hehe." I awkwardly wave at her.

Come on Yoo Jeongyeon. You're better than this.

"For your information, I am not observing you. You just happen to be here every time I was here. It was just a full coincidence." I tried to cover myself.

I saw her raising her one eyebrow to me, she is not believing me for sure.

"Sure. If you said so." She then walks pass by me and seated on the bench.
She opens her phone and put an airpods on her ear not minding me who was just staring at her. She looks at the sky and stared at it.

I don't know but I think it is okay to join her, right? It's not like she owns this rooftop anyway.

I approach her and sit a bit far beside her. She was just busy staring at the sky while I can't keep my eyes off of her.

'She's beautiful.'

"How was it?" I was startled by her.
Is she talking to me?

"How was it being an Idol? Being a singer were everyone has been eyeing for?"

"Ahm...." Her question made me think. How was it? hmm...

"At first it was really hard. No one knows us, no one knows me. So, we need to work harder for them to notice us. Thanks God Tzuyu's visual got trending once so we gain some attention. Hmmn... Now? we are the nations girlgroup. Can you believe that? I really thought it would be better but, it's not. It still giving me a lot pressure. It feels like everyone is looking at me so I always got anxious not to make mistakes. That I need to be perfect. It's getting harder and harder the more people get to know us."

"But it's still fun right?"

I looked at her again. She was smiling. Genuinely smiling. And it's beautiful.

"Right!" I agree with her.

This is the life we choose. It's no turning back. Singing was my passion. And I am enjoying it.

She then looks back at me making me flustered. Does she know I was staring at her the whole time?

She stared at me. But her smile was suddenly gone.

"Doing something you like. Doing something you really want. I want to experience it too."

I don't know but I can feel her sadness right now. it feels like I know what she was weighing righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter