Chapter 28

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Nayeon couldn't look at Momo and just hide on IU's back after Momo slaps her. Actually she can handle that. That slap.

"That was- not even enough to show you how much I loathe you Nayeon-ah. I really thought you're different. Now? You can't even look at me and you're just clinging behind your future girlfriend."

This wasn't It. This wasn't the initial plan of Nayeon on how she'll break up with Momo.

She planned to do it slowly, until Momo will be the one to realize they are not the same anymore. But suddenly she felt that if it is not now, she wouldn't be able to do it anymore, and Mina, might do something more terrible than this. She's afraid.

"And I thought you're my friend!" Momo said to IU. Nayeon felt so guilty putting IU into this mess. Momo and her were close friends too, now she just broken it. She tighten her grip in IU's hands.  And Nayeon can feel Momo's burning gaze on them. It's suffocating her. It is slowly killing her inside.

"Why? Are you embarrassed being caught? Don't be. A trash should never get afraid to someone like me who has 'mental illness.' Stand by that, you ." She just then felt Momo nudging her so hard, walking away from them. 

She let Momo go. Without even turning her back to see Momo, afraid she might stop Momo and ruin everything.

The slaps, the words that Momo throws to her didn't hurt. But seeing Momo's hurt because of her, hurts more than ever.

It was so hard for her, to uttered those words when she knew Momo was hearing them. She almost made her lips bleed from biting it so hard when she said she's just using Momo and Momo has a mental illness, but she need to say that all. She know Momo will keep holding on her, unless she hurt her so bad.

She again bit her lip and cheek so hard wanting to resist herself from changing her mind and just run to hug Momo right now. She really wanted to do it, but she can't. She must not. She gulped hard, and reach her phone on her pocket with her trembling hand.

She dialed a number. It took just one ring and her call was already answered. Nayeon scoffs in anger. She's angry, on how everything just turned this way. Both are on silence. Waiting for each other to speak.

"I did it. You won." Nayeon started.

'Where is she?' The person on the line asked her. Nayeon tightens the grip on her phone.

She's mad. On how this person really doesn't even care about her. About their friendship.

"She just left my house."

Then the call ended. Without even a proper talk, the person on the line ended the call. Nayeon then quickly throws her phone on the floor violently out of anger. IU on the other hand can only watch at Nayeon, ranging alone.

Nayeon is showing all of her frustrations, her anger, all of her emotions. She throws everything she touched. Until Nayeon got a hold on a picture frame of her and Momo. Nayeon cries even more staring at it. Looking at it she realize something...

"I-" Nayeon keeps shaking her head, "I can't. I can't leave her alone. I promised her. That she won't feel alone ever again." Nayeon muttered on her sobs.

In the end she couldn't do it. She let go of the frame carefully and suddenly walks towards the door.

IU knows what is Nayeon thinking right now. So, she stops her. Hugging her from the back, she stops Nayeon.

"No. Don't go. Mina is coming for her. It's over. Momo will be able to move on. So, let her go. Now. Don't let her to suffer more, Nayeon."

IU is not trying to stop Nayeon because of her own feelings. 

She's just afraid. Knowing now how Mina will do everything for Momo. She's really afraid that something might happen to Nayeon and to her family if Nayeon set against on Mina.

"Let go! Just please let me go!" Nayeon is struggling on IU's hugged. She's wailing in despair. They keep doing that, until Nayeon lost her strength. Sitting down on the floor with IU. Finally, IU releases from her hugged but still holding Nayeon's wrist.

"One last time." Nayeon speaks again. "Please let me just see her one last time. I just want to see if she's okay. I don't care if I saw her with Mina, just please.... Let me see her, for the last time."

It hurts IU. Seeing Nayeon begging on her. So she need to look away from Nayeon, and let go of her hand finally letting her go.

IU felt Nayeon standing up. In just a second. Nayeon was already not on her side anymore. The rain then pours. Widening her eyes, IU immediately takes her jacket and umbrella to follow Nayeon.


 

Nayeon runs. She runs and runs as the rain is falling. She doesn't care anymore. She just wanted to see Momo. Nayeon didn't know where to go. She just trusted her guts and runs. She knows the faith will let her meet Momo. It's always been like that. Momo and her, have that connection.

It was raining so hard. It was dark. The surrounding is not that visible but Nayeon was able to see another woman who was walking on the rain slightly far from her. Nayeon already know, that it's Momo.

Nayeon's heart is pounding so fast. She slowly stops from running as Momo stops just by the side on the road. Some lights are blinding her but she can still see Momo just right there.

Nayeon then take a step. She slowly started walking again until her eyes saw another person approaching Momo just like her. It's Mina. She stops again from walking. Now giving up. Because now at least she know Mina was already there for Momo.

Then it was just a sudden. Nayeon's eyes saw it all.

How suddenly the road had become so crowded. The roadway gets congested.

And all that Nayeon last saw, is Mina running so fast for Momo. While she was just there, stunned from what happened.

For many minutes she was just in there, soaking in the rain, watching how an ambulance came and leave, as well as the crowd in there.

No one was in her vision anymore. But what happened earlier keeps repeating and repeating on her head like she was seeing it again and again.

She was not breathing at all. The pain on she couldn't do anything to prevent that happening keeps hurting.

Then Nayeon just suddenly felt the rain not pouring on her anymore. And another person just came on her side.

"Momo..." Nayeon finally speaks in lost, and her tears are finally visible. "Momo got into an accident. She was hit by a car, NO!" Nayeon is getting crazy, it is killing her remembering it.

"Momo jumped on that car. I saw her. She- She's- It's- it is because of me! It is my fault! I saw her. She just rolled on the road so far after the car crashed on her, just- just in front of my eyes. She's bleeding. Her hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter