Chapter 10

Our Quiet Language
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just right when Eunhyuk and Jamie have left the place, Jay, Simon D and Wonjae eventually return inside the restaurant and go back to their table.

Gray said, “Oh hey, you’re back.”

Seeing that Gray enjoyed his time without them, Jay replied, “Are we interrupting something?”

Wonjae laughed and Simon D giggled. It was obvious that they were teasing Gray to Dara. It was just too rare for them to see Gray talking to a girl because he barely had a woman friend.

Dindin intruded, “I think we are.”

Gray smiled when he said, “Stop that.”

Simon D pointed at Dara and Gray then said, “Look, Gray even left us to join their table.”

Gray said in rebuttal, “Because you left me alone and I was hungry. Come join us here.”

Wonjae said, “The table is too small for the six of us. Shall we join these two tables?”

Jay responded to Wonjae’s idea, “Good idea! We all know each other so it’s best to be in joint tables.”

The boys stood up and moved their table next to the table where Dara was sitting.

Now that they’re in one table, they are on parallel sides. On one side, there was Dara in between Dindin and Gray. In front of them was Wonjae, Jay and Simon D, having Jay in the center. Since Gray had finished eating, only the three were left undone with their food.

As Jay munched, he spoke “Noona, let’s drop the honorifics, let’s talk here as friends of the same circle.”

Dara said, “Sure.”

Simon D said, “You’re friends?”

“Yeah, it’s no biggie. YG and AOMG are totally cool. We cool~” Jay replied.

After he swallowed his food, he spoke again, “Noona, you’re single, right?”

Dara chortled after being randomly asked about her status.

Wonjae reacted, “You can’t ask that.”

Jay retorted, “No! It’s because she had a dating scandal with G-Dragon twice now. It’s all over the internet again, but I know that it’s not true because we hung out a few times and I see them a lot.”

Dara nodded as Jay spoke then she answered his question, “Yes. I’m totally single.”

Dindin faced Dara and said, “Noona! Let’s trade places for a day. I really want to be close to G-Dragon hyung like that.”

Dara just laughed. Jay continued, “They’re really close, but I see them more as friends. Media could really distort reality sometimes. Anyways, it’s cool that you still remain friends with GD despite the dating scandals you two got in.”

Dara answered, “It’s nothing. We’ve known each other for more than a decade now so it’s not too much of a big deal for us. We’re really close friends.”

Jay nodded and ate a spoonful again. There was a few seconds of silence when all of them stopped talking at the same time.  
Jay talked again to avoid the dead air, “Noona, this man right here is single too, you know.” He pointed at Simon D.

Simon D laughed at what Jay’s trying to do. Jay immediately said as he raised both of his hands in mock surrender, “I’m just sayin’... Just sayin’.”

Dindin and Wonjae were laughing at what they’re witnessing and Gray was just smiling.
Jay carried on, “You’re both born in 1984 and you guys’ hometown is Busan.” 

When everyone was laughing, Jay cleared it out, “Basically, I’m tryna hook you guys up.”

Dara was just laughing along with them. She knew that Jay was just kidding. She could easily get along with other people's wavelengths and that's a good thing for she meshes well with everyone.

Dindin said, “SsamD (Simon D) hyung is handsome too!”

“And he’s loyal!” ,Jay added. He tapped Simon D’s back then pointed to Dara, signalling for him to shoot his shot. Simon D laughed harder after Jay did it.

Gray jokingly commented, “We’re not the same age but we both like the same shows on Netflix!”

The boys reacted, “Ohhhh!”

Wonjae said, “I smell a competition!”

Jay was hyped. He said, copying Jessi’s(female rapper) accent, “We’re not a team! This is a competition!” (It was rapper Jessi’s famous quote from the program, Unpretty Rapstar)
They were all gagging because they all understood the joke. 

Gray imitated a tone of a rapper dissing a co-rapper, while looking at Simon D, “You may be taller by inches, but my height is closer to noona!”
It was then again followed by another laughter. 
Dindin was wheezing on one side and liking the vibe. He felt at home as he’s with a group of guys who are rappers as well. Their humor boundlessly matched.
Jay noticed that Dara was laughing along with their jokes so he praised her, saying “It’s cool that noona is okay being the only girl in a group of guys. She gets along with us so well.”

Simon D agreed, “I notice that too.”

Wonjae said, “I think it’s a YG thing.”

Dindin said, “She’s just cool like that. I never thought we'd be as close as this after we happened to be in a show together. I thought after the show, we’d part ways forever, but here we are.”

Jay teased Dara and Gray again, “You should binge watch together!”

Gray replied, “We're not in that level of closeness. I think she'll be uncomfortable.” 

Dara said as a response, “You seemed like a nice person. It could happen one of these days. I mean, you all seemed nice, so it’s fine.” 

Jay said, “Among all of us? Gray is the nicest. But we’re all nice… Look at us, this is going well, right?”

Gray opposed, “That's because there is a girl around us." He turned to Dara and said, "You should hear what they talk about when they're together, without any girls in sight.” 

Simon D said, “Don't drag us down like that man, you do it too!”

Gray bowed down, shy that he was exposed like that when he’s beside a girl. 
They laughed again. After that, they continued eating. Dindin talked as a substitute for Jay Park, who was in-charge of the gags lately. He said, "Noona, are you busy these days?"

She replied, "I'll be hosting Daesang Awards next week so I'm going to familiarize myself with the program this week." 

"Ahh. Your schedule is really packed. So hardworking…" 

He later leaned his back on the backrest of his seat then said, "This feels nice. I'm so happy we stumbled upon each other tonight." 

Jay emptied his glass of water then said, "If there's anyone in this room who's more than ecstatic right now, it's Simon D." 

Simon D almost choked on his food as he laughed. He replied, "What are you talking about?"  

Wonjae agreed on Jay and pointed at Simon D when he said, "He was a big fan of 2NE1 ever since! He likes 'I Don't Care' the most."  

They all laughed at the fact that the tough Simon D they know likes girly songs and was a softie inside. 

Simon D blushed then shouted in a thick Busan accent, "Stop talking about me!"  

Hearing a very familiar accent, Dara laughed and Simon D smiled because of it.
The six of them talked for a long time after that, laughing and making fun of each other. There was never a silent moment when AOMG is around. They always bring a chaotic energy, filling up a room with their noisiness. 

Randomly, Gray looked at the plates and saw that some still had the remaining food on theirs so he said, “When you’re all done eating, let’s take a picture before we leave.”

Jay teased, “Oh! He claimin’! He claimin’!”

The boys laughed. Gray didn’t know what exactly Jay meant but he just laughed along with them. Jay meant to say that Gray was claiming his spot beside Dara which explains why he wanted to take a receipt of it through a photo. He said it in a joking manner but men can always tell.


For not so long, they finished their meal and decided to take a group photo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter