Chapter 14

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As they proceeded to the venue's parking lot, Jiyong said, "Let's have a meal altogether, noona." as he continued to walk with them.

She replied, "I can't go tonight. I have somewhere else to be." 

Big Bang members walked to their car but Jiyong stopped and looked at Dara. 

He said, "This late?"  

Dara also stopped and said, "What's wrong?"  

"Where are you going this late?"  

Taeyang was about to get inside the car when he looked back and noticed that Jiyong was not with them. He saw them talking but called him out anyway since they had to go, "Jiyong-ah, we have to go." 

Jiyong ignored Taeyang and listened to what Dara said instead. She murmured while smiling, "I have a date." as if she just delivered wonderful news. 

Jiyong looked displeased and replied as he held his laugh, "What kind of man would take a girl on a date this late? It's almost 10 PM!" 

Taeyang called him from afar again, "Jiyong-ah~ We're hungry. Let's go!"  

Dara said, "It's not like what you think. But oh! Aren't they asking you to go already?"

Jiyong looked at where s were and he saw the door of their van widely opened and they were all looking at him, waiting for him to hop in.  
He said, "Aish! Whatever. We're going to eat now. Enjoy your date!" 

Then he ran to the van and entered. Their van was still not moving since the parking area had lots of celebrities' cars going out at the same time. As they waited for their turn to the exit gate, Jiyong was watching Dara from the window.

Dara talked to her manager like she was asking permission because she had to go elsewhere.  
Jiyong thought, "Going on a date eh?"  
He continued to watch her until she rushed her way to get inside her manager's car. Because she entered the car, he thought she probably would be escorted to the place. 
He remembered the way her face lit up when she told him that she has a date. It has been so long since he last saw her being excited like that. He felt relieved. 
Beside him was Taeyang and he saw that Jiyong was watching Dara. He asked "What did you guys talk about?" 

He replied, "She has a date tonight so she can't come with us for dinner." 

"Ah really? Is it with that guy we talked about before?" 

He paused as the moment of realization hit him. He forgot to ask who her date will be. Thinking that it might really be Donghae who he didn't like for her, he reacted, "No way! It can't be!"  

He quickly unlocked his phone from his pocket to text her. Taeyang didn't know why Jiyong reacted so negatively about it when their original plan before was to help her date the man. He never knew because only Jiyong and Se7en heard about the back story and only Jiyong knew who the guy was.
The curiosity took place so he asked, "What's wrong? Isn't it a good thing? Why can't it be?"  

Jiyong did not hear what Taeyang said as he was busy typing his message on his phone. He typed in, "Are you going out with that guy?! Seriously?" while muttering the words, "Don't you dare." then hit send.

TOP and Daesung were busy with their phones and minding their own business and only Taeyang was concerned by Jiyong's actions. Worriedly, he said, "Tell me what's happening."  

When Jiyong had finally sent the message, he answered "I don't like that guy for her."  

Taeyang chuckled and said, "Why does it bother you?"  

Jiyong didn't know how to answer the question because he also had no idea why it did. He wanted the best for her but he can't say that as it would be too mushy and the members might not leave him alone and about it forever. 
Instead, he said, "She’s kind of ignorant, that’s why.” then he put his phone down and held it close to him in case she replied.

Taeyang said, “Let’s trust noona. She can handle herself.”

Jiyong wasn’t able to say anything back and just settled with what Taeyang said——to trust her.
He leaned his back on his seat and tried to relax for the rest of the ride. 

Taeyang noticed that Jiyong was silent but he still looked uneasy. He found it strange that his best friend acted strange after the incident that happened lately. He had never seen him that furious before except for when he was scolding them as a leader. But because he has a strong image and his personality type was usually the one to avenge someone, he thought it was a daring move. He thought he would probably just ignore it if he were to stand in his shoes so knowing they have someone like Jiyong makes him proud.

For not so long, Jiyong suddenly sat straight from his seat and opened his inbox from his phone. Taeyang was observing him and he knew he just received a message. 
Dara replied, “No. It’s not him.”

Jiyong immediately typed in, “You’re not lying, are you?” but deleted it after then typed a new one, “Did you just say that so I won’t be mad?” 
He deleted it again, scoffed then mumbled, “Who are you kidding?”
Jiyong then went straight to press call to talk to her instead because he was already impatient to wait for her reply. It went on for a few rings when Taeyang grabbed Jiyong’s arm who was holding the phone and pulled it down.
He said, “Jiyong, stop it.”

Jiyong was shocked that Taeyang restrained him out of the blue. He didn’t know that he was watching him all along. He just looked at Taeyang and said, “What?”

“I know what you’re trying to do. Don’t do it. Let’s give her the freedom.”

Jiyong figured that Taeyang was right and that he overreacted to it. He tends to be impulsive at times and he realized he was acting that way again. He slowly cut the call and said, “Right.” 
 


There was an awkward silence after. 

 

 

Then he realized the mood seemed off already so he tried to change it by joking around. 
He said with full actions, “Because she’s small and brittle, a man could just easily, you know, slam her to the ground like Baaaamm!” then laughed after.

Taeyang joked with him as well and copied his actions, “You’re skinny too so 2 baamms for that!”

Jiyong responded while laughing, “You’re right! That’s why I have you!”

“Yes! Leave them to me and Daesung!”

Daesung replied after hearing his name, “Me?”

Jiyong and Taeyang just laughed, knowing that Daesung had no idea what they’re talking about and perhaps wasn't aware of what's going on.
  
After a little while, they arrived at a 5-star restaurant and dined like kings after ordering a whole lot of expensive food from the menu. And as they ate together for the night, Dara was driven and sent to an unoccupied street in Hongdae where Gray was waiting.  
 
Before she arrived, Gray was talking to Loco on his phone. He said, "I've never been this nervous. Do you think I was moving too fast? Maybe she'll think of me as a player for acting quick like this. But it's just a friendly date! It's not bad to try this every once in a while, right?" 

Loco replied, "Yo! Hyung! Calm down… she agreed to go. You have nothing to worry about. And if you really like her, of course you'll make a move like that. How much do you like her anyway?" 

He said jokingly, "I like her a lot that I'm holding in my fart right now in case she comes." 

Loco laughed and said, "Just be yourself! You can do it! Tell us what happened after! What she wore, where did you go and all that!" 

"I'm not gonna tell you! Listen, I can't talk right now. I panic more when we're talking about it." 

"What do you mean you can't talk?! You literally just called me to ta–" 

Abruptly, Gray hung up and just held his phone. 

His heart was racing and he was trying his best to control it so it wouldn't show on his facial expressions and body movements. 
While he was pondering about how to act in front of her, Dara finally arrived at their meeting spot.

 

(Background Music: SLCHLD ft. Rheehab - Call This Love    ||     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll3OTKrEm8w)

 

She went down the van and saw Gray, handsomely groomed with his white polo, high waisted grey trousers and fresh sneakers. He did not see her for he was still fiddling with his phone like he was waiting for her signal to know that she already arrived.  
Dara was planning to surprise Gray so she hid for a bit an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter