Chapter 30

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MINA'S POV

 

It's been so many nights since Momo always comes home late. Every time I ask her, she will always say she was just hanging out with Lisa on her house. And I didn't mind that. It's actually good she's hanging out with Lisa than her other friends.

Lisa is like Momo's loyal friend other than Sana. She had proved to me many times that she'll protect Momo when I wasn't present at Momo's side.

I dialed Momo's number. I am actually just in front of Lisa's house, now waiting in my car. I will try to make sure first that they are really here.

'Hello? Mina?' She answered fast.

"Momo, where are you?"

"Ah... Here at Lisa's house?" She sound confused. Maybe because I still asked when I actually know it. She had asked me for permission earlier if she can go and hangout at Lisa's house this afternoon after class.

"What are you doing there right now?" I asked, then suddenly heard something noisy in there.

'We- We're making a cake."

"A c-cake?"

Ah... That make sense now.

Eh? Wait. A cake? Why?

'Uhm. Chocolate cake.' She told me, but I'm puzzled why suddenly they're making a cake.

Momo do loves baking, but she's too lazy so she only bakes when there an occasion to celebrate.

It's my favorite. Everything that has chocolate is my favorite. Wait...

Don't tell me... I instantly looked at my phone checking what day it is today, seeing it my mouth just opened, guessing maybe she remembered.

"W-Why are you suddenly making a cake?" I asked her, trying to make sure.

"Uhm... because I want to give it to someone who loves chocolate cake."

That made me speechless.

It is me right? She do, remember this day. I can feel it.

'Momo Unnie' I heard Lisa calling her.

'Yes?'

'How about the icing and the toppings?'

'Ah! Right! I forgot to buy the ingredients for it. Ahm... Sorry Mina, I need to go. I still need to buy some stuffs first. I'll come home early tonight. I promise, so wait for me huh?'

"O-okay." Momo hang-up on me immediately.

And I was taken aback by this. I thought she forgot already. We used to celebrate every year the day we've become friends. Today is our special day. After three years, Momo remembered it. That today is exactly the day we promised each other.

This makes me hope. That maybe Momo is really coming back to me now. I then remember the gift I have been meaning to give to her for the past years. I immediately took it on my bag. This is the couple promise ring, that Momo wants to buy for us before. After Momo said it to me, I immediately bought it knowing Momo can't.

"I can, finally give this to her." I hold it softly, putting in my heart.

I then saw Momo going out on Lisa's house, happily jumping, probably going to store that is just near here. I get off on my car happily. I pushed the doorbell on Lisa's house, smiling excitedly.

"Maybe I can surprise her too when she came back." Thinking of Momo's reaction when she saw me is already making me blushed. I can't stop smiling thinking of it.
 

But then, my smile... faded.

Just like that, I lost my happiness.

 

Lisa is like Momo's loyal friend so I don't mind it. But right now, the moment that Lisa's house door opened, why do am I seeing Nayeon just in front of me?

"Who was that Nayeon Unnie?"

It's Lisa's voice, so I tried to look behind Nayeon's back seeing Lisa with some of flour on her face.

"M-Mina Unnie..." She uttered, looking so shock seeing me. It seems like she's more surprise than me now.

Right. Nayeon and I shares both of liking chocolates just like how we both like Momo.

I chuckled. This is really a surprise then.

 

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Mina can't control her anger anymore. The thought that Momo has been spending time with Nayeon every night is making her insane.

Mina was about to dash on Lisa but Nayeon stops her. Mina turned her head on Nayeon just by her side, they are glaring with each other like they were talking to each other. But Mina strongly shoves Nayeon's hand on her wrist and walks toward to Lisa who was just stunned on her spot.

"M-Mina Unnie. Let me explain-" Lisa can't even finish her sentence when Mina slaps her so hard.

"I trusted you! Out of Momo's friends other than Sana, you are just the only one whom I trusted for Momo. Even though I know you're close with Jennie, I never doubted you." Lisa can't look at Mina now. She promised Mina before, that she will take care of Momo and never lie to Mina ever. She used to inform Mina regarding to Momo everytime. Now, she ruined it.

"M-Momo Unnie asked me." But Lisa still wanted to explain herself.

"Asked you what!?"

"To keep it a secret from you. I tried to decline but she begged me. No, she forced me. H-How can I say no to her? I never know what is happening but I just want to trust Momo Unnie that's why... That's why-"

"That's why she let me stay on her house." Nayeon can't keep in silent anymore. "You made me leave my house by revealing my uality on my parents remember? So, don't include Lisa on our mess Mina. Don't throw all your anger to her just by knowing Momo is lying to you. I'm afraid you will do something terrible to Lisa and her family too if I let you."

"Wh-what?" Mina scoffs in unbelieved. She's really hating Nayeon right now.

"What? Why are you acting dumbed right now Mina? Remember when you voluntarily helped my family and then wishing me to break-up with Momo on your birthday?"

"W-What!?" Lisa asked, as she couldn't understand what Nayeon is trying to say. She keeps looking back and forth to Mina and Nayeon.

"She used her money to buy Momo from me. Listen Lisa. She fooled all of us. She's always acting like she only cares about Momo but she actually only cares about herself."

Mina immediately walks approaching Nayeon. Glaring like she was threatening Nayeon right now. Lisa always thinks that Nayeon was just messing with her mind but seeing how Mina reacts makes her confused, now.

"What? Are you afraid to show who really you are? The true color of Myoui Mina. Aren't you tired pretending?"

But then Mina snickers. Trying so hard to control herself.

"Go. Tell her." She dares.

'I am not afraid.' Mina told herself.

"Really? You're this confident Mina? You really think Momo will forgive you?"

Mina thought she is not afraid. But no. Maybe she has always been afraid.

Momo always think she is a kind person. Momo always thinks Mina is her guardian angel. Mina made Momo believe, that she can never done something so bad. Mina is do afraid, to disappoint Momo. That she is not like a kind of person who Momo really thinks. That she is actually a person who has been hiding behind a beautiful mask.

"Remember when I told you Lisa. That I'll make you see who the is? It's this girl. She used her money, to break Momo and me. Our business suddenly got in trouble in a perfect time. We were supposed to become poor but suddenly she helped us help by investing so much money. Too much from what we needed. I was really overwhelmed by that so I told her I'll pay her back no matter what. But suddenly she said on her birthday she wants Momo as her birthday wish. If not, then our business will go down to hell. She made me choice, break Momo or break my family. What a great friend she is right?"

"YOU MADE THE CHOICE!"

"YOU MADE ME NO CHOICE!!!"

That confirms it all. The silence occured gave time Lisa to conclude everything. Lisa didn't heard Mina denying it. Which means everything that Nayeon has said, is true.

"You said I need to break her no matter what! On whatever way, make her believe that I don't love her anymore and then leave. I did it. Then what happened next? Don't you know how hard it is to me? Seeing her jumping on that car that day because of me, it's hunting me every day."

"I just want her mine!"

"That's why you bought her? Thinking if I'm gone, she will love you back? Your money, almost killed her. Not once but many times. Your selfishness made all of this mess."

Mina wants to argue and depend herself more but-

"M-Momo Unnie."

That made Nayeon and Mina widen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter