Chapter 18

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Nayeon gave a lot of thought if she will go inside on her, and Mina's hideout. No one knows this room of this school, not even Momo. Mina specially made this room just for them. This is where they usually hang-out, do some stuff for school and talks about their life. But this time, Nayeon felt uncomfortable coming here now. She didn't know why but she feels guilty even though she is not doing anything wrong.

Nayeon sighs deeply... before she opened the door revealing Mina who was on the couch with her laptop on the lap. Mina didn't even bother to look at Nayeon knowing it was just her. Nayeon made her way and silently sits across Mina. She stared at Mina, for so long making Mina feels her presence.

"What?" Mina blankly asked, not looking.

"Just wondering what are you busy about right now."

"Schools budget."

"Need some help?" Nayeon offers as she stands up and sits beside Mina, peaking at the laptop. 

Mina smiled a litte, and before she could even reply on Nayeon's offer, they heard a phone vibrating that interrupted them. It was Nayeon's phone.

Nayeon immediately takes her phone, but panics as she saw who was calling. She turned it off quickly and hide on her pocket. She was really worried if Mina saw but got relieved as she saw Mina still busy on her laptop. Mina on the other hand didn't actually tried to look at it. It just happened to be really visible for her to see who was calling. It was not hard to recognize that caller id picture when she knows the person.

"No need, I'm done." Mina replied late as she felt how uncomfortable Nayeon is right now.

After waiting for a little bit, Mina closed her laptop finally done by her works. She then glared at Nayeon with her eyebrow raised on her. Nayeon felt afraid for some reason.

"I am going to confess on Momo." Mina informed Nayeon all of a sudden, and it just made Nayeon surprised that she didn't know how she reacted to Mina.

"W-why, suddenly? I mean, are you sure? You know she doesn't want to be part of any commitment." Nayeon blurted out, slightly getting worried.

"Yeah. I am sure. But not so fast. I want to confess to her before the year ends. And I want you to help me."

"M-Me? Why me?" This is not getting good on Nayeon's side. Nayeon wants to go already and leave this conversation.

"I saw you together with Momo earlier." Mina asked straight, this is actually what she want to say when Nayeon came.

Nayeon though gupled hard, and tries to compose herself as she heard Momo's name. She knows she can't act poorly knowing Mina. And maybe she actually expects this kind of questions already. It was not hard for her to notice that Mina has been observing them these days.

"A-And?" Still, Nayeon stuttered. Mina just smiled on it despite on seeing how poorly Nayeon is acting right now.

"I just notice that you two were always together nowadays. Looks like you two are close friends already." And Mina, wants to confirm the truth right now.

"W-Well, technically yes. But we just happen to see each other earlier. And then she invited me and my friends to join their dance club. So, we just talked about that and the process for joining. J-Just that." Nayeon, was actually telling the truth.

"So, you are going to join?"

"Ahm...Yes. I can't?" Nayeon was worried thinking Mina doesn't want her around Momo.

"Of course, you can." Mina approved, but Nayeon still felt somewhat uncomfortable with that. By that the conversation about Momo ends for now. Nayeon hopes Mina will stop talking about Momo now, but also knows it's impossible.

"Anyway, that's one of the reasons why I want you to help me. You are already close to her and I am your friend. You want coffee?" Mina asked finally changing the topic. Nayeon just nods, minds wandering.

Mina goes to the counter to make both of them a coffee. Mina only has her back on Nayeon.

"What do you think?" Mina asked of nowhere, making Nayeon unsure what to say. "Of Momo. What do you think about her?" Mina added.

Mina always tell Nayeon everything about Momo, but she never asked her like this before. Mina was not really a type of person who gets curious on others mind. This is new for Nayeon, she want, not to make mistake.

"She's. She is fun. Maybe?" Nayeon has actually many things on her mind to answer that question but she knows she can't say anything.

"Really? How long has it been since the two of you met again? I just forgot it already."

"3 months and 29 days by now." Nayeon unknowingly answers exactly, without so much thinking on it.

Mina on the other hand stops for a moment from trying to lift the water heater. Mina was stunned, staring at the wall, chuckled awkwardly by herself.

Mina is much more certain. She knows Nayeon has this aspect where she remembers exactly everything that is important for her.

Nayeon was uncertain by Mina's sudden silence, but after she realizes why-

"Ahmn... I mean, h-how could I forget that. That was the first time you finally invited me on your place. And we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter