Chapter 3

Better Together! [Under Review]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene comes early to open the studio today. She and her 2 other friends take turns doing it every week. This week is her turn.

The young artist turns on the lights and AC before scanning the main store with her eyes. Then, she takes a broom and duster to start her daily cleaning. Yes, she cleans the studio every day, especially the shelves where their works are displayed.

..

..

Satisfied with her work, she continue her daily cleaning by rearranging the displays.

She put them in order by size. Big-sized artworks are placed on the left and right of the shelf, while medium-sized ones are placed in the middle. The color is also in order, bright-colored artworks are displayed on one shelf and warm-colored ones are on another shelf.

Teapots, oh her teapots, she arranges them according to their theme. If a teapot has a bird pattern on it then she would arrange the cups into a bird shape. If it’s flowers then she'll put the teapot at the center surrounded by its cups that act as their petals. Back then, it would take hours for her to be satisfied but now she learns to work efficiently.

Irene steps back and examines the paintings on the wall. Seulgi is the only painter in the studio. Her works are mostly about nature, traditional Korean houses, foods, etc. No doubt, her works make the gallery feel more alive but the young painter doesn’t have a good sense of arranging things so Irene takes the charge to place everything. It wouldn’t be good if their works clashed with each other.

Chaeyoung is the one and only sculptor in the studio but sometimes, she also helps Irene with pottery. While Irene likes to make small to medium artwork and is more into ceramics, Chaeyoung loves to make bigger artwork and use a wide variety of materials. She designs and sculpts statues, moon gates, and mostly modern gates. She works by order from customers and only has a few of her works displayed due to their gigantic size. Thus she put most of her works on their website’s catalog. Whenever the demand for tableware is high, Chaeyoung will help Irene to meet the customer's orders. The blond girl is also responsible for the studio’s finance report. Chaeyoung is simply awesome like that.

Irene sighs in happiness after seeing that the studio’s appearance is up to her liking. She collects the trash and walks to the back door to put it in the main trash bin.

The weather is a bit chilly outside, understandable, it’ll be winter soon.

Irene is stretching her hands when she sees Yeri walking down the street.

“Did you put out the trash again?”

“Yes.” Irene rubs her neck. Yeri scolded her before, she said it was her job to put away the trash and to do some cleaning around the studio. Although the older girl makes her job easier but technically, Irene is still her boss.

Yeri sighs. “Just take a break. Let me do the rest.”

“Everything is done. I have some buns, go eat it while it’s warm.”

The younger girl grins before muttering, ‘you’re the best woman in this world’ to her boss.

Yeri is their only staff. She’s responsible for walk-in customers and man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter