Chapter 25

If I Can Buy You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


THIRD PERSON' POV

 

"Ow... Hi my babies."Mina's Mom greeted Mina and Momo as soon as they saw them entering their mansion. "Welcome back to Japan. How's your flight?"  Mina's Mom immediately hugged Mina, and then Momo.

"It was a little tiring. Japan never change, I must say." Momo answers her, as the maid taken their luggage from them.

"Let's go and eat for now. Mina's dad is still busy so we can eat first. I cooked your favorites." Mina's Mom pulled them both on the dining, but  Momo keeps turning her head, looking for someone. Mina noticed it.

"Who are you looking for, Momo?" Mina asked for Momo to speak, she knows Momo will just look around without asking so she need to speak for her first. Momo though was taken back by Mina, making her to look at Mina's Mom, awkwardly, before she seat as Mina's Mom keeps staring at her. They are waiting for her answer.

"Uhm... Ah.... W-Where is she?" Momo finally asked, and Mina can't help it but chuckled on how Momo is acting anxious but cute at the same time.

"Who?" Mina's Mom asked, didn't really get Momo at first. This just made Momo more shy to ask. She tilted her head on Mina, asking for help but Mina just shrugged on her. Momo frown, felt hopeless so...

"I mean... M-My Mo-"

"Ah!!!" Mina's mom gasped finally realizing. "Your Mom. I'm sorry sweety she's not here."

Momo turned confused. Mina too actually. Momo came here for her Mom, now she's not here so she's too baffled right now.

"She's in our guest house. Don't worry, she is coming back here tomorrow. I heard from Mina that you are finally coming back so I was so excited and immediately send her there. I told her she need to manage it for a while since an important guest is coming, but it's actually just for us to have plently of time to make a surprise birthday party for her tomorrow. Isn't I'm so smart?" Mina's Mom boasted her plan, with both Momo and Mina now being enlighten.

"And you're the surprise for her Momo." Mrs. Myoui addad. Super duper excited for tomorrow already. Momo just shyly nodded on her as a response. "Thanks God you will finally meet your Mom aagain. She misses you so much. Oh? How about a gift? Do you have any give for her already?"

"Ahm..." Actually, Momo did not forget about the gift. It's just she didn't know what her mother wants or taste like so she didn't pick any even though they dropped to the mall earlier.

Momo put a smile on Mina's Mom... Instead of buying a gift she just thought on something else.

"I'll make her a cake." Momo's a little proud and embarrassedly said.

"A cake? Wow. That's perfect." Mrs. Myoui felt proud of Momo. Even Mina actually. "Okay, enough with the talks. And let's eat now. We are still going to think for tomorrow's birthday surprise."
 

 


 

Momo is getting more anxious as the time goes. It's almost time, for her to meet her mother, again after six years. Momo left before, without even saying goodbye to her. They never talked actually. Momo and her lived individually. And it was all because of Momo's trauma.

Momo keeps walking back & forth in front of Mina who was just staring at her. Mina sighs as she knows in anytime, Momo might change her mind and runaway.

"A- I will just go to the comfort room." Momo excuses herself but before she could turn around, Mina has already held her hand and stops her from going.

"If I let you now, I'm afraid you will not go out there anymore." Mina stated, being so sure of her assumptions.

Momo sighs. "I-I'm-"

"It's okay. Don't be afraid. You don't need to put a lot of effort. You can just stand there and greet your mother once. No one is going to pressure you. Everyone of us will understand. Especially your Mom. I know it's hard for you, so I'll hold your hand the whole time." Mina puts their hands up, intertwined, for Momo to see that she's just beside her. "You can let go of this if you finally felt light and comfortable."

Momo finally felt easy now, it was all thanks to Mina.

"She's here." One of the maids informs them so Momo tightened her grip on Mina's hand.

"Let's go." Momo was still not ready but Mina already pulled her out the room.

The confetti were already falling when they came out. All the maids, drivers, visitors, and Mina's parents were clapping and singing happy birthday already.

Momo still can't see her mother as the people were covering her. It feels like slow motion for Momo. The first that she able to see is her mother's eyes. As they were walking being pulled by Mina, the next thing she saw is her mother's ears, and then her mother's lips, smiling beautifuly. Until she was already in front of her mother, staring innocently.

The crowd has gotten silent. The mother and daughter were staring at each other.

Until suddenly Momo saw her mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter