Chapter 9

Better Together! [Under Review]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December, 23rd.

OHA will be closed for a week and a half starting today, but that doesn’t mean it's a slow week for Seungwan. In fact, she’s busy delivering gifts to loyal customers. Yes, OHA makes it a tradition to send Christmas gifts to its most frequent customers.

Taemin and Seungwan have been out since morning because out of 4 delivery staff, they were the only ones who didn't take any Christmas leave. Seungwan’s family is living in Canada and because ticket price has been soaring high due to the long holiday, this year she’s not coming back home. Besides, she’s planning to graduate around March next year so she should work on her thesis.

Seungwan only has 2 companies left to cross on her list before she can wrap up her shift today, the Han and K2. She decides to go to the Han’s first as it is closer to where she’s currently at.

Arriving at the main gate, she sees the staff are busy putting up Christmas ornaments around the main garden. Looks like they’ll be hosting a Christmas party again this year.

Seungwan is aware of the said annual party. When she delivered last year’s gift, she talked to one of the staff, Sungmin. He proudly told her that once a year, the Han will invite their customers and a few influential people to attend their annual party. The party is always lit and all the staff is invited too.

Taeyeon wants her to give the gift and card directly to the owner so she asked one of the staff before making her way to the owner’s office.

**

Hearing a series of knocks on the glass door, makes Sohee look up from her computer. Her frown eases when she sees Seungwan’s face behind the door.

“Hey, Wan.” Sohee opens the door to let the young delivery girl in. “Christmas gift? You can put it on my table.”

“You seem busy, Unnie.”

“Oh, I was just running over the guests' list for our Christmas party, good thing you’re here”

She gives one invitation to seungwan. “We added OHA to the list this year.”

“Thank you, Unnie. We’re very honored.”

It’s the first time OHA is invited since The Han becomes their customer, but who's gonna come? Taeyeon is going back to her hometown, and so is their finance and HR manager.

Sohee smiles easily. “It’s nothing. We just want to share the joy.”

“You should come too if you’re free.” She gives another invitation to Seungwan. By the look of it, it’s a personal invitation, even Seungwan’s name is written neatly on it.

“Oh no, I really don’t deserve to be invited,” the younger girl refuses. She never attends this kind of important party. She heard that last year, the minister of culture attended the party!

“What are you talking about? Of course, you deserve it. You’ve been helping us a lot with the supplies.”

“But I’m just doing my job, Unnie.”

Sohee assures the younger girl. “Doing your job perfectly is something worthy to appreciate so take the invitation, you can bring your friends. We have plenty of food and drinks. So if you can, please come”

“Then I’ll accept your invitation. Thank you, Unnie.”

Sohee holds her gaze for a while and another smile blossoms on her lips. “Not a problem.”

**

An hour later.

Seungwan parks her car in her usual spot near the K2’s backdoor. She rings the bell and not long after, a grinning Seulgi opens the door for her. Well, to be honest, she kinda hopes that Irene would be the one greeting her with her cute specs again. Oops, too bad.

“Sup!” Seulgi greets happily while munching on her pringles. “Is that a gift for me?”

Seungwan gives the box to Seulgi’s waiting hand. “Yearly gift from OHA for our valuable customer. I also brought the usual stuff.”

Seulgi’s smile widens. “Oh my! I love gifts! Come inside, we’re having our tea time.”

Tea time?

“Ok wait, I will put the stuff first.” Seungwan stores the materials inside the storage and then asks Seulgi for a sign.

Impatiently, Seulgi signs the form before dragging Seungwan to the pantry.

*

Yeri, Chaeyoung, and Irene are already inside enjoying what looks like bubble tea (their version of tea time). Except, Irene looks almost choked on the boba upon seeing the young delivery girl.

“It’s a buy 4+1 promo,” Seulgi explains while offering one to the smaller girl. “You came at the right time!”

“Wow, thanks!” Seungwan placed her cap on the table before taking a sip of the bubble tea. “How are you guys?”

“We’re doing fine,” Chaeyoung answers delightfully. “Thank you for the cake! Irene unnie told me that you baked them for us.”

“Ah, it’s nothing. Unnie helped me too.” Seungwan glances at the quiet girl, well, Irene is usually quiet anyway.

“What’s your plan for Christmas, Wan unnie?” Yeri suddenly asks.

“I’m going to finish my thesis. How about you?”

“Boring~” Yeri snickers. “Chaeyoung unnie and I will go to Busan while Irene unnie will visit her family in Daegu. Seulgi unnie … I don’t know, probably will going to hibernate.”

“That’s correct!” Seulgi says proudly making everyone chuckle at her cuteness.

“Seungwan, do you want to join us for the year-end countdown? We’ll have a rooftop party.” Chaeyoung offers.

“I usually spend my new year watching year-end music on TV so yes I’m pretty much free,” Seungwan grins back at the older girl.

“Great! You can bring your friends too!” Yeri added, “A hot friend if you can, please.”

“You can bring Sooyoung.” Irene finally breaks her silence.

Seungwan purses her lips. “Sooyoung often spends her time partying outside to celebrate year-end but I’ll ask her.”

“Can you bake us something, unnie?” Yeri shamelessly asks

“Sure, muffins??”

“Yeah!” Yeri cheers happily with Seulgi.

“Come here anytime on the 31st, we’ll close the shop early to prepare for the party,” Chaeyoung informs her.

“Will your girlfriend come too, Chae?” Irene asks the blonde girl.

“Yes.” Chaeyoung blushes at the question.

So Chaeyoung is taken. Well, no surprise really. She is pretty. Seungwan thinks to herself and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter