Chapter 24

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Mina felt uneasy now that they've arrive in Japan. She can't take her eyes off from Momo, since she's afraid Momo's trauma will in anytime. Luckily, Momo seems to be feeling okay so far.

"What do you think of Japan now, Momoring?" Mina asked Momo, who was busy staring outside the Van, now on their way to their next stop.

"Nothing has change. Still the same I guess? Or maybe because I never thought of this place after I left." Momo bitterly muttered and Mina chuckled out of it. It's been six years since Momo never came back here in Japan. It's a long time considered that all her memories was left here. And Momo, tried so hard to forget it. So right now, Momo didn't know if this place will still felt like home for her.

"Really? By the way, we're staying first on hotel before we go to the main house tomorrow." Momo immediatelty turned her head to Mina hearing that.

"Why? It's just an hour ride here."

"I want to visit my grandfather first. But his assistant said he's asleep already so I'll try tomorrow. Of course, you're coming with me."

"Ah..." Momo nodded, agreeing to it. "Okay. How is he though? Does he still remember me?" Mina chuckled on Momo's question. After a long time Momo is finally having interest to others.

"Of course. You're his favorite after all." Mina chucklingly replied, Momo as well slightly remembering her little memories with Mina's grandpa.

"That was before. When he was still not sick. I heard he has dementia now."

"Hmn... but he's still strong. He can still play golf with you."

"Which I ." Mina laughs at Momo's response. Both started to reminisce it. "I still can't believe I played with him many times before just for the food he offers with me. Now that I think about it, it was all because of you. You always turn down his invitation." Momo added complaining to her.

Mina can't help it but laughs, remembering how Momo always have that begging face before just for her to say yes to his grandfather's invitation, which Mina never does coz she hates going out.

"At least he has you. He always thinks of you. And worried that's why he always wanted to spend time with you. You know it right? The reason why he took care of you. Like a real family."

Momo smiles on Mina, noding once.

"Hmn... He wants me to feel of how it is to have a father. I'm always glad of your family Mina. Thank you."

"Now you're being sentimental." Mina teases her.

"You started it." Momo rolled her eyes on Mina. They both chuckled on each other, then didn't realize how they were staring deeply to each other. They stop laughing. Still staring with each other. They stayed like that for a while, with not an awkward silence, but a genuine happiness they are feeling right now.

A silence, that gives them peace. A silence, that made them forget everything for a while.


 

"Are you ready?" Mina broke it.

That silence. With Momo who doesn't need to ask what it is Mina was asking. She knows what Mina was referring to.

"Not yet." Momo answers honestly, slightly shaking her head.

"I'm here." Mina held Momo's hand.

"I know." Momo stared at their hands.

"Always here." Mina added, tightening her grip on Momo's hand.

Momo looks up and smiles at Mina. Still has her answer on her mind.

'I know. I always know.'





 

"You're crying."

"M-Mina. W-What are you doing here. It's, it is weekend." Nayeon was startled by her bestfriend. She didn't even realize the door opens because she was busy crying.

"Should I lie and said I forgot something here? Well, I heard what happened to your family." Mina replied, crossing her hand and approaching the crying girl. She seated in front of her.

"That's why you're here?"

"Yes, because I know you're here." Mina stared at her, from head to toe, over and over. She's teasing Nayeon.

"Now, should I thank you for seeing me like this, a mess?" Nayeon jokingly glared at Mina. Still trying herself to stop from crying.

"Should I leave then? You know I don't really want to bother you so if you want then I will just lea-"

"NO!" Nayeon cut her off. Afraid Mina will actually leave. She needs her right now. Mina smiles at Nayeon and finally sit besides her, hugging Nayeon. her hand on her hair. Nayeon breaks down on cries again.

"You poor girl. Being affected of your parent's problem. You always know I can adopt you, right?" Mina jokes trying to lift the girl up which she gain a smack on her leg.

"Ouch." Mina groan, not in pain but playfully.

"Stop joking like that. Can't you see I'm broke?" Nayeon complaints while getting a tissue to wipe ger runny nose and tears.

"Well, I'm sorry. I'm not good at comforting people." Mina helped her getting a tissue as Nayeon was struggling on it. "What are you gonna do now?" Mina asked.

"I don't know. Maybe start getting ready of being poor." Nayeon jokes too, so she gains a glare in Mina, raising her eyebrow unamuse. "I mean, the company is going down, and the moment it happens, many employees are going to lose their job. We were set up. We've been paying taxes correctly and Dad was sure about it. How- How do you think I can think of what I can do? I'm still a student. I am just a student." Nayeon stops, getting more and more fragile thinking on everything. "I can handle it, being poor. But my parents? They won't. They won't survive it. And I'm actually afraid. I know everyone knows by now. They will talk about us and gossip about me nonstop, or maybe they'll bully me. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter