Chapter 31

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because Dara was upset and she didn’t want to go home bringing that emotion, she went back to the party, hoping that everyone was still there.
She checked the time to see how long she’s been gone since she went to Jiyong’s house. It wasn’t that long and that’s when she was sure that the party was still ongoing.

She was afraid of being bothersome to her manager for coming back again to the place where she was picked up from so she rode a cab alone. 
When she was on her way, she remembered what happened recently. She scoffed and said, “My love life was a failure? What? Is his love life that perfect now? Psh! So annoying.”

The driver looked at her from the rear view mirror and replied, “Ye?”

Dara said, “Ah, no. I’m talking to myself.”

“Ahh…”

Then the driver kept looking at the rear view mirror to check her out, wondering if she was in her right mind. Well, she hoped she was. 
She chuckled after noticing the driver who kept on checking her out as if she was someone crazy. Later on, she felt relieved that she was able to laugh again after an emotionally draining day.

She thought, “Ah, life has its ways.”

Because of the refreshing short ride, she was confident that her mood was well-adjusted to join the party. When she arrived, although she already passed through some friends, she constantly looked for CL who invited her but she was nowhere to be found.

She walked around the place to find someone she’s close to but everyone seemed so busy doing their own thing. Drinking beers, dancing to music and talking to each other. She couldn’t find a place she could fit in so she found herself standing in front of a busy crowd like a lost person. She turned around to walk to a corner to make a call when she bumped into Gray.

She almost couldn’t forget how good he smelled. Unlike any other guys in the party, he doesn’t reek of alcohol and cigarettes, but an expensive perfume.
He smiled at her and said, “Oh! You’re here!”

She stared at his face that looked neat as ever. His hair was properly styled that made him look the most gentleman among the guys around. She finally replied after observing him, “I was here lately. I just came back.”

“You looked lost.” ,he joked.

“I… actually am.” ,she bantered.

He happily responded, “Oh come on, I think you know a lot of people here. I only know AOMG people around here so I have to stick with them. You want to come join us?”

“I…” She hesitated to go because they looked drunk and she didn’t want to be associated with drunk men unless she already fully trusts them.

He waited for her answer although she could see it by her expression that she was reluctant. Within seconds, they heard Simon D called out for Gray, saying, “Seonghwa-zzing! Get me another bottle!”

Gray wanted to shout back but he looked at Dara and nagged, “He already had 3 bottles. What’s up with that hyung?”

She laughed and replied, “How about you? Aren’t you drinking?”

“I’m completely sober. That hyung can’t drive so… duties.”

They laughed at the thought that Gray was Simon D’s butler for the night. Gray invited her again to see if she would finally join them, “You sure you don’t want to join? I can’t stand seeing you alone here.”

“I’m… Well…”

When she still hesitated the second time, Gray immediately thought that he was probably crossing boundaries so he said, “Oh, I get it. I’m sorry. Are you waiting for someone?”

To which she denied right away, “No. We’re—” She paused and she didn’t know why. 
She didn’t know why she couldn’t tell him just yet that they already broke up. Maybe she didn’t want him to know that it also didn’t go well with the guy she chose over him. She didn’t want him to know how miserable she was tonight. She wanted to hide that part of her that was continuously seeking help from other people. Therefore, because she wanted to keep the breakup private, she just said, “He couldn’t come tonight. He has a schedule, that’s why.”

“Ahh…” He nodded with the smile on his face slowly fading. “Stay strong, you two.” ,he said before he turned around. 

She didn’t say anything and just watched him go to the bar to get Simon D the beer he requested. As much as she hated to lie to him, she didn’t want to give him false hopes because she needed space to heal from her breakup just last night.

So she went her way to the corner to finally make a call to someone when she met Tiffany who seemed to be waiting for her to come her way. She was standing in front of her, blocking her way, wearing her biggest smile. She energetically greeted, “Hi unnie!”

Dara felt awkward because they’re not that close to begin with to be welcomed by such energy. But she managed to reply, “Hello.”

“I didn’t know you were friends with Gray.”

“Ah, you saw that?”

“Of course! You guys were like two visuals talking within the crowd. How could I not see that?”

Dara just made an awkward chuckle because she didn’t know what to say. She didn’t even know why Tiffany was around. It was supposed to be a small get-together party but she had no idea that it was going to be this huge, having people who brought other bunch of people here and there. Of course, she couldn’t ask her who invited her so she just remained quiet.

Because Dara didn’t talk back, Tiffany went on with the conversation, “Unnie, I’m a fan!”

She respectfully replied, “Me too.”

“You don’t really like Gray oppa, do you?” ,she asked while still widely smiling.

Dara had no idea that Tiffany was the passive-aggressive type. She was not expecting it at all. She was only able to react a bit but forgot how to speak up. She innocently raised her eyebrows and moved her face closer to Tiffany, acting as if she didn’t hear it clearly.

Tiffany cheerfully tapped Dara’s arm and said, “Aing, unnie, there are a lot of girls who want Gray oppa. I’m just saying.”

“What does that mean?”

“Take it how you want it. I’ll go now. Bye~”

She walked away, still wearing her smile as a mask to conceal her aggressive approach. Dara was completely shocked at what happened. She thought, “Was she threatening me?”
It took her long enough to absorb what just occurred before she looked back. When she did, she saw Tiffany linking her arm to Gray’s along with AOMG. They were laughing and Gray seemed to be okay with Tiffany being touchy over him.
Gray and Tiffany were facing back so they weren’t aware that Dara could see them. 

She thought, “Are they dating?”

By the way Tiffany seemed to be gatekeeping Gray from her, she could tell that they might have something going on. It has been months already since she cut things off with Gray anyway so a lot could happen within those times.
She couldn’t explain why but she felt a sudden anger within her after seeing that sight. Was it because she didn’t want to see happy couples or was it because she was mad that the guy who used to give her attention was already giving his attention to someone else?
She thought, “Of course, someone else likes him. It’s impossible for them not to.”

She didn’t want to stare at them any longer so she proceeded to walk in the corner to call Hyoni.
The music was loud even though she already stayed away from the speakers that were blasting the sound so she was nearly shouting her words. Dara asked her where she was but she said she was not at the party because she has work. 
Dara told her she had no one with her and that she couldn’t find CL. After hearing Dara’s situation, Hyoni advised her to just leave and go home which Dara thought was a good idea so they soon hung up the call.

Dara was already walking her way out, thinking why did she ever go to the party if CL was nowhere around most of the time. She murmured “Inviting me then leaving me when I’m already here? Aish, that kid.”

When she was already near the exit, a man grabbed her arm. She looked back but she didn’t recognize who it was. She was pretty sure it was the first time she saw him.
She said, “Who are you?”

“You’re CL’s friend, right? She was outside! She was drunk as hell and she was making a scene!” ,the guy frantically said.

Dara worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter