Chapter 5

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Within G-Dragon’s villa, Dara proceeded with their dinner telling Jiyong that it was just a friend whom she talked to lately. Jiyong didn’t ask any other follow-up questions and respected her personal life instead.
They chatted and ate for an hour. Hwangbo ate a lot from the dinner Jiyong brought so she said she wanted to lay down in bed for a while. She chose to spend her remaining time to rest well instead, for Dara has another friend to stay with her for now. She promised to spend her time well with Dara tomorrow. They still got a whole day together awaiting anyway.
They understood her reasons and besides, she drove for a long time so letting her sleep early was enough for her merits.
Dara and Jiyong went outside to hang out comfortably beside the pool.

There was a nice view outside.  The lake was still and the moon was bright. The weather was marvellous. Just the right kind of night she needed.

Jiyong brought a bottle of wine for them to drink. He happily sat on the floor, crossed legs like Dara, and poured her glass with wine.
"I know you'd prefer this over beer tonight." ,he said.

Dara chuckled and said, "You're right. I don't want to wake up tomorrow hungover."

"Vodka would do that."

"I never liked vodka."

"What if I only have vodka with me?" ,he teased.

"Um... I'll drink from the pool then."

Jiyong laughed then poured some on his glass. He took a sip right away then turned to her. His whole body facing her.

He said, "Let's begin."

"What?" ,she chortled, wondering what the hell he's talking about.

"Why did you really want to stay here for a while? Is there something going on?"

"Why are you suddenly interested to know?"

He replied while chuckling at the same time, "Well, I reserved this whole villa for you, I deserved at least a hot issue."

Dara faked a smile and looked at the pool's gentle waves. The light from below was reflecting the waves on their faces.
She answered, "I just feel lonely. I'm a human too, you know. I'm allowed to feel that way."

Jiyong laughed and said, "I didn't say anything. Why are you being defensive?"

"How about you? I don't know what's up with you these days. You never shared."

"Boys don't share. We keep it to ourselves."

"What's up with that toxic masculinity?"

He cackled loudly then said, "I'm okay. I paint stuff from time to time as a way to relieve the stress I feel."

"You were painting lately..."

Jiyong looked at the pool as he replied, "Yes."

There's no need for more words for them to read and understand what they really meant. The cold wind passed them by. They were hushed once again. Only the sound of the wind hitting the trees could be heard.
She said, "You don't think I'll notice? I can see it too."

He turned his body towards the pool and looked away from her before he finally opened up. He said, "You probably know this feeling as well. You enjoy being on stage and people look up to you like you're their king... but the moment when the show is over and you lie alone in your bed, there's the emptiness. There's sadness. Without the cheering crowd... you're as hollow as a wandering soul."

"I totally understand. It's different now for me too. Now that I have to go alone and do things on my own."

"Being alone is the worst. That's why I want to keep you company here. I heard it on your voice from the call. You sound helpless." ,he chuckled at the idea.

"Being alone is not the worst. Being surrounded by people but still feeling alone is the worst.”

"Ack noona. This pool is not deep but we're getting deeper!" ,he tried to joke to appease the depressing thoughts they have.

Dara gave a weak laugh while still staring at the pool. Both of them can't look each other in the eyes while they talk about serious topics.
Jiyong went along with the topic now that they're deep into it anyway. He continued, "Sometimes I feel that too. My lovelife is a failure. Growing old alone is my fear. I just need somebody... anybody."

Dara sighed loudly. She said, "That too!"

"Ayy come on. You gotta be kidding. You have tons of guys asking you out! You can't be that alone."

"I guess that's how people see me." She took another sip in between her words then carried on, "But I just need someone consistent. Sure, they like me... but will they still be there tomorrow?"

She looked far away, towards the peacefulness of the lake and gathered the courage to tell him what really bothered her. She said, “Lately I met an old friend… no, not just an old friend, someone who had been special to me, and he looked unconcerned. Ackk~ Maybe time really changes some peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter